[Fix] Install errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
367
Reaction score
46
I am tired of people posting this bug... I have not seen it in awhile so maybe it got fixed? but here is my fix anyways. Sorry if this has been fixed (I am running an older version) and your welcome if it works. :P

This tutorial should fix the error shown below (I took this error from someone else but this is basically what it looks like):

Code:
Warning: include(../GameEngine/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 12

Warning: include(../GameEngine/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../GameEngine/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 12

Warning: include(../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 13

Warning: include(../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 13

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php on line 13

Warning: include(../../GameEngine/lang/en.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/install/include/multihunter.php on line 7

Warning: include(../../GameEngine/lang/en.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/install/include/multihunter.php on line 7

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../GameEngine/lang/en.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/install/include/multihunter.php on line 7

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/GameEngine/Admin/database.php:12) in /home/turen/domains/travianx.hq.lt/public_html/install/include/multihunter.php on line 29





Note: I suggest that you use a web host if you want a good Travian Server.

Changing perms (chmoding):

1. Change the perms (chmod) of the folders "install" and "GameEngine" to 777.
2. Go into the install folder and change the perms (chmod) the folder "include" to 777.



Editing the files:

1. Inside the install folder go into the folder "include" and open the file "multihunter.php"
1A. Where it says:
Code:
../../GameEngine/lang/" . LANG . ".php
change that to
Code:
../../GameEngine/Lang/" . LANG . ".php
2. Go back to the main directory and go into the folder "GameEngine" from there go into the folder "Admin" and open the file "database.php"
2A. Where it says:
Code:
include("../../config.php");
include("../../Data/buidata.php");
Change that to:
Code:
include("../../GameEngine/config.php");
include("../../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php");

3. AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED THE INSTALL go back to the main directory and go into the folder "GameEngine" from there go into the folder "Admin" and open the file "database.php"
3A. 2A. Where it says:
Code:
include("../../GameEngine/config.php");
include("../../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php");
Change that to:
Code:
include("../GameEngine/config.php");
include("../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php");


That is it. Your server should be working now.

--bob9994 (Brandon - Owner of DelviewTravian)
 
Yeah this **** is pissing me off. We gotta find differend way of solving it.
 
Yeah this **** is pissing me off. We gotta find differend way of solving it.

Yea, this is only a work around. You can not put these changes into the code because you have to change it again anyways... I will look into it when I have the chance.
 
Yea, this is only a work around. You can not put these changes into the code because you have to change it again anyways... I will look into it when I have the chance.

Maybe making it like
PHP:
if(file_exists(somefolder/config.php)){$link = "something";}else{$link = "something";}
 
Maybe making it like
PHP:
if(file_exists(somefolder/config.php)){$link = "something";}else{$link = "something";}

I was thinking along the lines of that but I was thinking smaller as in putting a thing in config.php that would say "installed "0".
and put in the database.php something that would say something along the lines of...

if installed = "0" then

"Point to directories"

else

"Point to other directories"

That would include a another query loaded on every page though and that would not be fun. You would also do this with phpmyadmin and just make a s1_install and same thing as above... if it said 0 than it would look for different files. Once again this sucks because its another query...

So, my final though is keep the database.php so it says:
Code:
include("../GameEngine/config.php");
include("../GameEngine/Data/buidata.php");

and when the installer moves the config file to GameEngine you could make it copy it to somewhere in the install file too... or something like that. That way the installer could use that config to make the multihunter password (I am sure you could put a buidata.php in there too).

Anyways, I hope you get what I mean, I do not really have time to test this and my coding skills suck... haha.

Good Luck...
 
I want to ask you 1 question
I have a server on travian and now I move it on another host
I export the database
I upload all files to the new host then import the database
I config everything
host,dbname,pass and etc
but now I can' log in to game
it says

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/multiserv/users/752669/projects/1821717/www/GameEngine/Battle.php:799) in /data/multiserv/users/752669/projects/1821717/www/GameEngine/Session.php on line 55


the game work in my other host
but with the new host it don't work

how to fix this ?
 
You also got a solution for this one?
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'SQL_SERVER' (11004) in C:\Program Files (x86)\xampp\htdocs\tksites\trixiant\GameEngine\Database\db_MYSQL.php on line 17
Unknown MySQL server host 'SQL_SERVER' (11004)

Checked my config in game engine folder and everything is right.
Am running:
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
Apache 2.2.21
MySQL 5.5.16
PHP 5.3.8
 
Well, in the current v6.0.0 server that is on github you don't need to do this.

However to populate the oasis you will need to go to this link:


This should work to populate your server or at least it did for mine.
Good Luck!
 
okey,but I make my server on wampserver programm,so in my localhost,how I must change perms? Sorry for my English
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back