[Fix/Solution] Transformation glitch

All skills that can be abused with transformation.
Anw is less code and work with no problems :)
I don't say this is a bad method, just saying...

Removing them on rebirthing? what if the players save them on purpose to use them, even without transformation?
 
No, it doesnt show the spam to other's either, only yourself can see the spam, and, does the transformation just end in GMS too, or does it tell you you can't use the skill in transformation? As far as I know, it shouldn't just end transformation when you try to use a skill that isn't supposed to be used.

yea, i didnt see that cuz u put it before broadcast map message..
but u have no idea what ur talking about, theres no way u can get skills other than ur job path in GMS..
"As far as I know, it shouldn't just end transformation when you try to use a skill that isn't supposed to be used" this makes no sense.. how is it possible to do that in GMS? and dont u know all skills' first 3(edit: or I should say 4 for non adventures) numbers represent for job id?
 
Last edited:
yea, i didnt see that cuz u put it before broadcast map message..
but u have no idea what ur talking about, theres no way u can get skills other than ur job path in GMS..
"As far as I know, it shouldn't just end transformation when you try to use a skill that isn't supposed to be used" this makes no sense.. how is it possible to do that in GMS? and dont u know all skills' first 3(edit: or I should say 4 for non adventures) numbers represent for job id?

Even then, neither did your post nor anybody elses fix for this glitch make sense since it's not like it in GMS. I was just saying, why end the transformation when people use a skill? that's a waste of your transformation since there is a cooldown. I know perfectly well what i'm saying, even though I never looked into the skillid's and jobid's, so I never noticed it.

In fact, I never even stated there is another way to get skills in GMS, I was just statign that whatever the fix in GMS would be IF this existed, it would have been "You can't use this skill when you're in transformation.", it will not end the morph itself.

"As far as I know, it shouldn't just end transformation when you try to use a skill that isn't supposed to be used" this makes no sense.. how is it possible to do that in GMS?

Because they have a restriction on their skills within the jobs too, at least, I think they didn't allow alot of skills except the special skills that were meant for transformation.
 
Last edited:
u serious have no idea wat u're talking about..
"You can't use this skill when you're in transformation." this this client side, this work for skills related to ur job skills, i guess since theres no way to get other skills in real MS, Nexon only put a check for skills that in the same path of tranformation skills..
before anything, to put a check under parseDamage, only check for ATTACK Skills, not buff skills..
and u're not suppose to use other attack skills while transformation is on, players who have transformation on to attack with other attack skills, they did it for purpose..
and if u're using pirate's tranformation, it requires kunckle to attack, the only reason u need traformation is for certain skills included in ur job path, not for other attack skills, and those skills require transformation do not work with other weapons.. (and more, i dont wanna go deep, think urself) im donna wanna argu with u anymore, ill leave this thread..
 
u serious have no idea wat u're talking about..
"You can't use this skill when you're in transformation." this this client side, this work for skills related to ur job skills, i guess since theres no way to get other skills in real MS, Nexon only put a check for skills that in the same path of tranformation skills..
before anything, to put a check under parseDamage, only check for ATTACK Skills, not buff skills..
and u're not suppose to use other attack skills while transformation is on, players who have transformation on to attack with other attack skills, they did it for purpose..
and if u're using pirate's tranformation, it requires kunckle to attack, the only reason u need traformation is for certain skills included in ur job path, not for other attack skills, and those skills require transformation do not work with other weapons.. (and more, i dont wanna go deep, think urself) im donna wanna argu with u anymore, ill leave this thread..

Good, because half of the time when you were speaking, I didn't understand you, and next to that, my point is still true, cancelling morphs isn't known as the 'proper' way either. The client sided message that pops up is the way GMS fixed it, now if somebody wants to modify the client to do it with these situations too, go ahead, untill then, the actual spamming of the skills won't be fixed apart from cancelling the morph which isn't the proper way to do it IMO either.

@seryi, I don't really get the fun you're having. Example : when someone has sommersault kick saved on his keyboard, and would rebirth into a windarcher, he loses this skill even if he wanted to keep it.
 
Last edited:
You know, you could just add it in AbstractDealDamageHandler instead of adding it to 3 different files.

It would still show the transformation spam to others on your screen and I decided to not let that happen.

"Why I went for the 3 classes instead of abstractdealdamagehandler.java :
If i'm correct, this saves the whole map from seeing you spam/using the skills you shouldn't be using... this could be positive for servers which have people playing who don't like their performance affected by people spamming their ****."
 
It would still show the transformation spam to others on your screen and I decided to not let that happen.

"Why I went for the 3 classes instead of abstractdealdamagehandler.java :
If i'm correct, this saves the whole map from seeing you spam/using the skills you shouldn't be using... this could be positive for servers which have people playing who don't like their performance affected by people spamming their ****."

Lol. Up to you then. But i prefer it canceling morph :P
 
here's an easier fix:

go to SpecialMoveHandler.java

add:

Code:
                int jobtype = c.getPlayer().getJob().getId() / 100;
	        if ((skillid == Marauder.TRANSFORMATION && jobtype != 5) || (skillid == Buccaneer.SUPER_TRANSFORMATION && jobtype != 5) || (skillid == ThunderBreaker.TRANSFORMATION && jobtype != 15) || (skillid == WindArcher.EAGLE_EYE && jobtype != 13)) {
	        	return;
	        }

under:

Code:
        int __skillLevel = slea.readByte();
        ISkill skill = SkillFactory.getSkill(skillid);
        int skillLevel = c.getPlayer().getSkillLevel(skill);

this will block players from activating the transformation... and as far as i can tell this only allows the shark wave and demolition skills to be spammed.... i put a cooldown of 1 sec on those but i guess you can use the "fix" posted here for that for now....
 
here's an easier fix:

go to SpecialMoveHandler.java

add:

Code:
                int jobtype = c.getPlayer().getJob().getId() / 100;
	        if ((skillid == Marauder.TRANSFORMATION && jobtype != 5) || (skillid == Buccaneer.SUPER_TRANSFORMATION && jobtype != 5) || (skillid == ThunderBreaker.TRANSFORMATION && jobtype != 15) || (skillid == WindArcher.EAGLE_EYE && jobtype != 13)) {
	        	return;
	        }

under:

Code:
        int __skillLevel = slea.readByte();
        ISkill skill = SkillFactory.getSkill(skillid);
        int skillLevel = c.getPlayer().getSkillLevel(skill);

this will block players from activating the transformation... and as far as i can tell this only allows the shark wave and demolition skills to be spammed.... i put a cooldown of 1 sec on those but i guess you can use the "fix" posted here for that for now....

Well, I guess not allowing transformation to be used when you're not one of those jobs is possible too, but if you/your players want to still be able to use it afterwards.. your descision.
 
Back