Flyff Source VS2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I need some help.

I managed to port the Flyff Source to VS2012 and fixed all errors.

But the builded neuz.exe is about 10mb big and in VS2003 about 7MB.

I dont know what i am doing wrong, i already checked the linker settings, but i found nothing...

The neuz.exe is not builded in debug. I build the neuz.exe in nogameguard.
 
And what's the problem? Once you pack the client size will decrease to around 3mb. Anyways if you want to still decrease it go to Properties->C++->Optimization and where it says Optimization put Minimize size (/O1), I've Maximize Speed (O2) btw. And build neuz in Release mode.
 
And what's the problem? Once you pack the client size will decrease to around 3mb. Anyways if you want to still decrease it go to Properties->C++->Optimization and where it says Optimization put Minimize size (/O1), I've Maximize Speed (O2) btw. And build neuz in Release mode.

Thanks, got managed it. Now its really much smaller.

EDIT: **** it..... Only got it with the Optimization and Release Build on 9MB from 10

Somebody else got a idea ?
 
Last edited:
Is it really a problem, having it 7mb or 9mb? What does it matter, people have hard drives varying from 300GB up to 2TB nowadays. There surely is some room to put those extra 2mb of yours.
 
I need some help.

I managed to port the Flyff Source to VS2012 and fixed all errors.

But the builded neuz.exe is about 10mb big and in VS2003 about 7MB.

I dont know what i am doing wrong, i already checked the linker settings, but i found nothing...

The neuz.exe is not builded in debug. I build the neuz.exe in nogameguard.

"nogameguard" is debug...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back