Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Forsaken World WoS v331 [ Dev Release ]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i just don't know basic linux. i won't go learn it now. so help me please

If you wont go learn linux now, then there is NO point in you even trying to start a server.

ty mate

1 thing.. how to type ; in vmware?

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token '('

This is means you cant follow instructions.

People who want to be spoon fed the answers are not worth ANY time of mine. Granted I don't develop servers anymore, but if someone has a question on here I will HELP them learn where the answer is and how solve the problem. People who want to be fed the answers, I will not help as much.

It's that simple guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I prefer vmware, i only got that gdelivery error on vbox, then i moved to vmware and error was gone

I was just thinking that while I was getting up from my sleep. I am going to redo a VMware box and see. But, as stated in previous post, Centos would NOT let me have an eth0.. Although, I will try one more time. If not, then I will place my Ubuntu in the VMware box and see what happens. What else do i have to loose :lol: .. I just like working with these things even if I do not know a lot about development now days. Been a whole lot of years since I built any programs. IE: back when fortran, cobal and a few others were the rage, not to mention straight machine and dos. Those days are long gone.. And thanks to those who have tried to help with my gdelivery problem. madkilah28, I will try this a couple more times myself then if nothing will send the info ya requested.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was just thinking that while I was getting up from my sleep. I am going to redo a VMware box and see. But, as stated in previous post, Centos would NOT let me have an eth0.. Although, I will try one more time. If not, then I will place my Ubuntu in the VMware box and see what happens. What else do i have to loose :lol: .. I just like working with these things even if I do not know a lot about development now days. Been a whole lot of years since I built any programs. IE: back when fortran, cobal and a few others were the rage, not to mention straight machine and dos. Those days are long gone.. And thanks to those who have tried to help with my gdelivery problem. madkilah28, I will try this a couple more times myself then if nothing will send the info ya requested.

if you Install centos 6 in text mode
after finish eth0 need to activate first
you need to activate by manual configuration

by vi editor

this my configuaration [ you can change IP up to your system]

Follow up from here

** Network Configuration ***
- # vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
DHCPCLASS=
HWADDR=00:30:48:56:A6:2E
IPADDR=192.168.0.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes

- # vi /etc/sysconfig/network

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=fw331
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1

- # vi /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

- # vi /etc/resolve.conf

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ok... 1 question.. how do i make others be able to register themselves?

and i get error when i try to start virtual machine...
waiting for network configuration... (i never configured it but i have a static ip)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you Install centos 6 in text mode
after finish eth0 need to activate first
you need to activate by manual configuration

I have done all that several times. Still, CentOS would not save it or bring it back after doing so. And I have Centos 6, both DVDs of it.
I tried it in VMWare and in VMBox. Ended up the same way, No eth0. Thanks for the help offer, but, as I mentions previously, I tried all the ideas people had when I was searching the web for reasons why eth0 would not remain or even show.

But, I do not give up easyly lol.. I am trying more options that I can think of. Doing a complete fresh re-install of both VM machines and fresh download of all related files I have accumulated while messing with 331. Which is a lot lol. That's ok though, I dont have a lot else to do really.

Greets y'all...

Well, I did finnaly get the server running ok. First off, let me mention that no two systems are alike in all ways, there are many differences between em. So, what works for one may not work for another. Just wanted to clear that up as I feel most people think all systems aer identical in most ways, IE: all windows os systems are the same, or all Mac systems are the same, ect. There not. That is one reason I do not flame some one for not being able to get some thing to work, IF, and I stress the IF, I know they have been truly trying as many of you find out all the time, some do not. I do not flame because I do realize that all systems are not the same. And with machines such as computers, there are a multitude of things that can go wrong or act differently from one machine to the next.

Ok done with the soap box :lol:

What I did, and I STILL keep getting the out-of-date error, was piece together files form one collection to another. I made a new VMware box. Installed my Ubuntu 11.10 and did all the proper updates, installs and upgrades that are needed. eth0 WAS online, in CentOS, no matter whatI did, eth0 would NOT become active!! Ok, I moved the stripped files over, then opened up another box with uebari's Vertual machine setup. I replaced the authd, gacd and gquaryd with the ones from uebari VM. Fired it up, all worked, no errors in log files. Could see it from local and net. But, once again "out-of-date" and no matter how many times I shut down and re-fire the server and or the whole VM box, it NEVER logged me in. Always out-of-date. And yes, I replaced the elements and gshop data files. Tried all the ones I had, just to see if one would work. after another 14 hous of trying.. nope, nadda, zilcho... LOl soooo, I thin it is tuely time I do stop and just slide back to 307 for now. As much as I like the shops on 331, not to mention the lycan. I can only go just so long now days before having to stop a while. I will try again at a later date. Sorry there to all who were trying to help. And I wont be PMing any one for a while as there is nothing realy to look at since every thing was working, aside from the out of date. And I wish to say GREAT and good work to those who do have it running on there own systems :) Damn good work people!!! Very happy for you, and tht is no lie.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Traveler, sorry for your lost more time for your problem

Now 24 hours passed I'm Still working My client no have any need update or out of date

May be

First time before running 331 client

I'm edit server.lua for only one my server by deleted another server in file

and find and change any IP in client to my IP [192.168.0.67]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ok... 1 question.. how do i make others be able to register themselves?

waiting for network configuration... (i never configured it but i have a static ip)

Man you are COMPLETELY clueless on any kind of server development. Please do us all a favor and leave! YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON FED THE ANSWERS!!!

If you cant figure out how to get a register script then you are not wanting to learn, you just want to be fed the damn answers. WHICH I WILL NOT DO!!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can someone please upload me the elements.data?

i wanna try hexing a editor to work on it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Traveler : I didn't do anything like replacing elements.data or any .data file. I just copied the whole archive to my vmware centos x64. Unarchive it and then just run ./rhel_setup.sh, then setup.sh, edited /etc/table.xml; then i installed client given in this first post. Do mind i had 331 client earlier but it wasn't logging me either. I was also getting out-of-date error, figured out my gdelivery was keep getting disconnected so what i did is copied lib files in server files to /lib and /lib32 folder of linux and then refired server.

That out-of-date error was gone. Out of date doesn't mean mismatch of .data files it also mean one of your server service is failed to start or keep getting disconnected. Just check your /server/logs/syslog file to see if there is any error. Also make sure your database and it's config is corrected and running. Server files depends on some libraries. When i ran ./rhel_setup.sh it installed many packages and updated my LinuxOS. Just flow with the instructions and i am sure you will find solution. Post your syslog (idk if you did earlier hehe) i will see what can be issue.

My OS is: OS: Linux 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64 x86_64
Current user: root@localhost
System: CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
KDE: 4.3.4 (KDE 4.3.4)

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlaSH DaSH uebari - Forsaken World WoS v331 [ Dev Release ] - RaGEZONE Forums ok... 1 question.. how do i make others be able to register themselves?

Man you are COMPLETELY clueless on any kind of server development. Please do us all a favor and leave! YOU WILL NOT BE SPOON FED THE ANSWERS!!!

If you cant figure out how to get a register script then you are not wanting to learn, you just want to be fed the damn answers. WHICH I WILL NOT DO!!
Off topic: Well I can say because his a kid. I helped him on skype yesterday... :O:

Guys Simple Advice! Kindly check what Database is your Server using on etc/table.xml you'll see this line
Code:
<connection name="auth0" poolsize="3" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/[COLOR=#0000ff]dbo[/COLOR]?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8" username="root" password="root"/>
Meaning the Database will be dbo some release here uses a zx database like on this release so your client can't connect to the DB! so it will Server Communication Error or Client Out of Date!

:cool:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i changed it. tho i still get client out of date. reinstalled vm image

if u are there, log on skype x)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you wont go learn linux now, then there is NO point in you even trying to start a server.

This is means you cant follow instructions.

People who want to be spoon fed the answers are not worth ANY time of mine. Granted I don't develop servers anymore, but if someone has a question on here I will HELP them learn where the answer is and how solve the problem. People who want to be fed the answers, I will not help as much.

It's that simple guys.

I CAN follow instructions. No one gave me INSTRUCTIONS though.
Spoon fed? LOL no. I just told them my error and ofc i want to LEARN. But they still have to TELL me.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you literally said you didnt want to go learn linux atm not even basics wich imo simply means you want us to hand you all the commands and explanations on a silver platter please gtfo of this thread and come back once youve read a few tutorials in the pw section or jd section bout setting up a server.
ps you really sure you made a tutorial yourself? cmon.....

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nah, i won't. And yes i did a tutorial myself.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the gs iteself has create monster disabled, so no one will spawn mobs, i'm trying to locate the relevent hex to change atm

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you fixed it then why not post the info? would be better than comparing hex code ^.^

Back