Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FPS Game, Rigid World.

Reaction score
Hello, feels like it's time for me to reveal and show some people some screenshots of a project I am working on with a friend. The name of the game is "Rigid World".

We are making a FPS game, now don't get any illusions, it will prolly never get finished, and it's mostly for us to have fun working on a side-project for school.

Project Info
I am coding, while my friend does the graphics, and I use c++ for it, running the Irrlicht library, Bullet physics, and irrKlang for sound.
We have been working for around 9 months on it now.

My friend (Who does all the graphics in the game) is:
RaGEZONE - MMORPG server development forums - View Profile: Hamstr
Here on Ragezone :).

Plot
Plot is pretty simple, going to put a more explained storyline here later on...

IRC Channel
Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #RigidWorld

Current progress (Images):
Some concept art that was made today:
Justei - FPS Game, Rigid World. - RaGEZONE Forums

Lastest Images:

Another image(1920x1080 RES):

And any feedback (continuous) is VERY appreciated since then you see the improvement as well as we go.

Current progress atm (a little at least):
  • New menu, looks much better.
  • Menu settings saved in config files etc, so u can change res/fullscreen etc.
  • Objectives ingame.
  • Added voice acting,
  • Music
  • Mood setting music
  • Sound effects for background.
  • Adding more dynamic lighting.
  • Event handler for the objectives, so when you get to a certain point ingame (area in coordinates), with criteria, such as if you have accomplished previous tasks, and if you press (E for example), it will trigger stuff.
  • Added subtitles for the voice acting, so if u miss something, it will be there.
  • GUI, ammo etc.
  • Keeping to work on story.
  • More ingame content (models etc).
  • Added basic multiplayer support.
  • Added water meshes.
  • Added printscreen function(Press f12 saves screen).
  • More animated models.
  • Added Shaders:
    - Brightpass
    - Bloom
    - Blur horizontal/vertical
    - Distancefields
    - SSAO
    - A couple more.
  • Added particle effects.
  • And more... (Can't remember all lol)
Currently working on making a LOT more, also tweaking physics, Adding bumpmaps, Vehicles, etc...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice, Irrlicht? Never heard of it.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea it's a decent graphics engine, a good base if u wanna create a simple game, I modify it pretty heavily but it works just fine :).
Combined with some time and effort u can make a decent game with it.

ohh :O Thanks I was looking for a good library, does it do 2D games? I can't do 3D on my crappy netBook :/

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Graphics are really not bad for a homebrew work, good job I saw new screenshots.

Reaction score
Well, we do our best, you will be able to see how it looks pretty soon, were working very hard on a Demo which we hope will come out some time today or tomorrow :).

From what I can see we will have better graphics than IGI but then again I haven't played that game.

Content-Wise I am not sure either, that seems like a company-produced game, not a hobby game ^^ we do this just for fun and we don't have the resources to make a huge game.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Ill gladly try it.

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Ill gladly try it.
Thank you :). We been working hard for quite some time now ^^.

very nice work, cant wait for the demo
Thanks, the demo will be delayed since we are having the voice actor/s record more material also we have had some other reasons to why it will be a couple days late.

when will be released ?
The "real" game might never, I'll be honest when it comes to that, it's a BIG project to make a full scale game, the multiplayer might be released some time though, and the Demo will most likely be released this week.

We will keep working after the demo though :p the goal is to work as long as we find it fun and interesting and exciting.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you :). We been working hard for quite some time now ^^.

Thanks, the demo will be delayed since we are having the voice actor/s record more material also we have had some other reasons to why it will be a couple days late.

The "real" game might never, I'll be honest when it comes to that, it's a BIG project to make a full scale game, the multiplayer might be released some time though, and the Demo will most likely be released this week.

We will keep working after the demo though :p the goal is to work as long as we find it fun and interesting and exciting.

If you can build enough intrest and come up with a creative thing that will differentiate it then you may want to keep working. Why pass up a potential million dollar product.

Back