Getting Good GMs?

Well, a good way is to view the gmlog in the SQL to see what commands that the GMs have entered...
For me, I will definitely conduct a serious interview in recruiting GMs.
It's not just an "interested and recruit" matter, in my view.
 
I would like to have kind and patient gamemasters. They may get the job done, but if they rude to the players or call them noob or retarded when the person asks a question, they can kiss the job goodbye. Is having that person around worth the declined growth?

I agree entirely.
 
People may think age is a major factor in whether you can make a GM spot in a private server, but this in fact really isnt the case.

I have recruited many highly mature 12 year old GameMasters to help moderate my server. It was the way they spoke, their personality and politeness that helped secure a position in my server.
 
I would go for the #2 obviously. But then again it's alot about the person being mature, relaxed and can handle things in the same way the server owner wants them to do. There can't be any real "How-To-Be" about Private Server GM's.
 
Both of your options include "Fun", hence favoritism on your given options.
There is no opposing force in this discussion, besides the people's own thoughts and opinions.

The only difference is, one has an added "controlled" feature.
I am not trolling. I apologize if it comes out that way.


GM's are "Game Masters" to most. I call them "Game Moderators". They overlook game play to ensure a fun, legit, peaceful experience in the server. Unless you are dumb, your options really should be:

1. Good GM's.
2. No GM's.

And of course, server size DOES matter. So every now and then, a small server can have a third option.

3. Friends.


That's just MY opinion. (:
 
Yes, but they don't have to BUY web hosting, there's plenty of free website hosters (Freewebs for example) And some you can just host directly from your computer (Cype).
 
People may think age is a major factor in whether you can make a GM spot in a private server, but this in fact really isnt the case.

I have recruited many highly mature 12 year old GameMasters to help moderate my server. It was the way they spoke, their personality and politeness that helped secure a position in my server.

And i do have a 12 year old GM. He is like the most patient, kind, yet strict gm ive had. so, dont matter what age you are, depends on like what u just said :)
 
IMO getting a GM with some common sense and a healthy mind is much more important than his experience at the job. Experience can be earned in a week, a healthy mind takes years to develop :D.
 
I would choose 2.

Imagine that there is Noob GMs giving free items to everyone.
Use the gm power to help u lvl up, getting free cash...
The server isn't even challenging or fun.
What's the point of playing? Its like your not playing, but hackers playing.
 
Back