Good VPS?

Skilled Illusionist
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
305
Reaction score
19
Just wanting to know is my specs good host on.

Specs:

Disk Space:
 
Totally depends how many users you are going to be hosting.

I would say with your current specs, it would start to lag after 20-30+ online users.

My recommendations would be to stick with the 2GB VPS for now, and when you start reaching 30+, upgrade to a 4GB VPS.
 
Upvote 0
Totally depends how many users you are going to be hosting.

I would say with your current specs, it would start to lag after 20-30+ online users.

My recommendations would be to stick with the 2GB VPS for now, and when you start reaching 30+, upgrade to a 4GB VPS.

I don't believe RAM is anything to do with the amount of users your server can hold. I recall Jonty sharing that Zap was able to run on an 1GB RAM server. (I might be wrong).RAM in simple terms in the amount of programs you can run at the same time.

2GB RAM is more than enough for your server.
 
Upvote 0
I don't believe RAM is anything to do with the amount of users your server can hold. I recall Jonty sharing that Zap was able to run on an 1GB RAM server. (I might be wrong).RAM in simple terms in the amount of programs you can run at the same time.

2GB RAM is more than enough for your server.


Each user needs a specific allocation of RAM; depending on how well-written the emulator is, you need more or less.
 
Upvote 0
I don't believe RAM is anything to do with the amount of users your server can hold. I recall Jonty sharing that Zap was able to run on an 1GB RAM server. (I might be wrong).RAM in simple terms in the amount of programs you can run at the same time.

2GB RAM is more than enough for your server.

RAM = Random Access Memory. More players online, more data is being cached in the RAM. Once the RAM is full, the program will most likely crash due to a stackoverflow exception.

2GB RAM is enough if you are not planning on getting more than 200+ online.
 
Upvote 0
RAM = Random Access Memory. More players online, more data is being cached in the RAM. Once the RAM is full, the program will most likely crash due to a stackoverflow exception.

2GB RAM is enough if you are not planning on getting more than 200+ online.

I really hope you're trolling, do you even know what a stack overflow exception is?

If a server ran out of memory, this exception would be thrown (common sense)

It seems that you know absolutely nothing about programming.
 
Upvote 0
I really hope you're trolling, do you even know what a stack overflow exception is?

If a server ran out of memory, this exception would be thrown (common sense)

It seems that you know absolutely nothing about programming.

Yes my bad lol. Wrong name and I instantly get blamed.
 
Upvote 0
Hell I ran a German uber edit with 200+ on the 512mb, it crashed about every 5 hours however I restarted every 4 and a half from a Rebooter that was released. Ask zMagenta I think that's his name. The hotel was called Deluxe. It was around when fresh and zap and clanhabbo was first made. Its possible. Also remember phoenix went downhill a bit after 3.9ish so it may not be able to do it anymore as there's a CPU usage spike somewhere in there.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hell I ran a German uber edit with 200+ on the 512mb, it crashed about every 5 hours however I restarted every 4 and a half from a Rebooter that was released. Ask @zMagenta I think that's his name. The hotel was called Deluxe. It was around when fresh and zap and clanhabbo was first made. Its possible. Also remember phoenix went downhill a bit after 3.9ish so it may not be able to do it anymore as there's a CPU usage spike somewhere in there.

Thanks for letting me know!
 
Upvote 0
try this hosts

Very affordable VPS

SMALL BUSINESS
£5.00 - Monthly
1GB RAM
30GB Disk Space
1 Virtual Processor
1GBPS Uplink
Unmetered Bandwidth
99.9% Uptime
No Hidden Fees
No Setup Fees

Kind of late, I'm not even looking for a VPS, have a 2 GB RAM VPS, that's just collecting dust.
 
Upvote 0
Back