Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Google Concept

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi RaGEZONE,

I'm Tom: a 20-year-old student living in England.

Recently I've been attempting to build up my portfolio but I've been struggling to come up with completely "fresh" designs, so instead I've taken a look around at some other websites and have been redesigning them to what I personally would rather use.

So, as my first post, here is my Google redesign - I would really appreciate any feedback you could give me as this is the first piece of work I've shown to the Internet. A full image can be seen here on .

Google-Flat-2x - Google Concept - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank you,
Tom.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems perfectly fine by me.
Flat and simple. Just like Windows 8 and common browser icons (Firefox, Chrome and Opera).

Thing is though that there's almost nothing there to redesign.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Honestly if you are building a portfolio something like this is not what you want. Redesigns are fine and all, but an employer is going to look at your own creativity and wonder "do I want to hire this guy for my company". Your idea mimics the original too much.

Before you redesign something, step away from it and ask yourself "what does the current design lack" or "what do I want people to realise when they see this".

IDK, it isn't bad, but honestly, I wouldn't put something like this in my own personal portfolio, it shows nothing more than the fact that you can copy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really appreciate your advice, I've taken your comments on board and completely agree - I must show my creativity.

Thank you,
Tom.

Reaction score
Honestly if you are building a portfolio something like this is not what you want. Redesigns are fine and all, but an employer is going to look at your own creativity and wonder "do I want to hire this guy for my company". Your idea mimics the original too much.

Before you redesign something, step away from it and ask yourself "what does the current design lack" or "what do I want people to realise when they see this".

IDK, it isn't bad, but honestly, I wouldn't put something like this in my own personal portfolio, it shows nothing more than the fact that you can copy.

Actually Behance is full of this kind of stuff. Re-design of Facebook , Google , Youtube and whatnot.

Back