[Guide] Another MaNGOS Install Guide.

An issue

Hello there,

I followed your guide and everything was going fine, however, I've run into an issue with the Mangos Database Handler. When I go to configure it, I enter everything that needs to be entered, and when I go to save/close, I get "Your configuration file is wrong, modify your options... Input string was not in correct format." The username and password is the same in Navi, and both files in the Mangos folder, so I'm unsure what the problem might be.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Statonxyb
 
Hello again!

My server is up and running fine, but when I set up an account for a friend via the Database Handler, he is unable to connect. He gets stuck at the "Connecting..." screen at login.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
 
reinstall it and make sure its installed apache, i installed apache 2 also it works now

I have tried to reinstall and I get the same XAMPP page again. I am sure I am doing everything correctly - I'd like to think I can read and follow instructions without making mistakes ;) :p

I have no idea what the problem is.
I have port 80 open to my IP address (through the router), I have changed DBinfo in realmd realmlist table, I have altered the http-vhosts.conf file in XAMPP/apache/extra file, I have installed MySQL + Apache as services through XAMPP and made sure they're both running, I have edited the config.php file in C:/mangos/website...

What else can I do?! :'( :p
 
Hello again!

My server is up and running fine, but when I set up an account for a friend via the Database Handler, he is unable to connect. He gets stuck at the "Connecting..." screen at login.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Are you running a firewall?
Have you forwarded the MaNGOS ports?
 
I followed this guide to install MaNGOS on my system to replace a WoWemu I was running... so I tested it on my system and it worked well. Then I installed it on my server system, and I am now unable to get past the realm selection list. any ideas why this could be?
Note: realmd->realmlist address = my IP and addresses in realmd.conf and mangosd.conf have been updated to reflect the new location of database, as well as port forwarding on router

client ver 1.12.1 (5875)
 
Hello again!

My server is up and running fine, but when I set up an account for a friend via the Database Handler, he is unable to connect. He gets stuck at the "Connecting..." screen at login.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Tell to your friend to control Realmlist.wtf file(control if ther's 127.0.0.1) ;-)

One problem in the world:
teleports don't function!(like Darnassus to rut'theran village)
how i can solve the problem?
 
Okay the servers are running perfectly, but GM commands dont, i've tried a few of them and i get the same message about the command not existing over and over.

I've tried adding items through the database handler but i end up with an error message, and no item.

What am i missing?
 
hmm nice guide works evrything fine .. just i get a damn error whit the MDH .. it says still after over 6 times configure that its wrong and needed be configured :( well it works whitout it anyway just anyoing whats wrong
i have in all ips my external ip and all ports are open only that damn MDH dont accept that .. and yes is updated to newest rev :( so whats wrong?
 
Tell to your friend to control Realmlist.wtf file(control if ther's 127.0.0.1) ;-)

One problem in the world:
teleports don't function!(like Darnassus to rut'theran village)
how i can solve the problem?
could you explain this in more detail ... im having the connecting problem and so is everyone trying to connect to my server, i have forwarded all the ports but still no improvement
 
i need help

i've install azumi repack after that i,ve decided to install Rev 2512+ScriptDev131
didn't how but this is what i'de did:
-i've deleted my mangos and realmd database with navicat
-'i've copied the files in my mangos dir and hit overwrite
-then i've maked the database again with batch

all is working but i dont have ships working a train (the train is not a problem)
there is no portal from one continent to another
what can i do
pls help
 
could you explain this in more detail ... im having the connecting problem and so is everyone trying to connect to my server, i have forwarded all the ports but still no improvement

1)Open you WoW folder, search for realmlist.wtf file, edit the file(cancel everything an put "set realmlist 127.0.0.1").
2)Control if in navicatmysql/mangos(or the name of your connection)/realmd(database)/realmlist duble clik, in address put YOUR IP address.

i report my question,
One problem in the world:
teleports don't function!(like Darnassus to rut'theran village)
how i can solve the problem?
 
For everyone with problems with the MaNGOS DB Handler, the newest version requires a later version of mangos then is in my guide, just upgrade your mangos to a newer version and everything should be ok. If it is not then go to the mangos DB handler post and ask the creator about the problem I did not make the program so i cant help you much about it.
 
GM commands

I was just wondering if you could give a little detail on the GM commands. Like where to get the itemsetid from and stuff like that. Great job BTW. I had problems getting started at first, but after reading your replies here, I got everything working. you are a very patient man!:sweatdrop
 
Back