Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Detailed Guide On How To Set Up Shaiya Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This guide will guide you through setting up a Shaiya Private Server, Incuding the essentials such as
  • SQL setup
  • Server File Placements
  • Configuring Firewalls/Server Files

----------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Server File Placements

My Server Files Are Configured to running from C:/ Drive, but if you're going to be using a Virtual D:/ Drive, then follow this tutorial:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f560/tut-make-substitute-d-drive-588553/

..............Now you've either skipped making the substitute Drive or have already made it

Lets Focus on placement of the files:

If Using C:/ Drive Files then you should follow this path

'C:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER'

Else if your using D:/ Drive Files, Follow this path

'D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER'

Now you have the correct placement for your Server Files, Lets move on to the next step.

Check your IP address

To Find Your Ip Go To:

and note this, you will need it.

Now you have got your IP, follow this path:

C:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Config\
Or
D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Config\ and double-click the ps_game.ini file to open it in Notepad (or anyother editors you have)

You wan to change the line that starts with "GamePublicIP=". Highlight the old IP address that is there. (if using this for a tester on Localhost use (127.0.0.1) as the IP

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Usefull Software Links:

-- Windows Xp Service Pack 3

--Microsoft Windows Powershell 2.0

Install SQL Server Express 2008 R2.
I used SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exe which includes SQL Server Management Studio. I got it from here:
The version of SQL Server 2008 R2 named SQLEXPR_X86_ENU.exe DOES NOT contain management studio FYI.

Installing SQL 2008 R2 Correctly​

Run the installer and you should see a screen like this:

dary3113 - [Guide] Detailed Guide On How To Set Up Shaiya Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Click on "New installation or add features to an existing installation".

dary3113 - [Guide] Detailed Guide On How To Set Up Shaiya Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Check "I accept the license terms." and then press "Next" to continue.

Here you can leave everything the default if you'd like. Press "Next" to continue.

Make sure "Default Instance" is selected here. Press "Next" to continue.

Choose "NETWORK_SERVICE" from the Account Name drop down next to the SQL Server Database Engine service. Press "Next" to continue.

Choose "Mixed Mode" for Authentication Mode. Now enter the password for the "sa" (system administrator) account. You will probably want to enter the same password that your Shaiya server files are configured for in the .ini files. Keep in mind the password is case sensitive. Press next to continue.

You can just press "Next" here to finish up the installation.

Run SQL Server Management Studio

Run your freshly installed SQL Server Management Studio.

Select "Windows Authentication" and press "Connect".

Expand Security, and then expand Logins. You should see an account named "sa", it is the default system administrator account. You want to rename this account to whichever account your Shaiya server files are configured for. Highlight the "sa" account and press F2 to rename. Type in the new account name and press enter. I chose to name the account "shaiya" in this example.

The account you just renamed should now match the credentials of your Shaiya server configuration files.

Now your all done with Setting Up SQL

Configuring SQL

Run SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Expand the "SQL Server Network Configuration" tree and click on "Protocols for MSSQLSERVER".

Double-click on "Named Pipes" protocol.

When the "Named Pipe Properties" window pops up, choose "Yes" in the Enabled drop down.

THEN CLICK OK

Double-click on the TCP/IP protocol.

When the "TCP/IP Properties" window pops up, choose "Yes" in the Enabled drop down. Do the same for the VIA protocol.

Then Click The Ip Tab

Choose "Yes" in the Enabled drop down under the IP1 section AND IP2 Section

Expand the "SQL Native Client 10.0 Configuration" tree and click on "Client Protocols".
Double-click on "VIA" on the right side.
Once it's opened up, select 'yes' for 'enabled'

Install Shaiya server services

Navigate to D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\PSM_AgentInstall.exe and double-click on it to run it.

Click 'ok' To confirm, then a second box will pop up, Just press the Button Named:

"Apply window registry" Nothing will happen to tell you if this was successful or not, so press "Close" to continue.

Navigate to D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Server\PSMServer_Mgr.exe and double-click on it to run it.

Once Open Follow The Exact Paths As Below

Press:
Server Setup > Service Install All

The Green Crosses will turn to Green Pause Symbols

Press:
Control Service > Start All Server Service

All Of the Green Pause Symbols will turn to green ticks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Least I can do....

I had a hard time setting up the server, so i thought to share an indepth one... downside is that i couldn't add all the pictures because i'm limited to having 20 pictures... when i needed over 35ish xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Least I can do....

I had a hard time setting up the server, so i thought to share an indepth one... downside is that i couldn't add all the pictures because i'm limited to having 20 pictures... when i needed over 35ish xD

I'll edit it for you add another post and I'll edit it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nahh it's cool, it's worked out better without the pictures anyway =]

I might update it though, Add a step by step thing on how to convert Drives to C:/ and do you reckon realising the dmg version of the server files? :) because i'm half way into that

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nahh it's cool, it's worked out better without the pictures anyway =]

I might update it though, Add a step by step thing on how to convert Drives to C:/ and do you reckon realising the dmg version of the server files? :) because i'm half way into that

Awesome! Thanks for everything.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is a awesome guide on how to get the basics of a shaiya server up and running this i have mastered to a tee. I have setup a ep4 and ep5 server with a client and server files etc but one question i would love and greatly appreciate being solved is if anyone can make a guide or direct me to a good guide instructing me how to edit and replace things in game thorugh the database etc without causing any errors because i have tried and never can do it. By edit and replace things i mean for example putting new armors in game and maps and weapons and editing stats on existing armors without it stopping the server working when do so :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help Me Please! Shaiya Server make.

Game, I installed successfully on the server. Regulations required in the Client file did at. However, when I logged into the game, after the election server "Character Load Error!" I'm having with error. I would ask you to help in this regard.

Last edited:
Back