Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to make a C4 server L2J 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Making a L2 Server

Before Starting You will need to make sure you have you have at least the minimum requirements if you would like to play Lineage II. I have included those specifications
below.
Minimum Req. Recommended Req.
CPUPentium 3 800MHz Pentium 4 1GHz or better
RAMHigher than 256MB Higher than 512MB
GFXGeForce2 or better Geforce4 Ti or better

::Step 1::
*Note: You will need to have approximately 5 GB of free space available on your hard drive.*
Download and install the Lineage 2 Chronicle 4 client.
The client can be found here:
or
*Note: The downloading time takes about 2½ hours for 1.2 Mbps DSL users*

::Step 2::
*Note: If you already have Directx 9.0c installed skip to step 3*
Download and Install Directx 9.0c
Directx 9.0c can be found here:

::Step 3::
Download and install MySql
MySql can be found here:

*Note: Scroll halfway down the page and you will find the Windows downloads section. You will want to download the Windows (x86) 4.1.12 35.7M version.*
During the installation you will encounter a security setting for the root password. It will be the first of two check boxes. It is imperative you remember this password.
At some point the config process will give you the ability to allow it to begin on startup. Make sure you check that.

::Step 4::
Download and Install Navicat.
Navicat is a gui that lets you easily navigate the creation of Sql database's, tables, etc. Although it isn't necessary, I highly recommend it as it will make things easier for both new and advanced users. In this faq you will find I have provided two ways of installing the Sql databases, one with Navicat and one without it for those who prefer not to use it.
You can download Navicat here:

After installation, Navicat will ask you about the root password you set up during the installation of MySql. Input that password.

::Step 5::
Download The server files .
These files can be found here: here @-Choose 1 ServerPack from there .

::Step 6::
Configure the Config files.
Gameserver:

# Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
GameserverHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
GameserverPort=7777
# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
ExternalHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
# Bind ip of the loginserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginserverHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
# Database info
Driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
#Driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb?cachePrepStmts=true&prepStmtCacheSize=50
#URL=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jdb
Login=root
Password=(your password)
MaximumDbConnections=5 [ its batter too choose from 10 to 20 ]
#Datapack root directory, defaults to current directory from which the server is started
#DatapackRoot = C:\l2jru\ [ u can leave empty here ]

Login server :
# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
ExternalHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
# Bind ip of the loginserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginserverHostname=ur.ip.addres.here
LoginserverPort=2106
LoginTryBeforeBan=20
# The port on which login will listen for GameServers
LoginPort=9014
# If set to true any GameServer can register on your login's free slots
AcceptNewGameServer = False
# If false, the licence (after the login) will not be shown
ShowLicence = False
# Database info
Driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
#Driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
#Driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb
#URL=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jdb
#URL=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost/database=l2jdb/user=sa/password=
Login=root
Password=[your pass here]
MaximumDbConnections=10 [ if more people try to connect in same time ... let it be 20 ]

To register ur server for login hex code just run the : RegisterGameServer.bat [ if the server is already has the hax code u can skip this ]

::Step 7::
Establish the database.
Go ahead and open Navicat, you'll notice on the left side of the menu you will have a Connections column. Go ahead and right click on whatever is there and delete it.
Next right click that column and Select New Connection. Name this connection l2jdb. It has to be this as we have set it to this in the cfg file.
Test the connection. If you have included your root password into that, it should have no problem. If you cannot connect to mysql, thats because its not running. A restart might help. But it will usually be running after the install.
Now you have a connection named "l2jdb". Right click the connection and add a new database. After the db database shows, right click it & "Execute Batch File", you will then search within your l2jru folder for a directory called sql. You will have files ranging from Accounts to Weapons. You will execute each batch file, and as you do they will appear into your table data area to the right.

::Step 7 (Without Navicat)::
Establish the database.
Right click on full_install.bat and select edit. Find the lines that read
set mysqlBinPath=C:\mysql\bin
set user=root
set pass=
set DBname=l2jdb
and change that to
set mysqlBinPath=C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin
set user=root
set pass=(your password)
set DBname=l2jdb
Save, then run it. This will do all the work you just did with Navicat. The only purpose of Navicat is to easily and orderly edit sql table data. Which you may need if you get further into creating your own server. From editing quests to adding items and others.
It will take a few moments and then it should be done. Press any key to continue.

::Step 8::
Edit the host file to connect to your server
Find the host file in "C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc". Go ahead and right click open and select notepad from the list. Add this line to play alone. Or if you are connecting to a server, their respective IP.
127.0.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com
OR
[ur.ip.here] l2authd.lineage2.com
It can be added at the bottom of whatever you have in there currently, on its own line. Save and exit.
::You have now completed your Lineage 2 Chronicle 4 server::

Have Fun :D

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know about it but this is with all info in it :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi there

i have a problem with my server, it wont let me go by the loading screen and when others log in to it they cannot enter due to a old authentication method??

its shows this message on rungameserver.bat log

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is server side problem ... dont asc me is not cuz of what i sayed in guide ... ask the Server Creator [ jellis1324 .. Greenhope ]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help me

on my startserver page ,there are many loop messege like this

" Connecting to Ligin on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : 9014
Deconnect from login Trying to reconnect "

* (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is my ip

How do I fix it ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OoNuKuBoO said:
on my startserver page ,there are many loop messege like this

" Connecting to Ligin on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : 9014
Deconnect from login Trying to reconnect "

* (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is my ip

How do I fix it ?
Change it to 127.0.0.1
in WAN just do it-->

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I installed Mysql but some reason Navicat cannot connect to it and neither will the l2j data base installer... i did everything correctly in the files, i installed Mysql correctly as i used it before but i cannot connect to the sql server =/.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
trol4ever said:
this is server side problem ... dont asc me is not cuz of what i sayed in guide ... ask the Server Creator [ jellis1324 .. Greenhope ]

If you make a guide like this, you must know how to solve some problems your self!
else a guide like this isnt needed, a guide about reading and if there is a problem dont ask me!
you must help, it are the things you get if you make a guide like this!:blob3:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try to running server and it try to deconnect and reconnect,it show the mess about telnet<--may be it try to connect it?!What can i do plz help!
And many " error get item data.. " too

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I cant play my server L2 C4 (without internet) in my home because i have GameGuard error... look at this pictures and tell me if i am doing something bad?! I think i have tried everything.

For can play without internet wher ei have to write my ip (127.0.0.1) ?
Gameserver.propeties :
External----?
Internal----?
serveradr---?
Loginserver.propeties :
External---?
Internal---?
or where?
tell me plz... i think its my error.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Dark_l2 ... dunno what u did with ur gameguard ... something wrong ... dunno ... just try to download this gameguard and put it in ur l2 / System :

@blackchocobo ... sincely i dont know what u did on ur server Config ... that looks like a Login server porblem ... try to configure it more detailed ... :D or give me some more details .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks god! my server is running,client connected,everthing seem to be right but when the server start there are many mess about error:
Error getting item data...
??????what's that

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
delete file: :gameserver\data\stats\weapon\9000-9050.xml. delete the xml

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damn I did everything it says and when I click on startGameServer.bat it does some poop and says
'Server terminated abnormally'
Server terminated
Press any key to continue
...help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How create quest items (for change profesion) in gmshop???

tell me IDs of items to create them... plz

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Moonwarrior
7/10 Poeple work the server and the 3/10 did something wrong ... i thing u are in the 3/10 ... try again mabye u forgot something ....

@kargon
:p i am not a gmshop :p .... look in the ETCITEM [tabel] and then ask Pandron how to do it :D [pandrago is a GMShop maker :D]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
blackchocobo said:
I try to running server and it try to deconnect and reconnect,it show the mess about telnet<--may be it try to connect it?!What can i do plz help!
And many " error get item data.. " too

I got this error once and found out that i had not put the same/correct IP in for both the GameServer and the LoginServer, mebe this is the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back