• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry 4 all fans that waiting this guide but im still in a business tour now and got a little time only to make the guide...

Also this thread belong to szaer but i think he not angry with me for sharing this guide with every1...

Oh...and FYI...i already post the guide but still got ppl confuse so now i make this "GUIDE 4 NOOB" and hope that every ppl can host their own PWServer...

TUTORIAL (Part 1)
Microsoft SQL 2000 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSSY6V7Y

1. Install Microsoft SQL 2000 (Do not install MSSQL 2000 SP4 yet)
- no need i tell u the way just follow the guide....
1)
Szaer - [Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures) - RaGEZONE Forums

2)
Szaer - [Guide] Perfect World Server 1.3.6 on Colinux Tutorial (with pictures) - RaGEZONE Forums

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

P/S: this guide i got from asreinna directly sent from her e-mail. all the word are also from her not me so dont be mad at me.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no more discussion here?..
everyone already have a runing server?

I still have problems here :(:

Here's my story...

So far i only use 1 file(PW server image), i forgot where i download it, but the file size is around 423MB,
and TOTOMAN is all over that image, so i am assuming that this image is totoman's PW server image.

And heres what i did so far...

1. I have win installer V4.5
2. DotNetfx3 installation success
3. MSSQL 2000 installation success,
4. SP4 ERROR :(:, dont know why, it always come with message box "The instance name specified is invalid".
i've tried using command too (MSSQL SP4 readme.htm), nothing work...so i continue without using update MSSQL SP4.
5. Configuring MSSQL (dbo) was OK. SQL Analyzer success from both "mssql_storeprocedure.sql" and "mssql_table.sql"
6. Colinux 0.7.4 OK
I'm using this setting right now :
pwserver.bat
cd ../
colinux-daemon.exe -t nt @pwserver/PWServer.conf fastboot nogui
pwserver.conf
# The default kernel
kernel=vmlinux

# File contains the root file system.
# Download and extract preconfigured file from SF "Images for 2.6".
cobd0="E:\coLinux\pwserver\PWServer.ext3"

# Swap device, should be an empty file with 128..512MB.
cobd1="E:\coLinux\pwserver\swap_file"

# Tell kernel the name of root device (mostly /dev/cobd0,
# /dev/cobd/0 on Gentoo)
# This parameter will be forward to Linux kernel.
root=/dev/cobd0

# Additional kernel parameters (ro = rootfs mount read only)
ro

# Initrd installs modules into the root file system.
# Need only on first boot.
initrd=initrd.gz

# Maximal memory for linux guest
mem=2300

# Network
eth0=slirp,,tcp:29000:29000/tcp:8080:8080/tcp:80:80/tcp:443:443
eth1=tuntap
#eth2=pcap-bridge,,00:FF:F9:54:7C:00

cofs0="E:\coLinux\pwserver\pw"
cofs1="E:\coLinux\pwserver\serv"

7. Setting swap file is OK

I Skip all the delete/change files from the original image (i didn't do "rm"/"cp" thingy)
I only change the setting

8. Change the IP of "/etc/hosts" = 2 IPs here (im using 127.0.0.1 for now)
9. Change MSSQL password "/etc/table.xml"
10. Change IP of "/home/glinkd/gamesys.conf" = 3 IPs (127.0.0.1)
11. Change password "/opt/lampp/htdocs/register/core.php"
12. Change the user list from "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps/loginlistMGT.txt"
13. so i test the iweb page...It worked

14. I test the register page...worked too, but the page keep redirecting to other site after i load it.
then i figure it out, that the file from default image server is not supporting register page page yet.
so i looked for other register files, i found it. Its from "Szaers+IP+Logger+for+PW+1.2" well the title is not "register" but i found that this file
can be use as register page...(well thats what i think lol)
Anyway, i swap the files with the server images (rm/cp thingy)
Result : it worked, except that i cant submit my register.
Something about MSSQL, php thingy didnt worked.
and this happend to "uweb" page too...
heres the SS

why my IP address is 10.0.2.2? where is this came from?

and now im stucked. After searching the forum, it seem that i cant find the right solutions, it always came like this. Error!!!

perhaps someone can solve my problem here?
is the problem came from MSSQL SP4 that i didnt install? or what?

almost forgot, currently im using a router, is it possible to change the IP to my Global IP? cause last time i tried
all web things didnt work (iweb,register,uweb)
I've tried using "Hamachi" too, and change the IP to Hamachi's IP
the web still didnt work

Sorry for my bad english, and long write...
Thanks in advance for all of your help... :):

salam buat anak2 indo sini...:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK found the solution about MSSQL 2000 SP4 installation

It seem that the file from "Szaer-SQL and Installs.rar" is not the right one.
The file inside the rar is : SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE

LoL....no matter how many times i try it'll failed, cause its the wrong file.

So...i download another file, that is "SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86-ENU.EXE"
and...IT WORKED!!!

OK one done....NEXT ONE.....after reinstall MSSQL plus SP4, i still have "MSSQL problem in my Register page and UWEB"

so far i tried this one :
i download a program called SQL SERVER FINDER

and tried replacing "TDS" with that one (the server name/IP address)
and still didnt work....
so someone please help.....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
k i'll try hamachi now...

but one thing, as u can c, except for the register files, i only use the file from original server image (totoman's "PWServer.ext3")

i know the iweb is working fine, but what about the game? is this image working? i mean without other files?

i just want to make sure, that this image is actually working.
Yeah, i saw so many people here use other file, but the thing is is hard to find that file right now, and i think its a mess,
too many files..."what/which file should be inserted to what/which server image, and where i can get it?"
and there are too many files that doesnt exist anymore.

so...till now i just focusing on this image only. But then again,
is it worth? is it working?

anyway...i'll try hamachi for now, thanks for the advise asreinna

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
the files that u use got some minor problem...may b as he mention that he got some authd prob and also this image files he make actually to be used with mysql but can also be use with mssql...

owh...uweb is not in the image files but u can add this element urself...

Here is the repack of the previous server files...but i still in business tour so the promised project still need some time to finish coz now im using office computer not my desktop...

MSSQL 2000 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSSY6V7Y
MSSQL 2000 SP4 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK65XD07
PWServer (Sofag_1.3.6_beta) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EIJF7CNL
Server Files (Sofag_Contents) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ON13LYT

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WOAHHH...finally...ITS DONE!!!

even still with some error (register page and uweb)
but the game is working now...THIS TOTOMAN'S PW SERVER IMAGE is finally working
...and with almost no other files

heres my result :
so with asreinna's advise, i finally use Hamachi, and change all the IPs there to this Hamachi's IP.

1. i try iweb first..WORKING great!!!
2. Register page (using other totoman's register files)...i still see some error, but at the bottom i see my registration was success

Warning: fopen(ips.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/lampp/htdocs/register/processor.php on line 42

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /opt/lampp/htdocs/register/processor.php on line 43

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /opt/lampp/htdocs/register/processor.php on line 44
IP LOGGED: ***.***.***.***
Account:******
Password: *****

Registration is complete.

3. i tried uweb.....still got the same error as before..something about MSSQL things, nvm, i'll just try loging in

while im searching for the solutin to fix register page and uweb, maybe someone can help me?

4. So i log in the game with my last register ID....WORKING too!!! i can log in to the game.

But something strange there...
my new ID has already 3 chars,

the server is set to have 3 chars at the beginning at default?
or i still messed up with my registration?

5. Anyway, i just continue trying. i log in to world...WORKING!!!
6. Tried the gshop (of course i already copy it from the server image to the client)....WORKING!!! buy some item from there...NO PROBLEM!!!
7. Try to kill some mobs...NO PROBLEM..
8. So...so far i have a great progres here, once again thanks asreinna
9. Next work....

a. Fixing register page
b. Fixing uweb if possible
c. Editing gshop
etc...etc...lol, i am really exited

Thanks a lot Mr. TOTOMAN for the great "WORKING" PW Server Image :thumbup1:
Thanks asreinna for the advise...terima kasih :thumbup1:

some SS links :
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7207/52572161.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1622/75548181.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7757/98604646.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

the files that u use got some minor problem...may b as he mention that he got some authd prob and also this image files he make actually to be used with mysql but can also be use with mssql...

owh...uweb is not in the image files but u can add this element urself...

Here is the repack of the previous server files...but i still in business tour so the promised project still need some time to finish coz now im using office computer not my desktop...

MSSQL 2000 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSSY6V7Y
MSSQL 2000 SP4 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK65XD07
PWServer (Sofag_1.3.6_beta) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EIJF7CNL
Server Files (Sofag_Contents) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ON13LYT

sorry i missed u write this one, i guess while im writing mine u wrote this one lol.

anyway, thanks for all the links, i think i already have those files, except the image.
but the problem is, if i use that image, then i have to start it over again?

is there any way u can fix my register page error and uweb only?
i just cant imagine if i have to start it over again. im starting very familiar with this totoman's image...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i c that my register page error is about setting up file permission.
Something about permission to "Open/Read/Write" a file.

I c a solution with WinSCP, but the problem is i cant use WinSCP lol, i dunno why, WinSCP just cant connect to My Colinux.
i already look the Tap-Win32 net adapter address by ipconfig, and enter the address into WinSCP, but still cant connect :(:

So, anyone know whow to set a file permission directly from colinux?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@raindelian
sama-sama...kasih diterima

actually i do not have any problem with register page as long as i not set up the uweb...
i also got a problem with uweb and i cannot solve it becoz im noob php and not understand anything about php...

owh...use this to clear character:
to clear character
cd /dbf/dbhomewdb/
rm -r -f dbdata
mkdir dbdata

to clear names
cd /export/uname/
rm -r -f dbdata
mkdir dbdata

and some1 already post a thread mentioning uweb not working...check this out and if u solve this matter post it here
http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/uweb-not-working-615983/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@raindelian
sama-sama...kasih diterima

actually i do not have any problem with register page as long as i not set up the uweb...
i also got a problem with uweb and i cannot solve it becoz im noob php and not understand anything about php...

owh...use this to clear character:
to clear character

to clear names

and some1 already post a thread mentioning uweb not working...check this out and if u solve this matter post it here
http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/uweb-not-working-615983/

Thanks for quick rep,

The regis page problem i think its from new file ("ips.html"), cause i didnt use the original regis page.
Im using "Szaers+IP+Logger+for+PW+1.2", theres a new thing from this files, that is i can use IP Ban system.
heres the readme file :
Szaers Perfect World IP logger

for RageZone <3

As I promised, here's my own IP logger for perfect world. Oddly enough, Perfect world never had an IP ban system,
so using this, when you have a problem with a specific user, ban their account, and ban their IP from your register page and your site! This register automatically records a users IP on register,
and shows the username = IP. You can view the log from 127.0.0.1/ips.html. The only editing you have to do is
the usual on the core.php. You're also welcome to edit the logo for your private server. If you need any help with it
(I'm hoping it's simple enough), try me on msn totoman127@hotmail.com. I don't run Perfect World servers anymore, but I still develop tools like this for you guys,
and I can try and help with anything you need. You don't need to credit me or anything for this since it's simple,
but just don't go posting it on other forums or sites. I made this for RageZone, since Ragezone helped me with my first game servers back in 2006. Enjoy.

To ban a user/IP

Open up ips.html
Find the user you want to ban the IP of
Open up .htaccess with notepad
Put in "deny from IPYOUWANTTOBAN"
Ip b&, duck yeah.

-Szaer​

And i think the files work fine, except the permission thing.

So ic now that uweb from this image is not working, i guess the only solution if i want the uweb working is
just like i did to the register page.
register page is quite easy to find, cause szaer have the reg page update, so i just download it
but i didnt see any uweb update from him so far, so i think i'll search from other now

And thanks for the commands, i'll try it...

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I dont think szaer messed up the uweb coz some1 (stanicaedan) have proved to me already that the uweb actually working but unluckily he disappear already without telling me how 2 correct the uweb...

ok then i will try the ip logger files...never try be4 coz the server files that i upload oso have this but i removed it...

wait 4 the solution then...thats all i can tell 4 now

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More questions :rolleyes: ....

i've tried to explore this server image (totoman base), inside the game (currently im using pw my client 1.3.1)
result :
1. i didnt see other furnace in adc or anywhere, beside molder and HH furnace (standar furnace).
how do i add another furnaces (niagara, etc)
where and what what file should i edit? server side or client side?
2. i've tried to edit gshop item with Tekk gshop editor, and put edited gshop.data to client : element/data and server : home/gamed
But when i log in and open the gshop inside game, it said that my client is too low.
what part of the client should i update? all of it?
3. Where is the users db location in the image? i want to clear user list. Cause i've try to delete in mssql (user table), and i register again, it said that the user already exist.
so i think the users list is still there in server's image. where is it?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
actually before i make my own server, i also play PWMY Delphi server until version 1.3.1 only so im not sure how many furnace got in adc but i think may b u can edit the element.data...
FYI...i never edit the element data so not sure the furnace can be added or not but task.data can be edited to adjust mission and gshop.data can be edited to adjust item mall...

use this in ur colinux to sync gshop.data...
COPY FROM SERVER
cp /home/gamed/config/gshop.data /serv/backup
COPY TO SERVER
cp /serv/backup/gshop.data /home/gamed/config/
copy the gshop.data from /serv/backup folder into ur game client data folder - X:\PW\element\data

ermm...user account is located only in MSSQL and only character remain in the game database of server image if u deleted user from table...anyways try this then...
- Start > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager
- Extent the Microsoft SQL Servers > SQL Server Group > (local)(Windows NT) > Databases > dbo
- Select 'Table'
- Right click on 'users', select 'Open Table' pick 'Return all rows'
check the user account is already deleted or not here and i tell u already how to clear names and char inside gamedb

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok got it, thanks.

Right now im testing some files, using patch from other private server.

i notice something here :
beside serverlist.txt,updateserver.txt, they use
1. tasks.data, elements.data, gshop.data + elementclient.exe
2. Other private server (usually higher version items here) are using modification to the config.pck and sometimes surfaces.pck and even models.pck.
3. And last one some server edit : maps too (element/maps)

so far i only see this connection :
1. adding tasks.data = usually use for higher quest, such as quest for 2nd or maybe 3rd fairy.
2. elelements.data = not sure yet, isomehow i just cant open elements.data by using elements tools from Tekk. Dont know why, when i open elements.data, it closed automaticaly.
3. Gshop.data = item mall
4. elementclient.exe = i know this one is very important to launch the game, but not sure whats the connection...???
5. Config.pck = no idea bout this one :?:
6. surfaces.pck = interface i think, usually for item picture in gshop
7. models.pck = real items, such as weapons, armors, fashions..etc. example, if i use a fashion and i cant see the image of that fashion in my char, that mean models.pck dont have that item. (so far...thats what i think)
8. maps = i think its for editing mobs, npc or other char in the maps, not sure.....

The big Question is, all of this is client side only, what about server side??? How high (version) that the server can take,
anyone know the connection of these items to the server side?
in other words, how to sync client and server???

so...any advise on this???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok got it, thanks.

Right now im testing some files, using patch from other private server.

i notice something here :
beside serverlist.txt,updateserver.txt, they use
1. tasks.data, elements.data, gshop.data + elementclient.exe
2. Other private server (usually higher version items here) are using modification to the config.pck and sometimes surfaces.pck and even models.pck.
3. And last one some server edit : maps too (element/maps)

so far i only see this connection :
1. adding tasks.data = usually use for higher quest, such as quest for 2nd or maybe 3rd fairy.
2. elelements.data = not sure yet, isomehow i just cant open elements.data by using elements tools from Tekk. Dont know why, when i open elements.data, it closed automaticaly.
3. Gshop.data = item mall
4. elementclient.exe = i know this one is very important to launch the game, but not sure whats the connection...???
5. Config.pck = no idea bout this one :?:
6. surfaces.pck = interface i think, usually for item picture in gshop
7. models.pck = real items, such as weapons, armors, fashions..etc. example, if i use a fashion and i cant see the image of that fashion in my char, that mean models.pck dont have that item. (so far...thats what i think)
8. maps = i think its for editing mobs, npc or other char in the maps, not sure.....

The big Question is, all of this is client side only, what about server side??? How high (version) that the server can take,
anyone know the connection of these items to the server side?
in other words, how to sync client and server???

so...any advise on this???

i think all instance load in the client that y when update available, auto update will update the data files only. server just give access and login to the site that gather all client connection from time to time.

asreinna; when r u back? when will u finish ur project?

Last edited:
Back