Guide? rose private

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do sombody know a working guide to make a rose private server?
i searched so many guides but on everyguide i stuck on a moment and the writer isn't active so i can't finish the guide and i must search i new. Rose, iRose or something else it's no prob.
i prefer have xampp.
i hope sombody have a link or a guide.

thanx anyway

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found a guide but i stuck on this. it's a noob guide but i give u the link and on what moment i stuck
1st part:

2nd part:

3rd part:

u stuck on video 2 on 3:00. i need to open the index file and then he see some tabs and change some things but i don't see the tabs :eek:. i only see index.php and the other tabs i dan't have.
is there a other way to see the tabs? or do u have a another guide? plz :D

thanx

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Those tabs are in dreamweaver. he just used it to open all the files in the CMS simultaneously.
You can do the same thing from pretty much any text editor. Even your cheesey little notepad program that comes with windows, can open the index file and edit it.

I recommend
I DON'T recommend that guide. Really not all that helpful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those tabs are in dreamweaver. he just used it to open all the files in the CMS simultaneously.
You can do the same thing from pretty much any text editor. Even your cheesey little notepad program that comes with windows, can open the index file and edit it.

I recommend
I DON'T recommend that guide. Really not all that helpful.

when i use notepad i get index only too. i show you 3 screens:
This is the screen of HIM, he see much tabs.
sebasX - Guide? rose private - RaGEZONE Forums

i ONLY see the tab (above me in black).

when i use notepad i don't help anything becausei can't change things what i need to change

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The stuff shown in that top window is not even in index.php.
It is in Config.php. that's why "config.php" is highlighted in white in the picture.

The reason you are not seeing all those tabs is that you need to open them all one by one. They don't automatically open on their own.
You will need to do this in either dreamweaver or notepad++
Notepad (different than notepad++) does not support tabs so you will need to open the files individually.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The stuff shown in that top window is not even in index.php.
It is in Config.php. that's why "config.php" is highlighted in white in the picture.

The reason you are not seeing all those tabs is that you need to open them all one by one. They don't automatically open on their own.
You will need to do this in either dreamweaver or notepad++
Notepad (different than notepad++) does not support tabs so you will need to open the files individually.

i understand everything know but know i need to search where i can find this tabs. i can't find it with start>search
so i go search each map

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i understand everything know but know i need to search where i can find this tabs. i can't find it with start>search
so i go search each map
What??? maps?? what maps??
Sorry you totally lost me with that one.

Dreamweaver (and many other programs) has tabs that open whenever you load a new file.
click file/open and navigate to index.php. it will appear in a tab
click file/open and navigate to wherever the heck they put config.php in that CMS. (might be config/config.php or something) It will automatically appear in a NEW tab.
open 257 other files and they will all get their own tab.

The guy in the tutorial has obviously opened all these files before he started recording.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i found the file now but the site dont work. i did the other things and i get a error about server maintenance .
i gonna search a other guide i think.
this guide sucks. but im still trying to fix it.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The ill fated server maintenance message eh?

That thing is a pain.

You can do everything the same way as somebody else but one of you will get this while the other won't. often there doesn't even seem to be a valid reason.

I even had this myself for quite a while when i tried to set up an osirose server.
It's very hard to tell someone exactly how to fix this. I tried everything when I had this. then suddenly it started working and I never really figured out how i fixed it lol.

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay,
Use Hamachi
Or Forward Your Ports,

Can I ask, Does "no-ip"
works on the server?

If it works,
Lemme make a guide, how to set up dynamic or static.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nop topic can be closed.
i follow the big guide again :) it's a sticky
thanx for help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back