Guides (Server Setup, Adding Items and More)

yeah that woerked i had the rong slash haha. but now when im running the 7 files in order, they just sit there. im running Windows 7 btw.
 
Does anyone know how to fix this >:? I got my Private Server to finally work, but like after a day of playing I have this problem. >:> My problem is that whenever I press Accept on my character and the message says Connecting Please Wait. But the program just closes automatically D: Please reply ASAP. :[
 
@xxouranxx
Sounds like an item that u have add'd in ur server,
try to create another acc, and new char, if it login, thats the problem :D

@Midgit
Ther is an special guide for guys like you, that are trying to run servers in Win 7.
So, use search bro. =)
 
@flyff822
Im not sure but,
something like this:

1Mb - Connection
1gb RAM
160GB HD
Core 2 Duo Processor
8600GT Nvidia 512~1gb

So, if u got that, i guess u can host for 50~75 players :D
 
@flyff822
Im not sure but,
something like this:

1Mb - Connection
1gb RAM
160GB HD
Core 2 Duo Processor
8600GT Nvidia 512~1gb

So, if u got that, i guess u can host for 50~75 players :D


I'm pretty sure you want at least 2 GB of RAM for hosting. Unless you're gonna play from the pc you're hosting from, you don't need to worry about graphics card specs.
 
@ryu
Maybe u know how to solve one of my probs :D
see it,

1st.,
I need a patcher for my server, i looked in all the forum but, Fame patcher i cant find, and the method dosent work, and another one, that i found dosen't work, and i dunno why

2nd.,
I tried to use World Map Beast, but i got only erros, maybe you could help me with this too?

3rs.,
I'm really intrested in change the drops of the mobs, for example, add a box for all mobs lvl 10+, or another thing. Maybe you could know how?

Maybe u can add me into ur messeger, or send me a pm with some Links that can help me at all?
Or just say here? :D

thank you anyways :D
cya =)
And, im begging you! :D
 
Last edited:
sorry for being such a noob QQ

but im not finding a Win7 guide around here anywhere if someone culd point me in the right direction itd be appreciated
 
@flyff822
Im not sure but,
something like this:

1Mb - Connection
1gb RAM
160GB HD
Core 2 Duo Processor
8600GT Nvidia 512~1gb

So, if u got that, i guess u can host for 50~75 players :D

Hmm how fast of a core 2 duo???

I have a dedicated server but dont know if it can host a lot of people

P4 HT 3.2ghz
4gigs of ddr 800mhz
1gb connection speed

lol yes crappy specs
 
@PascolaBR
1) Using the modified fame patcher works, but you MUST be hosting your server over port 80 or it won't work. I found that out myself a few days ago when helping a friend with his server.
2) I've never used Beast tbh. Art isn't my thing lol. Make sure you have DirectX updated all the way.
3) That's stuff in the .res files I haven't messed with, so I dunno

@reefer
That should be able to host a fair number of people. The processor is a little old and that's not alot of ram, but I would think it could hold at least 200 without problems
 
Last edited:
@ryu
About the patch i solved my prob :D
thx,
now, i will try to find some more about Pet trops.
And, by the way, you know how to edit NPC shops?

thx.
 
Code:
2010/02/12	20:09:22
query:RANKING.RANKING_DBF.dbo.RANKING_STR 'R1','01'
SQLSTATE:42000 error:[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find server 'RANKING' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.servers.

Im getting this. and i see what it says but in the database addlinkedserver does not have an executable procedure. if someone wuld like to help me over msn mine is [email protected] i figure itd be easier than over this
 
ok, i start by opening account server ok thats good and i try to open database server and this error pops up:Can't connect db: CDbController.CreateQuery, can some one please help me???:huh::huh:
 
Hey Andrew,
I followed the whole Guide, but when i try to Log-In, there are no Servers or Channels to select.
That is the error.txt of the Files:
Code:
2010/ 2/20   03:02:22   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011104

2010/ 2/20   03:02:22   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011105

2010/ 2/20   03:02:24   OP: 102038069, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:02:26   OP: 2324, 0.0, 0.0, 2322.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:02:28   OP: 1425, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1423.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:04:12   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011104

2010/ 2/20   03:04:12   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011105

2010/ 2/20   03:04:14   OP: 102147971, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:04:17   OP: 2709, 0.0, 0.0, 2707.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:04:19   OP: 2446, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2444.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:15:56   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011104

2010/ 2/20   03:15:56   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011105

2010/ 2/20   03:16:11   CDbManager::UpdateGuildRanking¿¡¼­ (RANKING.RANKING_DBF.dbo.RANKING_STR 'R1','01') ½ÇÆÐ

2010/ 2/20   03:18:31   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011104

2010/ 2/20   03:18:31   string error: IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_011105

2010/ 2/20   03:18:33   OP: 103006758, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:18:35   OP: 2231, 0.0, 0.0, 2229.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0


2010/ 2/20   03:18:37   OP: 1415, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1406.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
Can you help me please?
Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Hey guys Im stuck here at Setting up the data base. I execute it then it says errors i execute again I have restarted then execute agin still says Query Completed with errors? some one pls help. is you have skype add me
: Dr00py2009
 
Hey thanks for the guide:D But there is one problem. It's same problem as the other guy that u told to change login.ini. I did that but still same wrong. Think its becouse u have none channel=, or something like in v11 files there they are like that i told.

Can u fix it? Whats wrong? Does i do something wrong/use something wrong?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

im usin a nuez from v14 not caali

plus i did dl the client from gala-net and updated it


*EDIT* i just used a nuez from my buddys pserver it worked

i duno what was wrong with the one i was usin

What is your freinds neuz download or download site?
I got same problem as you:(
Can u help me:D
 
Back