[Guild Wars] Packet encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Theora, I need to install GW today, couldn't last night. Router issues.
 
If you would read through these posts you'd find out.
Yes, but first only proph.
He has got a lot of work to do!

I read through the posts, and have been following it.
Regarding the post you quoted, I was rather tired and apologize.
 
Just read all the post and I'm very excited and eager to see what happens next. I'm reinstalling GW atm.:construct

I will have a look at those packets and see what i can do for you. I'll check up on google for tutorials on how to read such packets first ;P:scratch:


EDIT: GW installed

EDIT:: Not sure if there was a new update but when i run the packet dumper it basically freezes my GW, i have GW Factions and original i tried it on factions if this matters?
 
Last edited:
Just read all the post and I'm very excited and eager to see what happens next. I'm reinstalling GW atm.:construct

I will have a look at those packets and see what i can do for you. I'll check up on google for tutorials on how to read such packets first ;P:scratch:


EDIT: GW installed

EDIT:: Not sure if there was a new update but when i run the packet dumper it basically freezes my GW, i have GW Factions and origonal i tried it on factions if this matters?

If you get it working please tell me, I followed his instructions and had a look at how to read the packets but my Guild Wars crashes.
 
Just read all the post and I'm very excited and eager to see what happens next. I'm reinstalling GW atm.:construct

I will have a look at those packets and see what i can do for you. I'll check up on google for tutorials on how to read such packets first ;P:scratch:


EDIT: GW installed

EDIT:: Not sure if there was a new update but when i run the packet dumper it basically freezes my GW, i have GW Factions and origonal i tried it on factions if this matters?

There was a new update today. I have not gotten around to updating the program just yet(fixing an annoying bug(read: server crash) that occurs when deleting characters) Or did you try this before the update?

The only thing that matters is the build must be the same as what I specified for the packet dump program. To check this, open the GW in-game options window and look in the lower left hand corner. If the number there matches the packet dump version number then it should work. Campaigns should not matter, I've used it on both my accounts. One with just Prophecies, the other with all three. Also, the packet dump program should be left running. It will close when GW closes.

If you close the packet dump program manually...GW will go into an infinite loop(read: freeze)
 
There was a new update today. I have not gotten around to updating the program just yet(fixing an annoying bug(read: server crash) that occurs when deleting characters) Or did you try this before the update?

The only thing that matters is the build must be the same as what I specified for the packet dump program. To check this, open the GW in-game options window and look in the lower left hand corner. If the number there matches the packet dump version number then it should work. Campaigns should not matter, I've used it on both my accounts. One with just Prophecies, the other with all three. Also, the packet dump program should be left running. It will close when GW closes.

If you close the packet dump program manually...GW will go into an infinite loop(read: freeze)
Theora, I was just waiting for a GW Emulator, alot of ppl quit when itgoes to tough for them, it seems you know what you are doing:D
Im really looking forward for a release.
Do you have a site for the emulator right now?
 
Theora, I was just waiting for a GW Emulator, alot of ppl quit when itgoes to tough for them, it seems you know what you are doing:D
Im really looking forward for a release.
Do you have a site for the emulator right now?

Nope, it's not far enough to require one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packet Dump for Build #21, 215 also is compatible with the new GW build #21, 225.

Link to program download:

To check your GW build. Open Guild Wars and Click Options to bring up the options window. The build number is in the lower left hand corner.

Note: You must create a directory called "Dump" in the directory you extract the executable to. Do not close the program before GW.

Known Issues:

Do not have any other window open with the title "Guild Wars" or the program will write into that program.

If you have any problems PM me.
 
Theora, I was just waiting for a GW Emulator, alot of ppl quit when itgoes to tough for them, it seems you know what you are doing:D
Im really looking forward for a release.
Do you have a site for the emulator right now?

I Figured there was a new update, but i didnt look as my GW was starting up.


Nope, it's not far enough to require one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packet Dump for Build #21, 215 also is compatible with the new GW build #21, 225.

Link to program download:

To check your GW build. Open Guild Wars and Click Options to bring up the options window. The build number is in the lower left hand corner.

Note: You must create a directory called "Dump" in the directory you extract the executable to. Do not close the program before GW.

Known Issues:

Do not have any other window open with the title "Guild Wars" or the program will write into that program.

If you have any problems PM me.

I'll try it again.

EDIT: It Loops the sounds on GW, I didn't close the dumper during the time gw was up, i turned it on and GW started endless looping until i closed the dumper. My version of the client is 21, 255
 
Packet dump for GW build #21,225:

This build fixes a bug which caused GW to seemingly freeze on computers with a CPU speed of less than 3.2 ghz. Thanks silentg0d for helping figure out the problem. =)

If you are interested in helping you can help gather armor ID's.

------------Armor Set ID's-----------


I need help collecting the armor ID's for each set of armor in the game. The armor ID controls what armor the character currently wears. Whether it be Obsidian, Ascalon, Krytan, Elonian, Canthan, etc. Note: Armor ID's are the same for both male and female of the same profession.

Requires:
  • Active Guild Wars account. The amount of campaigns should not matter.
  • The current version of the packet dump program.
  • A hex editor. Hex Workshop for example.
  • Ability to follow instructions and maintain quality.
How-to:
  • Start Guild Wars and login. Acquire the armor set you want to capture. You must be wearing the full set. Not mixes and matches(except for the headpiece). Be sure to don the armor. Make note of the character name.
  • Log-out.
  • Load the packet dump program.
  • Log in.
  • When at the character selection screen close Guild Wars.
  • Open your hex editor.
  • In Windows Explorer open the Dump folder where the packet are saved.
  • There should be at least three. You want the first large one. Probably over 1000 bytes in size.
  • Open this file up in your hex editor.
First we need to find the packet header. This is the first four bytes of the packet(0700 is the start of the packet) and are normally the first two bytes of the file. Your file will probably not look like mine in most place. I zeroed out information I suspect could be used to identify my account and changed the character names.



Next we need to identify where all the packets start. Select the first four bytes(two columns) as I have done in the above image. Next go to Tools -> Color Mapping -> Add Mapping. Uncheck "Use Default Background Color" and select a background color. Medium blue or green works well.

[See image 1]

We need to identify the bytes that come just before the next packet. So find your characters name in in the file. It is stored in Unicode. So it will appear something like this, C.h.a.r.a.c.t.e.r. N.a.m.e.> Find the next packet header from the end of the character name.

[See image 1]

We need 0x19 of the bytes starting from the back. So select the byte just before the next packet header backward until your total selection is -0x19 bytes.



Copy these bytes(Make sure you copy the part with the numbers(hex view), not the one with all the dots and letters(ascii view). CTRL+C, Edit -> Copy, or Right-click the selection and select copy.

You have another choice, you can either figure out the id and format it properly or you can paste what you copied here. If you paste what you copied someone who knows what they are doing will take it, extract the id's, and format it and it will be inserted into the armors.ini file with credit going to both you and the extractor.

Note: Be sure to state what primary profession the character you copied these bytes is in addition to informing which armor set this is for.

------How to extract the ID's from the hex bytes--------


It's quite simple. There are five pieces of armor per character. Head, Chest, Arms, Legs, and Feet. Each of these ID's is two bytes in length. Followed with three bytes that make up the dye color the armor is dyed.

So to make things simple. Go to File -> New and paste the bytes you copied.

[insert image 5]

The first two bytes are the head armor ID.
Skip three bytes.
The next two bytes are for the chest.
Skip three bytes.
The next two bytes are for the arms.
Skip three bytes.
The next two bytes are for the legs.
Skip three bytes.
The next two bytes are for the feet.

Formatting the information properly:
  • State what primary profession the character the ID's are from is.
  • The armors.ini file follows the following format
  • {Armor set name here}
    Head=head id;
    Chest=chest id;
    Arms=arms id;
    Legs=legs id;
    Feet=feet id;
  • Ex.
  • {Ascalon}
    Head=5d00;
    Chest=5b00;
    Arms=5c00;
    Legs=5e00;
    Feet=5a00;
  • Say the head id is "8d00" DO NOT convert this to decimal. So the head ID in the ini file would be: 8d00;
Post the formatted information. If there are any corrections needed they will be made and at some point the armor set will be tested. If it does not work properly you and if necessary the poster of the bytes will be informed.

-------Completed Armor Sets-------------


I will keep this post updated with armor sets that have been completed and verified. You can find the armor sets needed in Prophecies here:

I will list them here as: Armor Set(What professions have been completed)

Armor sets that have been completed:
  • Ascalon(All Professions)
  • 15K Bonelace Necro
  • Scar Patterns Necro
  • 15k Druids
  • 15k Rogue
  • Ascended Canthan(Ranger)
  • Kurzick(Monk, Warrior)
  • 15k Sunspear(Warrior)
  • Ancient(Ranger,Elementalist)
  • Primeval(Warrior)
  • 1.5k Gladiators
 
Last edited:
Here is my fist contribution for an armor set. I hope I did this correctly :)

Once I get the hang of the formatting I will do that instead.



Code:
// [B]Prophecies[/B]

[F50097C700F30002000AF40002000AF60002000AF20002000A]
{[b]Monk Ascentic's w/Defender Scalp[/b]}
Head=F500;
Chest=F300;
Arms=F400;
Legs=F600;
Feet=F200;

[580138E0005402036B005502036B005602036B005302036B00]
{[B]Necro 15k Bonelace[/B]}
Head=5801;
Chest=5402;
Arms=5502;
Legs=5602;
Feet=5302;

[580138E000B202C5EA00B302C5EA00B402C5EA00B102C5EA00]
{[B]Necro 15k Scar Pattern w/Wicked Scar Pattern[/B]}
Head=5801;
Chest=B202;
Arms=B302;
Legs=B402;
Feet=B102;

[9000B05600F202B05600F302B05600F402B05600F102B05600]
{[B]Ranger 15k Druid w/Travelers Mask[/B]}
Head=9000;
Chest=F202;
Arms=F302;
Legs=F402;
Feets=F102;

[04000000005E020B00215F020B002160020B00215D020B0021]
{[B]Mesmer 15k Rogue Set w/Costume Mask[/B]}
Head=0400;
Chest=5E02;
Arms=5F02;
Legs=6002;
Feet=5D02;

[04B3BE0A4CF8000B0001F9000B0001FA000B0001F7000B0001]
{[b]Monk Armor AL30 from Ascalon City[/b]}
Head=04B3;
Chest=F800;
Arms=F900;
Legs=FA00;
Feet=F700;

[58010000145A010B00145B010B00145C010B001459010B0014]
{[b]Necromancer's Armor AL30 from Ascalon City w/Crude Scar[/b]}
Head=5801;
Chest=5A01;
Arms=5B01;
Legs=5C01;
Feet=5901;

[580100001448010B001449010B00144A010B001447010B0014]
{[b]Bonelace Armor AL30 from Ascalon City w/Crude Scar[/b]}
Head=5801;
Chest=4801;
Arms=4901;
Legs=4A01;
Feet=4701;

// [B]Factions[/B]

[5A0438E000FB01001800FC01001800FD01001800FA01001800]
{[B]Ranger Ascended Canthan w/Archers Mask[/B]}
Head=5A04;
Chest=FB01;
Arms=FC01;
Legs=FD01;
Feet=FA01;

[800438E0002203041800230338990024030418002103041800]
{[B]Monk Kurzick w/Servants Scalp Design[/B]}
Head=8004;
Chest=2203;
Arms=2303;
Legs=2403;
Feet=2103;

[62010FE80013010FE80061010FE80063010FE80012010FE800]
{[B]Warrior Knight's Kurzick[/B]}
Head=6201;
Chest=1301;
Arms=6101;
Legs=6301;
Feet=1201;

[04B94619C4230495AB00240495AB00250495AB00220495AB00]
{[B]Ritualist 15k Kurzick w/Summoner's Headwrap[/B]}
Head=04B9;
Chest=2304;
Arms=2404;
Legs=2504;
Feet=2204;

[04967A245C550330E700560330E700570330E700540330E700]
{[b]Mesmer Enchanter's Shing Jea Armor AL15 w/ Illusonary Mask[/b]}
Head=0467;
Chest=5033;
Arms=6033;
Legs=7033;
Feet=4033;

// [B]Nightfall[/B]

[04409518F44B050A00034C050A00034D050A00034A050A0003]
{[B]Warrior 15k Sunspear[/B]}
Head=0440;
Chest=4B05;
Arms=4C05;
Legs=4D05;
Feet=4A05;

[8C060A000E8E060A000E8F060A000E90060A000E8D060A000E]
{[B]Dervish Primeval[/B]}
Head=8C06;
Chest=8E06;
Arms=8F06;
Legs=9006;
Feet=8D06;

[75050B001777050B001778050B001779050B001776050B0017]
{[b]Ranger Sunspear[/b]}
Head=7505;
Chest=7705;
Arms=7805;
Legs=7905;
Feet=7605;

[7A050B00177C050B00177D050B00177E050B00177B050B0017]
{[b]Ranger Elite Sunspear[/b]}
Head=7A05;
Chest=7C05;
Arms=7D05;
Legs=7E05;
Feet=7B05;

[70050800177205080017730508001774050800177105080017]
{[b]Ranger Istani[/b]}
Head=7005;
Chest=7205;
Arms=7305;
Legs=7405;
Feet=7105;

// [b]Festival Headpieces[/b]

[5E070000004B050A00034C050A00034D050A00034A050A0003]
{[b]Warrior Furious Pumpkin Crown[/b]}
Head=5E07;

[1F0508190013010FE80061010FE80063010FE80012010FE800]
{[b]Warrior Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=1F05;

[170538E00013010FE80061010FE80063010FE80012010FE800]
{[b]Warrior Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=1705;

[5F0700000013010FE80061010FE80063010FE80012010FE800]
{[b]Warrior Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=5F07;

[6107000000FB01001800FC01001800FD01001800FA01001800]
{[b]Ranger Furious Pumpkin Crown[/b]}
Head=6107;

[2005000003FB01001800FC01001800FD01001800FA01001800]
{[b]Ranger Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=2005;

[1805000003FB01001800FC01001800FD01001800FA01001800]
{[b]Ranger Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=1805;

[6207000000FB01001800FC01001800FD01001800FA01001800]
{[b]Ranger Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=6207;

[6507000000B202C5EA00B302C5EA00B402C5EA00B102C5EA00]
{[b]Necro Furious Pumpkin Head[/b]}
Head=6507;

[2205000003B202C5EA00B302C5EA00B402C5EA00B102C5EA00]
{[b]Necro Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=2205;

[1A05000003B202C5EA00B302C5EA00B402C5EA00B102C5EA00]
{[b]Necro Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=1A05;

[6607000000B202C5EA00B302C5EA00B402C5EA00B102C5EA00]
{[b]Necro Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=6607;

[63070000002203041800230338990024030418002103041800]
{[b]Monk Furious Pumpkin Head[/b]}
Head=6307;

[21050000032203041800230338990024030418002103041800]
{[b]Monk Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=2105;

[19050000032203041800230338990024030418002103041800]
{[b]Monk Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=1905;

[64070000002203041800230338990024030418002103041800]
{[b]Monk Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=6407;

[6807000000550330E700560330E700570330E700540330E700]
{[b]Mesmer Furious Pumpkin Head[/b]}
Head=6807;

[2305000003550330E700560330E700570330E700540330E700]
{[b]Mesmer Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=2305;

[1B05000003550330E700560330E700570330E700540330E700]
{[b]Mesmer Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=1B05;

[6907000000550330E700560330E700570330E700540330E700]
{[b]Mesmer Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=6907;

[7207000000230495AB00240495AB00250495AB00220495AB00]
{[b]Ritualist Furious Pumpkin Head[/b]}
Head=7207;

[2605000003230495AB00240495AB00250495AB00220495AB00]
{[b]Ritualist Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=2605;

[1E05000003230495AB00240495AB00250495AB00220495AB00]
{[b]Ritualist Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=1E05;

[7307000000230495AB00240495AB00250495AB00220495AB00]
{[b]Ritualist Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=7307;

[6E070000008E060A000E8F060A000E90060A000E8D060A000E]
{[b]Dervish Furious Pumpkin Crown[/b]}
Head=6E07;

[9D070000038E060A000E8F060A000E90060A000E8D060A000E]
{[b]Dervish Dragon Mask[/b]}
Head=9D07;

[9E070000038E060A000E8F060A000E90060A000E8D060A000E]
{[b]Dervish Tengu Mask[/b]}
Head=9E07;

[6F070000008E060A000E8F060A000E90060A000E8D060A000E]
{[b]Dervish Witch's Hat[/b]}
Head=6F07;

NOTE: I defined what class I used for festival hats, because the head id# changed.

Also if someone could get the id's for the Ele, Paragon, and X-mas festival mask. That would be great, as I did not get those ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update my post with more armor id's, and if possible contact me on ICQ, MSN. with more information you need from the game. I also have a Ventrilo server if you would like to use that.

I play this game everyday, and am very excited to see the progress you have made. I will help out as much as I can to keep this project rolling.

I was just reading your post about Ascalon Armor completed. Does this include 15k Armors, or do you still need id's for them too?

If not I will keep going crazy picking out armor id's :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact info:
ICQ# 57580064
MSN [email protected]

If you wish to use ventrilo then I will send you info through a PM


Well that is all I gathered so far, but I will get more information later today. I need some sleep :)

Well I sorted out the id's for them (At least I hope so) correctly :)
If something needs to be checked let me know.


I have added a few more armor sets to my list.
Thanks,
PaiNx
 
Last edited:
I wanna help with the armor, but it's a little hard when I don't have any kind of idea where the dump is saved.

Could you please point that out?

You create a folder named "Dump" in the same directory as the program. This is where the packets are saved.

EDIT:

PaiNx said:
I was just reading your post about Ascalon Armor completed. Does this include 15k Armors, or do you still need id's for them too?

Ascalon armor is the pre-searing starter armor. 15K Bonelace worked. I don't have time to check the second. It's 3AM here, I need sleep. ><
 
Yeah it is 6:00am here, and I am just getting started :). I will keep cracking at them for you...

You have MSN or ICQ, if so I could communicate with you there?

Also do you want armors from the other 2 campaigns as well?
 
Nope, it's not far enough to require one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packet Dump for Build #21, 215 also is compatible with the new GW build #21, 225.

Link to program download:

To check your GW build. Open Guild Wars and Click Options to bring up the options window. The build number is in the lower left hand corner.

Note: You must create a directory called "Dump" in the directory you extract the executable to. Do not close the program before GW.

Known Issues:

Do not have any other window open with the title "Guild Wars" or the program will write into that program.

If you have any problems PM me.
Im sorry for bein stupid, but is this a release or something?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back