Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunBound Retro Server Files + Website

Reaction score
Hello,

Today, I am publicly releasing, as promised (albeit late), the entirety of the GunBound Retro Server Files + Website.

This is a fully working GBWC server.

I release these files as-is, with no support to be given
. There is more than enough information in this forum for you to gain the knowledge to get these files working. Please source your own tools (such as XFS editors, learning how to Hex edit, PartnerAgent, etc.).

What's included with the server files:
- Typical GunBoundXP Binaries, with fixed gifting
- Rank update script
- Complete website based on the original GunBoundWC website, legacy PHP code (only missing guild and avatar shop functs)
- Includes a rudimentary admin panel (not much was complete in this area)
- Client Install + Patch Files
- Database that works with the above binaries and website

This is literally everything. As it sits, this is a fully working and already set-up server.

What you need:
- Latest version of mySQL that still supports OLD_PASSWORD()
- PHP 5.x for the website, as it contains functions that's been depreciated in later versions

The website looks like this:

1686190189924 - GunBound Retro Server Files + Website - RaGEZONE Forums

The website has the following functionality:

- My GunBound (90%)
- About GunBound (100%)
- Admin CP (10%, mainly user search, ban log, and game log)
- Change Password (100%)
- Find Password (100%)
- Game ID Changing + logging (100%)
- Guild (75%)
- Help (40%)
- How To Play (100%)
- Login/Logout Function (100%)
- Freeboard (100%)
- Ranking (100%)
- Site Map (100%)

You will find a lot of incomplete or work-in-progress scripts for the website. I... actually originally started this website back in 2012, but got the vast majority of the work done during 2020-2022, after picking up my old archived code.

Download Links:

Windows XP version of the client:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi! sorry to bother, but is windows xp strictly necessary? or can it run on windows 7? thanks in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Friends, I'm having this error when trying to start the server. this is the first time i am trying to connect a Gunbound server. the IP is via hamachi...
the Database and website were linked successfully, I configured the ips correctly in the server files, but I think something is missing in the client
hi! sorry to bother, but is windows xp strictly necessary? or can it run on windows 7? thanks in advance!
I'm trying on win 10 and I don't think there's a problem. what you will need is php and mysql compatible with the database and site.
what I found and it was very functional is wampserver2.0
welcome bro. do you have an update on the Avatar Shop bro?
it seems that it must have been removed from the file so that whoever wanted to connect this server online would have some work to configure

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Hello Friends, I'm having this error when trying to start the server. this is the first time i am trying to connect a Gunbound server. the IP is via hamachi...
the Database and website were linked successfully, I configured the ips correctly in the server files, but I think something is missing in the client

I'm trying on win 10 and I don't think there's a problem. what you will need is php and mysql compatible with the database and site.
what I found and it was very functional is wampserver2.0

it seems that it must have been removed from the file so that whoever wanted to connect this server online would have some work to configure
Something is wrong with your fetch config. Make sure it’s actually working.

It works on Windows XP to 11, but the higher you go, the more the client freaks out. Windows 7 is the most stable for the client to work.

For the record when it comes to the server itself, the server I ran this on was Windows Server 2019. Ideally you’d want to use Windows Server 2022 now, but that didn’t exist when I started this project. The server files can run on any version of Windows Server 2003 or later no problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your fetch config. Make sure it’s actually working.
I noticed that Center and Servers are not installing or running.
my problem starts there....
your files are different from the other servers, do a mini tutorial just connecting the server and the client, the database and the site will need to be finished, there's nowhere to run, the community is already pretty dead and having a "new" project to work on it would be great and help our gunbound stay alive.
I thank the attention

Last edited:
Reaction score
your files are different from the other servers, do a mini tutorial just connecting the server and the client, the database and the site will need to be finished, there's nowhere to run, the community is already pretty dead and having a "new" project to work on it would be great and help our gunbound stay alive.
I thank the attention
ping me on discord, my handle is “zilch”

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I thank the attention
I'm facing the same problem here. Was yours solved? if so, how?
I appreciate any helpful insight.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even though you said in the original thread that

'There is more than enough information in this forum for you to gain the knowledge to get these files working"

I found nothing on this forum about bringing up this website.

Another thing that got me bugged is that the server's setting.txt all have fields like:
Rich (BB code):
BuddyDB_User=gunbound
BuddyDB_Pwd=Etupc40122
BuddyDB_DB=gunbound

The password field presumably is the database's instance password. But what are these user fields about? Are they referring to some user registered in a table or is it supposed to be the username of the instance?

Back