Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunZ 2 FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Original link:

Q. When was GunZ 2 project started?
A. GunZ 2 project was started on the second half of the year 2007. But the first 2 years were spent building fundamental technologies and testing, so release point was postponed later than what we originally planned.

Q. What is the biggest difference between GunZ 1 & GunZ 2?
A. The noticeable feature of GunZ 2 is the adaptation of Full Physics Game Engine. There are many games which use Physics Engine, but it is mostly used for visual effects or it is used under limited circumstance for multiplay. But, GunZ 2 synchronizes all Physics simulation on the network, and this exclusive technology realizes the users to experience and perform such creative gameplay in GunZ 2 which is completely different from GunZ 1. Unfortunately, the trailer doesn’t fully display this feature but as the development progresses and through the release of new information you will see and feel it greatly.

Q. Will there be any other class than the 3 classes presented for the official release?
A. No, because developing additional class is a huge job. Sometimes we heard about adding a healing class rumor, but this was never an issue even from the beginning. For the official service, total of 3 classes will be launched, and these include female assassin, male fighter, and female heavy characters which weren’t shown on the trailer.

Q. Does character customizing possible?
A. Of course. We just didn’t apply the equipment change part for GSTAR because of the limited time for the show. We already prepared enough costumes to present for the official version, and you will see it as more information about GunZ 2 reveals.

Q. Enforcement of PvE mode?
A. Yes. We consider PvE mode in GunZ 1 as just a foretaste. We were determined to make attractive and enjoyable PvE mode so user can also have fun just by playing PvE mode. However, PvE mode is not enough to experience everything about GunZ 2. Our ultimate goal is to provide more experimental features in PvE to bring a brand new gaming experience for players.

Q. Will there be the technique called kStyle at GunZ 2?
A. kStyle from GunZ 1 will not be included in GunZ 2. We acknowledge that kStyle would have enhanced the popularity of GunZ 1 but it is also true that it holds many derivative problems. And also we doubt for the necessity to keep kStyle since GunZ 2 will have totally new tactics and controls. Just considering what we have planned for GunZ 2 so far, we believe that there is enough content to exceed GunZ 1 and provide a lot of enjoyable features. So there is no need to be disappointed about kStyle.

Q. When will GunZ 2 be officially released?
A. We are currently working on the contents and elaborating more on Full Physics Game Engine. It is hard to tell definite timing for release but it is our goal to release early next year in Korea.

Q. Please tell about international language service plan.
A. So far, only the release of Taiwan, Macao, and Hong Kong during the third or fourth quarter of 2012 is confirmed. Since GunZ 2 is receiving lots of attentions from many game publishers of different territories, we hope to be able to release regarding additional officially servicing territory by early next year.

Q. Do you have any plan to lead the international service by development studio such as GunZ 1?
A. Not at all. Actually it is difficult to say that it won’t happen in the future, but for now we can’t prepare for such service plan or the operating team. We think that we have accumulated good experience while leading an international service for GunZ 1, but it is out of our capacity to operate an international service in our own at this moment.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
now prepair for 100 kids to cry and say "I'm not playing since they removed kstyle, this game is gonna be so stupid without kstyle, not gonna play gunz2"

and what i have to say to those kids is. stfu this isnt codmw2 and mw3. when a game is developed for years after the first game clearly it is not going to be the same. and why would you want to play the same game anyway.. are you retarded you'd get bored of it

and as for kstyle there will be a new kstyle new things for your dumbasses to learn, and it will be different. every game has korean style even dam fps games cause um... korean players are beastly. so just quit crying and wait for you to leech their moves and spend day n night trying to learn new mores so you can increase the size of your e-penor since it matters so much..

Reaction score
now prepair for 100 kids to cry and say "I'm not playing since they removed kstyle, this game is gonna be so stupid without kstyle, not gonna play gunz2"

and what i have to say to those kids is. stfu this isnt codmw2 and mw3. when a game is developed for years after the first game clearly it is not going to be the same. and why would you want to play the same game anyway.. are you retarded you'd get bored of it

and as for kstyle there will be a new kstyle new things for your dumbasses to learn, and it will be different. every game has korean style even dam fps games cause um... korean players are beastly. so just quit crying and wait for you to leech their moves and spend day n night trying to learn new mores so you can increase the size of your e-penor since it matters so much..
you are totally right, i fully agree with you.
why would anyone cry about such things like k-style.

Koreans are Ducking Beasts when it comes to Games. they will probably
have something Skill based that will require a lot of time and
patience to learn.

they always have a "back thought" on how a
game should be Created. i have personally waited for this game
long enough and im really positive about how this game is. im truly
looking forward to it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm eager to learn when GunZ 2 is due to hit Korea!

As for these networked physics events - I'm looking forward to questing more than ever..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
:D <--- doesn't really know what k-style is exactly. ^_^ but I can rs, insta, juggle, d-style, bf hang, e-lunge and SS XD :p

Reaction score
No K-style ? That's actually better cause if you want to do that you can simply continue playing Gunz 1. Plus the first gunz is technically too easy anyways since no-ones a competition. Gunz 2 seems unique and yet creative and different which is good to see..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back