• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Official Habbo Deletes Zoom Button and Image!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like it a bit more over the last zoom. Especially coming from a developer's standpoint.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you explain why? I'm actually wondering why people like this more than how it was (talking about zoom out)
Well, there is a few different reasons, sure. First, and most importantly probably to people is the fact we have more options to zooming in and out. We still have the "old" zoom in/out. But now, we can control exactly, how many details we want to see. Some of us, for example, may want to have a zoom in on level 2, because maybe some of us have issues making out all the details from the initial fixed view. Also, having more zoom levels like level 2, allow for the enlarged images of Habbo avatars to make sense when you have them on fansites. (Habbo "imagers" allow for you to specify 3 zoom levels for your Habbo outside the game, including the zoomed in image of your Habbo for level 2 in the client.)

Some of us also find use out of it for finding bugs in our customs and examining what could be faults in our SWFs for our retros, all outside of the sometimes-pesky tools we need for development otherwise.

Another thing - which I don't really see in Habbo probably because of issues in the past with getting good shots - is possibly filmmaking and image-editing. On multiple virtual world games like Habbo, there is usually people who like to use the elements the game gives them to make productions of videos or images.

There is probably more I could cover, but I'll just leave you with that for now.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Habbo always made stupid moves since they left the nice things to be ruined.

topkek amirite??
Reaction score
The new zoom actually looks really nice on a MacBook Pro with retina display.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah on a MacBook probably but from here it looks like crap!

Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
The chatimages (so the head of the user is realy bad)

Last edited:
Ragezone Furni Releaser
Reaction score
They updates the zoom button:
Quality is bether now:
maartenvn - Habbo Deletes Zoom Button and Image! - RaGEZONE Forums

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I still don't approve the zoom, command it's just ugly in my opinion.

Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
They updates the zoom button:
Quality is bether now:
maartenvn - Habbo Deletes Zoom Button and Image! - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm happy that they've fixed it. Looks much better unlike before, but still not completely perfect.
I actually like the idea of a zoom command as it can be useful for anyone who plays minigames like Falling furni and all that stuff ;P

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Maybe someone can coding an script which generates automatic zoom out images and the swf?
Regards, Imagician.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It would end up looking the same as what they did now.

And if you mean for Phoenix hotels, it is not that easy as you have to make all the layers seperately and such.

actually you don't HAVE to, I mean it's usually for builders to zoom out, it's not like anyone is playing while zooming out I guess?

Reaction score
They're adding too many features to the game, it's getting all so confusing.. They honestly need to settle down, and instead of adding more features, build upon the ones they currently have; this is such reason why I've left Habbo & Retros in general.. Everything's just getting too complex.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you explain why? I'm actually wondering why people like this more than how it was (talking about zoom out)
For example your playing a wired maze and you need to click/find certain furni. There might be just few pixels of it showing. That's where :zoom 5 comes in handy :rolleyes: I like the update as a habbo players point of view, but hate it as a r63a retro owner.

I would wait for the moon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For example your playing a wired maze and you need to click/find certain furni. There might be just few pixels of it showing. That's where :zoom 5 comes in handy :rolleyes: I like the update as a habbo players point of view, but hate it as a r63a retro owner.

I understand the zoom in part, that's a great function but like I said some people say they prefer this zoom out than how it was (so basically the all messed up pixels instead of quality) and I was curious why..

Back