• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Habbo - Made a banner

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made this for a hotel advertised on here. Not sure they want to use it, but it's one of my first banners. I got some help on DB (feedback, more likely) and fixed it.

Here's the newest one.

MRdS5 - Habbo - Made a banner - RaGEZONE Forums

- added a double 2px border
- changed text border to 1px

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually used Paint.NET. I downloaded a border-plugin which I used for the black part - but the white, I drew myself with the rectangle tool. Thanks, I think!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is some bloody good job for Paint.NET

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont get it? When I use to create banners they use to have people create custom designs and so fourth, now its a screenshot and some text? I guess the Habbo Retro worlds design has changed since 2009.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont get it? When I use to create banners they use to have people create custom designs and so fourth, now its a screenshot and some text? I guess the Habbo Retro worlds design has changed since 2009.

Yep, pretty much. Which is unfortunate.

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks like one I made. Good job.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I always using Paint.NET. Paint.NET is sleek and simple.

Nice to, except there's some white lines on the volter texts.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I always using Paint.NET. Paint.NET is sleek and simple.

Nice to, except there's some white lines on the volter texts.

Yeah I know, but that's really something I don't want to spend my time zooming in and fixing. Anyone have a good volter-font generator that doesn't do that? I use HabboGallery's generator.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Keep it simple.

I don't know. Tommorrow I'm going to try and design one. I'll combine screen shots with a 1PX Border with a slick with border along it. And perhaps 3 sections. We'll see I guess, compared to my old work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I actually used Paint.NET. I downloaded a border-plugin which I used for the black part - but the white, I drew myself with the rectangle tool. Thanks, I think!
If you select the space inside the border with the magic wand tool, you can use that plugin to make a border within the selection.
This is assuming you put the border on a layer by itself.
You should do that, considering the white inner border you made kinda overlapped the black one on the left side.

Reaction score
I'm always wondering if the people who make those banners actually create the whole background themselves.... if not, then you didn't do that much...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you select the space inside the border with the magic wand tool, you can use that plugin to make a border within the selection.
This is assuming you put the border on a layer by itself.
You should do that, considering the white inner border you made kinda overlapped the black one on the left side.

So if I make a border around the image on the same layer, then use the wand tool and make a border on that? Or do I have to use the wand tool and create a new layer? Here's what I'm seeing so far.

- layer 1: black border
- layer 2: image and white border

I'm always wondering if the people who make those banners actually create the whole background themselves.... if not, then you didn't do that much...

Unfortunately, that's the way it works. Most of the times.

Google background, add text = done

I like it and i don't really care how it's done, so good job o_O

Paint FTW <3

True, and thank you.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So if I make a border around the image on the same layer, then use the wand tool and make a border on that? Or do I have to use the wand tool and create a new layer? Here's what I'm seeing so far.

- layer 1: black border
- layer 2: image and white border
Do this.
How to create a double border.
Layer 1
- Create a black border using the plugin.
- Use the magic wand tool to create a selection of the space inside the black border.
- Create a white border using the plugin.
Layer 2
- This is where your image goes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do this.
How to create a double border.
Layer 1
- Create a black border using the plugin.
- Use the magic wand tool to create a selection of the space inside the black border.
- Create a white border using the plugin.
Layer 2
- This is where your image goes.

Okay, I'll try it next time I make something.

Looks nice, quite like it =)

Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Jopset - Habbo - Made a banner - RaGEZONE Forums

A Basic modern day banner. When I did it we use to have to photoshop the poop out of it. With custom fonts, nice colours and so much more. I miaa it when things weren't Simple.

Back