Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HabboCMS [HOMES/GROUPS/TAGS/FORUM]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean that. But the key and value does ;)
It's better to use ini_set so the end user doesn't have to modify their PHP installation to have this CMS working as it's designed to.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I laugh whenever someone in the Habbo section tries to use OOP and claims it's cleaner code. As long as you're in Habbo, just use Procedural.

I've seen BoostCMS. That code is messy and confusing as duck. I have no idea where anything is. It's got great performance and great methods, but for noobs, you can't possibly expect them to learn from a mess of code that's very specific to the system. And that only tuned-in, familiar readers can understand.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I laugh whenever someone in the Habbo section tries to use OOP and claims it's cleaner code. As long as you're in Habbo, just use Procedural.

I've seen BoostCMS. That code is messy and confusing as duck. I have no idea where anything is. It's got great performance and great methods, but for noobs, you can't possibly expect them to learn from a mess of code that's very specific to the system. And that only tuned-in, familiar readers can understand.

Why would you limit yourself to using a procedural paradigm?

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why would you limit yourself to using a procedural paradigm?

Limit myself? OOP has just as many limitations as Procedural.

You forget, they're the same language, but they're different approaches to it.

It's like this. You and your friend are both at point A, backs to each other. Point B is located exactly opposite of point A, on the other side of the Earth, somewhere in China, let's say. Your friend travels one way, you travel another. On your walk, you'll probably go through Africa, then the middle east, then India, then you'll be at point B. Your friend will go across the Atlantic, the USA, then the Pacific, then be at point B with your friend.

Both of them have their pros and cons. Your friend will have to deal with the water, the American coast guard, then more water (and probably more US coast guard considering we're Japan's defense), then getting into China. On your way, you'll have to deal with travelling across the desert, dodging bullets and bombs in the Middle East, then the Himalayas in India. If neither of you have died, you'll still get to point B, in the same distance, with equally intimidating and challenging problems

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Limit myself? OOP has just as many limitations as Procedural.

You forget, they're the same language, but they're different approaches to it.

It's like this. You and your friend are both at point A, backs to each other. Point B is located exactly opposite of point A, on the other side of the Earth, somewhere in China, let's say. Your friend travels one way, you travel another. On your walk, you'll probably go through Africa, then the middle east, then India, then you'll be at point B. Your friend will go across the Atlantic, the USA, then the Pacific, then be at point B with your friend.

Both of them have their pros and cons. Your friend will have to deal with the water, the American coast guard, then more water (and probably more US coast guard considering we're Japan's defense), then getting into China. On your way, you'll have to deal with travelling across the desert, dodging bullets and bombs in the Middle East, then the Himalayas in India. If neither of you have died, you'll still get to point B, in the same distance, with equally intimidating and challenging problems

Do you know what the word paradigm means?
lol

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You know very little of OOP then. Just FYI, OOP is way more flexible and far exceeds the pros (if any) of Procedural.

>exceeds pros

LMAO! That's like saying the pros of using your right leg exceed those of using your left. It's the same thing. Just a different approach.

OOP is not more flexible, lol. It's just a way of making things more complicated for yourself, which somehow, you crazies seem to adore.

It's the exact same Ducking thing:

Procedural:

PHP:
$link = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'my_db');

OOP:

PHP:
$mysqli = new mysqli('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'my_db');

This is what I use for my custom MySQLi class:

PHP:
$mysqli = new briteMySQLi($mysql_host, $mysql_user, $mysql_password, $mysql_database);
$mysqli->connect();

Isn't that so much nicer than all of that ramen code?

Or have I been using OOP this entire time and bashing it..

Reaction score
>exceeds pros

LMAO! That's like saying the pros of using your right leg exceed those of using your left. It's the same thing. Just a different approach.

OOP is not more flexible, lol. It's just a way of making things more complicated for yourself, which somehow, you crazies seem to adore.

It's the exact same Ducking thing:

Procedural:

PHP:
$link = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'my_db');

OOP:

PHP:
$mysqli = new mysqli('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'my_db');

This is what I use for my custom MySQLi class:

PHP:
$mysqli = new briteMySQLi($mysql_host, $mysql_user, $mysql_password, $mysql_database);
$mysqli->connect();

Isn't that so much nicer than all of that ramen code?

Or have I been using OOP this entire time and bashing it..

OOP is used when you want to re-use code over and over. Would you rather type class function code constantly or just access the function in an OOP manner..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not as pro as you guys are when it comes to programming but some people did say that OOP is making PHP Shorter than normal PHP is that true or false because I'm at the moment learning for PHP but I'm not sure if i should move on learning PHP or just learn PHP OOP / PDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back