Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Haven't visited in 6 years. Former admin, super mod, and banned many times... AMA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's been 20 years, surely you can disclose them. :p

Iirc someone let you on their account or something, but I think there was more.

It is funny when you think about who they were, 1 of the first MMO's, who had like their own thing on TV, ended up being so inferior to RZ and other sites like Lomcn.

why you hate mu online?

Reaction score
I killed what I loved.
They definitely killed it themselves. I remember how upset the community was, with how slow things were progressing. The Chinese would be ahead multiple updates, and the English version was nowhere near. They were just highly incompetent, and while people loved the game, people hated the company.

And think about it this way, RZ couldn't even begin to destroy their servers, ours had a certain charm and fun for sure, not to mention the updates and other content. But at the end of the day, they were run poorly, a lot of downtime, quite a lot of abuse, and the people running the community, you and I included, were definitely not very professional.
In the end if your company gets destroyed by a bunch of teens, your company sucks butt.
why you hate mu online?
I don't. MU did change the community in a massive way.

I and many others had been here for 2 years, RZ was very much a Mir only site. I don't know if MU was the first server files offered, outside of Mir, but it was definitely the first one that got RZ a ton of extra traffic.
Now as you know, a MMORPG creates a community, and the Mir 2 community was very tight, everyone knew everyone, I had literally dozens of people on MSN that played on RZ. And even though the community could be very explosive, including myself, we were this dysfunctional family, a group of people who were in similar places in their lives, and for many of us, we were all we had.

So when the MU server files came, and the community grew insanely fast, we all the sudden had this new massive group, that we didn't know, but also weren't playing the same game as we were. There was no relationship, yet they came in 'our' house all the sudden and stuck their nose into things that many of us felt weren't their business.
Obviously over time we got to know these people, some started playing Mir, some Mir players played MU, but we also both played games like Lineage 2.

It also helped when Habbo became massive here, because the MU players were quite similar to us, similar game, ages etc. But Habbo... man that got the early teens over here. They were annoying as hell for sure. I have no idea how good Habbo was for RZ, but for the community, especially back then, it was an absolute disaster.

Reaction score
why you hate mu online?

They definitely killed it themselves. I remember how upset the community was, with how slow things were progressing. The Chinese would be ahead multiple updates, and the English version was nowhere near. They were just highly incompetent, and while people loved the game, people hated the company.

And think about it this way, RZ couldn't even begin to destroy their servers, ours had a certain charm and fun for sure, not to mention the updates and other content. But at the end of the day, they were run poorly, a lot of downtime, quite a lot of abuse, and the people running the community, you and I included, were definitely not very professional.
In the end if your company gets destroyed by a bunch of teens, your company sucks butt.

I and many others had been here for 2 years, RZ was very much a Mir only site. I don't know if MU was the first server files offered, outside of Mir, but it was definitely the first one that got RZ a ton of extra traffic.
Now as you know, a MMORPG creates a community, and the Mir 2 community was very tight, everyone knew everyone, I had literally dozens of people on MSN that played on RZ. And even though the community could be very explosive, including myself, we were this dysfunctional family, a group of people who were in similar places in their lives, and for many of us, we were all we had.

So when the MU server files came, and the community grew insanely fast, we all the sudden had this new massive group, that we didn't know, but also weren't playing the same game as we were. There was no relationship, yet they came in 'our' house all the sudden and stuck their nose into things that many of us felt weren't their business.
Obviously over time we got to know these people, some started playing Mir, some Mir players played MU, but we also both played games like Lineage 2.

It also helped when Habbo became massive here, because the MU players were quite similar to us, similar game, ages etc. But Habbo... man that got the early teens over here. They were annoying as hell for sure. I have no idea how good Habbo was for RZ, but for the community, especially back then, it was an absolute disaster.
Mu was first in terms of public release to English community. Then the rest followed. I translated and released some other games then such as Bomb Online, or something similar. The community did the rest.

Reaction score

MU & Lineage 2 were the poop. Habbo was the plague. Pool is still closed

Reaction score
MU & Lineage 2 were the poop. Habbo was the plague. Pool is still closed
Sure thing MUtard!!!

Funny thing, I never played MU. Nor was I ever a filthy predator on Habbo.

I did play L2 and I was definitely a filthy predator on thats. Sadly everyone I played with was a filthy predator, so it evened out.

Reaction score
Sure thing MUtard!!!

Funny thing, I never played MU. Nor was I ever a filthy predator on Habbo.

I did play L2 and I was definitely a filthy predator on thats. Sadly everyone I played with was a filthy predator, so it evened out.
Most fun i had playing Lineage 2 was with Robert

Reaction score

Habbo really destroyed this place. Sure most of us mu tards were utter trash, but learning about Mir was a huge upgrade and a lot of fun. Then those Habbo kids... f u c k them and their ways.

Reaction score
Habbo really destroyed this place. Sure most of us mu tards were utter trash, but learning about Mir was a huge upgrade and a lot of fun. Then those Habbo kids... f u c k them and their ways.
Yeah between their age, and the 'game' itself, there was just a massive disconnect between the existing community and them.

The move from a Legend of Mir private server, to an MMO server file place, switched so much up. We tried to connect different groups to certain games, I still like L2 was one of the best examples of that. But between people having different ideas on what to play, and us getting older and having less time, it just became super hard to get that original community feeling back.

That's also the main issue with MMO's, and why I haven't really played one in forever. The only MMO I put time in, in the last 10 or so years, is Star Trek Online, and honestly it's because most of the content is actually fun content to play solo, and it doesn't have that terrible grind experience that most MMO's do. Max level is like what, 30 hours.

Part of me would love to get a fun group together and play, but it's so hard to organize, and being a person that has a child, another on the way, that works very different hours every week, there is just no way for me to do that. I know that goes for so many of us.

Reaction score
Yeah between their age, and the 'game' itself, there was just a massive disconnect between the existing community and them.

The move from a Legend of Mir private server, to an MMO server file place, switched so much up. We tried to connect different groups to certain games, I still like L2 was one of the best examples of that. But between people having different ideas on what to play, and us getting older and having less time, it just became super hard to get that original community feeling back.

That's also the main issue with MMO's, and why I haven't really played one in forever. The only MMO I put time in, in the last 10 or so years, is Star Trek Online, and honestly it's because most of the content is actually fun content to play solo, and it doesn't have that terrible grind experience that most MMO's do. Max level is like what, 30 hours.

Part of me would love to get a fun group together and play, but it's so hard to organize, and being a person that has a child, another on the way, that works very different hours every week, there is just no way for me to do that. I know that goes for so many of us.
I maxed out New World recently, that is pretty decent MMO. Hard to live up to your first mmo experience though. Only real online game I play periodically is Paladins.

Reaction score

I totally can relate to all of that. Adulting just put a full halt on most online gaming for me. Not to mention the move to F2P model just made things a 10x longer grind fest. Who has time for all of that? In the past 10 years I've only played 2 MMOs, WoT and WT. WoT was a blast and I got really good at it. Ended up doing the whole esports thing and running a top 5 clan. Next thing I knew I was spending 30+ hours/week just managing things just to end up playing a few matches a week. It was like having a full time job just to remain competitive and ended up getting burned out. I just said f- it and up and uninstalled the game one day and haven't logged in since. I was still running a gaming community after that but then grad school just sucked up all of my time to game. Now the only game I really play is WT, which I just play solo and have the ability to throw a few bucks at it to avoid the stupid grind fest. I honestly can't remember the last time I played an online game w/ friends as it's been that long.

Back