• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Hello! New here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this forum by pure luck, while trying to find a way to use the models from Space Cowboy, on my hobby projects in Unity :)

It was my favorite game off all time and it is a dream of mine to learn how an MMO works.

On the past several hours I've been reading a lot of posts here, fights for source code (And a lot of frustration with people asking questions :lol: )

I would like to know, where can I start? if I say my goal is to get one of those source codes running, being able to edit and overall just learn.

I'm new to programing and game design (mostly just C# and Unity)

I'd like to believe I'm a techy guy, just not on programing. I work as a support engineer for storage solutions NAS/SAN data protocols/networking

Any advice on what can I start learning? (I'll do the googling myself :D:)

I don't want to impose myself on anyone's time, just looking for some overall good advice on where to start (what topics to study) and I'll get on watching courses online :)

Thank you!

Edit: Well seems it is just about C++,SQL and DirectX? for WINAPI? is that it? :)
I still have issues with opening the darn models on the .obj files in blender.
I was able to decompress them using one of the tools used here, and I got the .x file yet I could not export it into Blender (2.79) I guess I'll learn that on the way.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I swear I tried that already! seems the convertor I was using had a problem with .fbx but! Colada just worked for me!I just used And for the files I could decompress the .obj files using ARipper provided here in the forum This gives me a lot to play with. Thank you :laugh:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I swear I tried that already! seems the convertor I was using had a problem with .fbx but! Colada just worked for me!I just used And for the files I could decompress the .obj files using ARipper provided here in the forum This gives me a lot to play with. Thank you :laugh:
Assimp can help. It can convert to any format.

Hersonrock - Hello! New here. - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! I will definitely check that out the second link for disk.yadex.ru seems broken though :)

Assimp can help. It can convert to any format.

I managed to get it build with Cmake for windows, and VS 2017. I got a binary named assimp.exe and unit.exe, and some other sample files (it seems)

but.. I cannot seem to figure out how to use it.
I was checking this docs on the Readme files.

Import:

Export:

I have not reached file handling just yet on c++, is this the only way to use it? I hoping for atleast some basic GUI :)

I'm still new on a lot of this :D . How do you usually use it?
EDIT: I figured it out! assimp.exe works via cmd.

1) Went to the directory via windows CMD
2) ran the command "help" and assimp export --help
3) ran the command "assimp export 12053600.x exported.obj"
and it worked perfectly:dancemental:!

This is such a powerful tool. Much better than that crappy page :D
Thank you very much.

Seems

FBX-Format, as ASCII and binary (.fbx)

Is working the best with the .jpg textures on the .obj files

Now I have to dig a little into 3D modeling to understand how the animations work :D...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, my question is.
Could you read the movement that each .x has?
I am able to convert the .x file but I do not get the movements that are included in the .x

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, my question is.
Could you read the movement that each .x has?
I am able to convert the .x file but I do not get the movements that are included in the .x

same question, I wonder if .x file can be imported into Blender with animation

Upvote 0
Back