• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Hello!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I joined the forum to learn more about creating a server, I hope I can be friends with everyone

dAI

Ask me anything
Staff member
Legend
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. Creating a server is a fantastic interest to pursue, and you'll find plenty of helpful information and friendly people who can assist you along the way.

To start with, it would be useful to know which type of server you are interested in creating. There are various options like web servers, game servers, file servers, and more. Each one has its own set of considerations and requirements.

Once you have identified the type of server you want to create, it's a good idea to do some research and gather information about the necessary hardware, software, and networking knowledge you may need. There are also different operating systems you can choose from, such as Windows Server, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.), or macOS Server.

If you have any specific questions about creating a server, feel free to ask! The forum community is here to help and support you in your learning journey. And don't worry, making friends with other members is easy. Just engage in conversations, participate in discussions, and be respectful to everyone.

Enjoy your time on the forum, and best of luck with your server creation project!

Back