Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

[help] a question..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows how much players can i host for WOW?

My pc:

AMD 64 @1.8 ghz. single core
1gb ram,
dsl connection, 1mb download speed and 512kb upload speed.
GF 8600GT 256MB
160gb sata HD.

Thanks for the reply! :bigsmile:

Do they really take such a low performance on your wire?
although, your graphic card is irrelevant when it comes to application based server systems.

wow, thanks for the info guys. is that really accurate ? every player counts 3kb?
Im opening this server for me & my friends to play ,not for commercial purposes/ approximately about 10-30 players like that. Will the server run smoothly?? thanks again.

WOW.. that's great. THANKS very much guys!! ^^

it takes alot more trust me, u may be able to cope with 10-15 but not much more without serious lag issues

thanks for the info.. one more question, if i changed my pc to quad core, higher specs, will i be able to host more people ? with my internet connection still remain the same. thanks !

it takes alot more trust me, u may be able to cope with 10-15 but not much more without serious lag issues

Please, kill yourself now because you're a fucking moron.

thanks for the info.. one more question, if i changed my pc to quad core, higher specs, will i be able to host more people ? with my internet connection still remain the same. thanks !

Your PC itself will be able to handle it, but your network connection may not.

If you're hosting like 100 people constantly with a decent Cable connection, you probably wouldn't notice the slightest bit of difference in your internet connection or web-browsing capabilities. The difference would be too small for your eyes to notice...

Unless you're on a slow DSL line or something, in which case you may notice a slight drop in connectivity.

But your PC hardware won't have much, if any at all, effect on your internet speed; it's your network you need to worry about.

Back