Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Blue Screen Crashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Okay, my desktop has been blue screen crashing for a few days now, and this has never happened to me before, so I dont know what's going on. =(

This is the message..

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damge being done to your computer.

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows Updates you might need.

If this problem continues, disable or remove all newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to disable or remove components, restart your computer, and press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Beginning dump of Physical Memory
Physical Memory dump complete."

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

~Bejike

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR code indicates that the paging-file access process failed to find a page of kernel data. This problem has several possible causes. To determine the cause, look at the line that's under the main error message, which provides diagnostic information. The second parameter in this line is the I/O status code, which gives detailed information

Thats the reason it shows up. In your case due to faulty installation of some hardware which is acting as a byte-loader and eventually eating up your memory leading to the crashing of your computer...!

Reaction score
What did you do to cause it? Installed new hardware? Installed new drivers? Installed new programs?

One of them is causing it. Now think back and remember what you did and then undo it.

NoPeace - out

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I installed an Alienware windows skin program, that's about it. And I downloaded a MU game Client, but everything was clean. I don't know what could have caused this. I added 256MB of RAM like four months ago, and thats the newest hardware I've installed, could that be it, but happening after all this time?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's the alienware windows skin most likley i remember when i first got my first pc i put in some window theme proggies like windowsblind and i got bsod lots....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah but I don't have it anymore, I did a System Restore to an earlier date and it isn't installed anymore, but I still crash.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
System restore dont fix all problems. Im also betting that the alienware skin caused this. Try running your OS setup CD and do a restore from that if that dont work then reformat.

Reaction score
It was the skin and system restore don't fixes corrupted registries. Try getting a registry scanner/fixer and run it. It might fix the problem.

NoPeace - out

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks NoPeace, do you have any you know of that are good? Because I've tryed a few, done the scans and what not, then when the scan finishes it tells me in order to repair some registries, I need to buy the product. So know anything 100% free that's trustable?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR code indicates that the paging-file access process failed to find a page of kernel data. This problem has several possible causes. To determine the cause, look at the line that's under the main error message, which provides diagnostic information. The second parameter in this line is the I/O status code, which gives detailed information
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
The hard drive is probably starting to develop bad sectors in the area of the pagefile...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I had this as well, had to format it got so frequent (every 5 minutes). Pain in the foking butt.

Reaction score
Thanks NoPeace, do you have any you know of that are good? Because I've tryed a few, done the scans and what not, then when the scan finishes it tells me in order to repair some registries, I need to buy the product. So know anything 100% free that's trustable?

Free? Nope.

But in the full Norton package there is an excellent one. Also in it there is Norton Ghost for fast system restores, and a great firewall.

NoPeace - out

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try tuneup utillities 2007, it has a fully functional 30 day trial. And I'm sure that if you know where to look, you could find a serial laying around somewhere. *whistles*

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well, I think I know what the problem was. It's my RAM, and I think it died. Windows wont even Boot anymore, so I'm going to talk to my friend whos real expert with Hardware, have him take a look and see if it indeed is the RAM. Thanks for your help everybody.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use this:

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Use this:
memtest is good but i found the limitation (768) per instance annoying
this one is also good
Memmonster By magellas

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Lol, I cant boot up period, thus I wont be able to test my memory. :p But thanks for all of your help.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you can't boot up, then your motherboard has died.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
If you can't boot up, then your motherboard has died.
not really either a dead harddrive all dead ram but the last thing i would say is a fried board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back