• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help]Change rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi community . I am working in 0.84 files right now and I need a little bit of your help to be able to edit the rates. I read this :

Code:
Modifying Rates without IWeb or ASM!
If you use the sEledit I released earlier on through the thread you will be able to modify and save elements.data file successfully so please use this when following the guide.

To edit... Soul Coin Rate, Drop Rate and Experience Rate you only need to follow the below guide, there are only 2 Lists to modify so not much work to do. As far as making the work faster this is upto you, grab sEledit Source and write something to read the list and modify the fields 1 by 1 x by the amount you require.

Drop:
- Go to List 19 (Monsters)
- Go to Field Number: 183
- This Field is the Drop Loop basically this is the count it uses to loop the Drop Tables selected over and over.
- x this by any amount you require.

Soul Coins:
- Go to Field Numbers: 197, 198, 199, 200
- These fields are the Soul Coins rate.

Experience:
You need to edit 2 tables 1 for the amount and 1 for the Level Experience Limit.

- Go to Field Number: 75
- This is the experience the monster will give.

Now for the Level Exp Limit for example at level 1 the max exp you can gain from a mob kill is 3 experience.

- Go to List 51 (Upgrade Curve)
- Go to Field Number: 2602
- This is the beginning for Level 1 all the way down is the rest of the levels so from 2602-2682 is lvl 1-80.
- x each field downwards by the amount you require.

Hope this helps everyone

Ok , but when I try to save I get :

PeoAtaM - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

Does not matter what I try to change = Same result . Any help?

Thanks!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Come on guys!

the error you get means the elements.data version is different from what the editor can edit.

You can allso hex edit your GS file to edit the rates that way.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f754/hex-edit-gs-increase-server-827852/

But you have to find the spot yourself as they differ from pw. use editor like 010. search something along the exp.item.money.task as ASCIIor well ANSI. and you should see a long row of 0000803F. which are the rate floats. then change them as that guide points. remember to change rates from iweb to default

Alltough im not 100% sure if this will work for FW, but it should.

ScreenHunter_04 Feb. 21 02.14 - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

and as i had look inside gs i did find the spot. here u see the address.

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the error you get means the elements.data version is different from what the editor can edit.

You can allso hex edit your GS file to edit the rates that way.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f754/hex-edit-gs-increase-server-827852/

But you have to find the spot yourself as they differ from pw. use editor like 010. search something along the exp.item.money.task as ASCIIor well ANSI. and you should see a long row of 0000803F. which are the rate floats. then change them as that guide points. remember to change rates from iweb to default

Alltough im not 100% sure if this will work for FW, but it should.

View attachment 124168

and as i had look inside gs i did find the spot. here u see the address.
First of all thanks for replying . Second , I have tried your advice but no luck . I found that & changed but in game I cant see any diference

Yeikel - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

Or I am doing it wrong?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
First of all thanks for replying . Second , I have tried your advice but no luck . I found that & changed but in game I cant see any diference

Yeikel - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

Or I am doing it wrong?

u did write the hex backwards? and its important to set the rates from iweb to 1

Like for 100x rates, 0x42c80000 --> 0000C842

What value are u trying to change your rates to? 0xDC420000 (000042DC) is actually a negative number. 00 00 DC 42 would be 110x

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
u did write the hex backwards? and its important to set the rates from iweb to 1

Like for 100x rates, 0x42c80000 --> 0000C842

What value are u trying to change your rates to? 0xDC420000 (000042DC) is actually a negative number. 00 00 DC 42 would be 110x
Thanks again , I did not noticed about that and I did not put them backwards , anyway I cant see any changes in the server.

xhBwlkI - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

BohBkB0 - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

NJxN9qN - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

aP3pHtk - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

What do you think?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks again , I did not noticed about that and I did not put them backwards , anyway I cant see any changes in the server.

xhBwlkI - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

BohBkB0 - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

NJxN9qN - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

aP3pHtk - [Help]Change rates - RaGEZONE Forums

What do you think?

There is a possibility this does not work for Forsaken World (works for perfect world and JD). i havent had time to put up a server yet to test this and its been awhile since i had my last fw server. But as soon as i get it up i will test. one thing that came to my mind is the elements.data about the experience limit, That might effect it, as "Now for the Level Exp Limit for example at level 1 the max exp you can gain from a mob kill is 3 experience." so maybe changign the upgrade curve would affect it too.

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back