[Help] Come Catch Me Up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I'm new here to the Rose Online section of RaGEZONE.

Before I came here, I worked on a Maple Story private server, but those who were associated with them understand that most got shut down. Our sort of collapsed after we tried to push too many updates.

I had a request from a friend to make our own Rose Online server.

I just have a few questions to ask.

Keep in mind that although I am new to Rose Online development, I'm not new to private servers, so please keep the flame away from this thread.

Here goes nothing:

1) What version of Rose is currently undergoing the most development in this section? Which is most commonly used?
2) What is the name of the main source used? Is it Java-based?
3) I figure that a repack is always the best option when starting off, so I was wondering which one is the furthest along, so far?
4) If I want to start from scratch, where might I find the clean source? (I'm sure I can find it after someone answers #2)

Very simple questions, I know, but I was just looking through some of the stickies and I see that many of them are quite old and I don't want to start off with outdated crap.

Thanks to all those who help out because I'm sure most people take one look at this and back off. Most people don't like reading posts more than one line long.
 
Last edited:
1. I think osRose, and Arcturus are hand in hand. People use osRose for making evolution servers, while they use Arcturus to make iRose servers. OsiRose is too buggy... I just don't see how people use that crap..

2. Arcturus has no source, but everything in game works 98% I would say.. It's the files with the least bugs in it. OsRose on the other hand does have a source. I can't say I know what is the main source used, as I never used osRose before.. I hate evolution.

3. Again, Arcturus and OsRose. OsRose probably has some files that already have Eldeon Prison, or even planet ORO. But, I'm sure you can find Arcturus files with those already in them.

4. If you want to make your own source, then I wouldn't suggest using Arcturus. Go with OsRose. The main site can be located here:


There are also many guides that can help you with editing server files and such.
 
@TS
if you want to start a server you must start a testing with OSrose...before engaging with arcturus...

and say..if you want to host a OSrose...you must have the exactly version of rev. 80 for server and 139 client of evo for client files... and you will have a 99% of working i guest...

but most of the private server like arua there using the arcturus..thats what i tought..

goodluck,
KhEmicaLsZ
 
We do not recommend that anybody uses rev 80. It is outdated, buggy as hell and doesn't even use AIP, QSD or any of the other good stuff.

Osrose projects all come as C++ source code via SVN with regular updates.

the projects are:
1) OsRose (evo). The "dev rev" as we call it is the successor to rev 80 and now works with the latest version of NA Rose right out of the box, so to speak. All you need to do is patch your NA Rose to the latest version then extract all the STB, STL, QSD, AIP and LTB files out of the client then put them into the server. The server will read all the data it needs directly from these files when it boots up so there are hardly any of the old CSV and SQL files that we used to have to convert to.
lmame is the dev on this project

2) OsProse (pre-evolution) This server uses the pre-evo system that was widely in use while NA Rose was in its first year of operation, before switching to evo. It has a lot of the benefits of evo but also has much in common with irose.
This server also loads its data directly from STB, QSD and AIP (we don't read LTB or STL presently)
The project currently uses only client NA_112_112. (No other client has the correct packet architecture) so you don't have to worry about which client to use. my own KTRose client uses this system in a somewhat modified way from the standard SVN and my client is highly modified.
I am the lead (and only) dev on this project.

3) OsIrose (irose) This is actually a pretty decent server but has a lot of bugs and is currently not being updated much, therefore it is lagging behind the other two in terms of bug fixes and capabilities. It also loads STB, AIP and QSD files directly.
Arnold is the dev on this project.

You can find all the information about these server emulator projects at


Arcturus.
This comes with no source so you can't modify it unless you are good with ASM
It uses irose clients only
It uses an mssql database rather than a mysql database so it can be a lot trickier to set up.
And Arc servers are not my strong point as I don't like working with "black box' systems that i can't modify. I stick with the open source stuff.
 
1. I think osRose, and Arcturus are hand in hand. People use osRose for making evolution servers, while they use Arcturus to make iRose servers. OsiRose is too buggy... I just don't see how people use that crap..

2. Arcturus has no source, but everything in game works 98% I would say.. It's the files with the least bugs in it. OsRose on the other hand does have a source. I can't say I know what is the main source used, as I never used osRose before.. I hate evolution.

3. Again, Arcturus and OsRose. OsRose probably has some files that already have Eldeon Prison, or even planet ORO. But, I'm sure you can find Arcturus files with those already in them.

4. If you want to make your own source, then I wouldn't suggest using Arcturus. Go with OsRose. The main site can be located here:


There are also many guides that can help you with editing server files and such.
Thanks for this man .
 
Wow. I didn't expect such detailed responses. Right on!

I hope there are more people like you guys in this section. The Maple one had good developers, but many members lacked some maturity.

Apparently, my friend just wants me to make a server that we can all mess around with, so I won't be doing too many changes I suppose. Servers like that tend to get old in about a week or two for me.

Again, many thanks guys!

~ Techninja
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back