Help, config error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sooooooo. I have Vladi's files and everything works, my account is made in KOAM , SQL is done , OCDB also, server works ( login , db, main), engine is there, everything works except the client o_O when i launch kalonline.exe it gives me a error window called Config Error
with the text : NULL and 2 buttons called NULL. What do i do to fix that =P?

Gwendolyn - Help, config error - RaGEZONE Forums
<-- Error while opening kalonline.exe when server is up

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe you screw up something in config.pk?
or your engine password doesnt match with config.pk/e.pk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sometimes it is the engine (had that today), but another common error is missing or double config.pk/e.pk. The problem can also be caused by wrong encrypted/compressed config files (wrong password etc)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Okies..I see how to change the password on the engine...and repack as engine.exe...but I have no clue as to what Im suppose to do with the config file....and I do not see an "e-pass" file anywhere...(I can unpack the config....but whats the next step?) I've read several guides...but I'm still not understanding exactly what to do..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
simply edit the e.pk and config.pk password to the same as engine... or vice versa =x

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
got the same Problem.
Im running Vista 32Bit...
made my own engine.exe with vista patch and KOCP and new password.
Used the same password on engine.exe, config.pk and e.pk.
Now when I start KalOnline.exe after changing IP Adress with HxD (hexeditor) i get the exact same error message :(
Whats the Problem here?

Upvote 0
Back