• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

(Help)Connection to relay server failed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just made the server wan and my friends can join in the server,they can create character and go to town BUT they can't create party.The game will stop a moment and shows up Connection to relay server failed When they create party.
Please help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey I had the same problem and when I looked it up, really the only thing I could find was your post. lol

For me, I found the solution was to edit the config files I found from this guide. I also redid my whole server and ran it through Hamachi IPV4. Hope this information helps, good luck!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just made the server wan and my friends can join in the server,they can create character and go to town BUT they can't create party.The game will stop a moment and shows up Connection to relay server failed When they create party.
Please help

This would be due to the fact the game is sending back a lan IP if you are hosting it locally. The only fix for this is to modify the server source files (ServiceCore) to allow a hostname based connection. however this can be problematic if you are on a dynamic IP so your best bet is as Griffenz suggested and run Hamachi or use a VPN hosted off your computer or even tuungle might work.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
best way is to host vpn server ( like openVpn ) on game server machine, set vpn net metric 1, lan net metric 2 and connect to game server throw vpn

nakashimakun, do you know how to modify ServiceCore to force needed ip to client? hex edit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This would be due to the fact the game is sending back a lan IP if you are hosting it locally. The only fix for this is to modify the server source files (ServiceCore) to allow a hostname based connection. however this can be problematic if you are on a dynamic IP so your best bet is as Griffenz suggested and run Hamachi or use a VPN hosted off your computer or even tuungle might work.

Done:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f943/fix-for-boat-channel-outside-1210092

Upvote 0
Back