Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Hellbound Server With DNS Address Problem L2J 

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hy, i am trying to host a l2j server using a dns name because my ip changes everyday.:busted_co
I have modifyed the server address in the L2.ini file succesfully using L2FileEdit.exe and i have tryed to configure the loginserver.properties and server.properties but with no success.:scratch:

Let's say that my internal ip is 192.168.2.122 and my dns address is 12345.game-host.org. I mention that i am using a Baricade Router and i have forwarded ports 2106 and 7777.

server.properties basic INFO:
Code:
# Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
GameserverHostname=*
GameserverPort=7777
# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *
ExternalHostname=*
# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=*
# The Loginserver host and port
LoginPort=9014
LoginHost=127.0.0.1

loginserver.properties basic INFO:

Code:
# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
ExternalHostname=127.0.0.1
# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=127.0.0.1
# Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginserverHostname=*
LoginserverPort=2106
# How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets banned
LoginTryBeforeBan=10
# Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. Provide a value in seconds. Default 10min. (600)
LoginBlockAfterBan=600
GMMinLevel=100
# The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginHostname=*
# The port on which login will listen for GameServers
LoginPort=9014

can anyone tell me exactlly how to configure these 2 files please?

vikkman.

OK. i have managed to configurate the files this way...

server.properties basic INFO:
Code:
# Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
GameserverHostname=0.0.0.0
GameserverPort=7777
ExternalHostname=12345.game-host.org
InternalHostname=192.168.2.122
# The Loginserver host and port
LoginPort=9014
LoginHost=192.168.2.122

loginserver.properties basic INFO:

Code:
ExternalHostname=12345.game-host.org
InternalHostname=192.168.2.122
# Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginserverHostname=0.0.0.0
LoginserverPort=2106
# How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets banned
LoginTryBeforeBan=10
# Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. Provide a value in seconds. Default 10min. (600)
LoginBlockAfterBan=600
GMMinLevel=100
# The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginHostname=192.168.2.122
# The port on which login will listen for GameServers
LoginPort=9014

They manage to pass the login screen but when it comes to selecting the server , it has "0" ping and cannot be accessed... anyone knows what is the problem??:vegeta:
I have modifyed the minbuild and maxbuild too 1 and 999.
Btw, my dns isn't 12345.game-host.org, i just put it that way so i wont advertise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry i cant be of any help, never using the dns option, as my ip for my server is stable. But have you tried to edit the subnets.properties inside gameserver/config?

I know thats where it binds available ips, possibly entering it there, and making your Gameserver config bind to your login, as they are getting to the loginserver.
Just an idea..

Sorry i couldnt be of much help.

Upvote 0
A shot in the dark but try maybe 192.168.1.1 (or your router address,the one you get the settings).

Upvote 0
i'm using the latest l2j revision and i dont have any subnets.properties insite the config folder...

Upvote 0
if u r conecting insinde your LAN use your server LAN IP instead of your WAN

use your WAN IP olny when connecting from outside your LAN

Upvote 0
If you haven't read the post title, i was asking for help about how to host a server using a DNS host, because my ip changes everyday. now if you'll excuse me.. stop posting useless answer if you don't know what is the meaning of this post!

PS: i didn't mean to be rude...

the problem is that the loginserver works fine.. but when players have to confirm the gameserver.. nothing happens...:sq_yellow

Upvote 0
If you haven't read the post title, i was asking for help about how to host a server using a DNS host, because my ip changes everyday. now if you'll excuse me.. stop posting useless answer if you don't know what is the meaning of this post!

PS: i didn't mean to be rude...

the problem is that the loginserver works fine.. but when players have to confirm the gameserver.. nothing happens...:sq_yellow

it's no problem to use a dns host... u can't connect cause ur router doesn't allow u to...

it means:

to connect from outside your LAN use "your.dns.whatever"
to connect from inside use server LAN IP

Upvote 0
tryed to open port 80 and i added in configs the dns address and nothing happens... the login but canot enter gameserver to create a character..

Upvote 0
in database there is a table called gameservers.. and there is a column called 'host' ... does that have something to do with my problem???:sq_yellow

Upvote 0
1. Port 80 has nothing to do with the dns redirrect. 80=http port. Has nothing to do with login/gs connection.
2. Directing to your WAN is what you would do no matter what if you are on a dirrect connection. Only use the lan if your connected to a router. But once again, that has nothing to do with you, cause obviously your ports are forwarded properly for the loginserver cause people are getting through it.

I tried using a dns redirrect through no-ip, and i never had any luck yet. I havent seen any servers with it working either, so dunno what to tell ya.

As for the host column, thats where the loginserver searches for the added gameservers. ( if im correct ) so this should be the IP of where the server is.

If your running on a direct connection, meaning your local area connection is showing your WAN IP, and not a LAN IP, then try using that DNS redirrect in there, restarting server, and seeing if it works. As long as your ports are forwarded properly, and the login is reading the gameserver there should be no issue. But like i said, i never had any luck with using a dns redirrect with a l2j server yet. Maybe you will have some.

Upvote 0
you forgot to forward the port 9014 ;)
your config files are fine, the only one problem may be the port 9014
i use a router too, with dns, and it works fine on that way.

Upvote 0
my forwarded ports...:

2106 - TCP/UDP
7777 - TCP/UDP
9014 - TCP/UDP

also... my dns address is automaticlly updated by my router..( ddns option in router; i got dns from dyndns.com )

Upvote 0
i tryed to see if ppl can connect to my server using WAN IP in configs and dns in l2.ini ( first try )
after using my DNS in configs a/w/a in l2.ini ( second try )

no results...

btw.. as i posted before i have an empty column in gameservers.table ( in database ) called host. does that have sumthing to do with this problem i'm having?:sq_yellow

Upvote 0
my forwarded ports...:

2106 - TCP/UDP
7777 - TCP/UDP
9014 - TCP/UDP

also... my dns address is automaticlly updated by my router..( ddns option in router; i got dns from dyndns.com )

Did you forward it right?
Just to remmember, you must forward it to your Lan IP Address, and not to the IP of the Router...

About the empty gameserver table, just go to your loginserver.properties and change:
Code:
AcceptNewGameServer = False
to:
Code:
AcceptNewGameServer = True

Try using the No-IP with No-IP Client, i didn't get into my server with DyDNS too, so Download and Register [ ]

Good Luck

Upvote 0
yes i have forwarded it right, i'm no dummy ( 192.168.2.1 = router ip / 192.168.2.122 = local ip )

and about dyndns.... my router takes place of that little program... i mean.. once my ip changes the router sends a signal to dyndns.com with the new ip using my user and password. ( it is one of my router's specialityes ( DDNS program )

and 'bout that acceptnewgameserver.. i have tryed with it both ways and no diference...:blink:

Upvote 0
Back