• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] host ran with dynamic ip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do anyone know how to host ran server with dynamic ip without using hamachi if know wht ip should configure at ran server cfg

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: host ran with dynamic ip

if you know how to use a dynamic dns and patch it through any free dns site but you have to make a customize luncher that reads dns not ips! okie

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

if you know how to use a dynamic dns and patch it through any free dns site but you have to make a customize luncher that reads dns not ips! okie
ok i get u and in the cfg server files wht ip address i hv to assign and the cfg ip cannot assign to dns,if assign to free domain name it will failed to start server

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

dynamic ip, it will change ip everytime you off,on your router. But if you can bind to the main ip, then you can used it as main ip server, but you need to make software that automatically copy your main ip to the clients, param.cfg

FInd the post about making auto ip changer. Its easy.
Learn to use the function of no-ip sites.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

thank you for you all reply, i try many way to do it without hamachi but i still failed to do it, can anyone just tell me step by step to do it thank you

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

ei ddradiks will u please share ur ranshop itemmap? and also ur inven_1_helper w/ 167-187 scrolls in it..ty a lot

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

im using edimax 4 port broad band router its working fine...just activate the DMZ..choose dynamic ip for the public ip adress. then use static ip adress for the LAN of your server. with this set up we can say bye bye to hamachi..the only drawback is when ever you switch off the router it will change the public ip adress . but thats not a problem for me becoz i keep my router always on. hmmm by the way enabling DMZ will open up all your ports so better have a good anti virus and anti hack progs install in ur pc.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

install DUC from no-ip.com onto your server, it will automatically update IP address if it changes.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i wanted to know what ip i have to bind for the ranserver cfg ,and my lan static ip is 192.168.5.2 , wht port i hv to foward and what is Dmz

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

configure your server cfg folder files (session,agent,login,field) with your existing static ip address (192.168.5.2 assuming this is your server ip). now open your router configuration and activate firewall, under firewall activate de miltarized zone or DMZ under DmZ choose dynamic ip and specify the static address that will be bind to it,(in your case its 192.168.5.2) and save the configuration. Now your ran client param.cfg files ,under server set should be configured using your existing dynamic ip address...thats it! all data from your dynamic ip wiil be transfered by the router to your specified server static ip address.

So your sever will have a fix static ip address, and you need only to change the client param.cfg configuration whenever you have a new dynamic ip address.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

configure your server cfg folder files (session,agent,login,field) with your existing static ip address (192.168.5.2 assuming this is your server ip). now open your router configuration and activate firewall, under firewall activate de miltarized zone or DMZ under DmZ choose dynamic ip and specify the static address that will be bind to it,(in your case its 192.168.5.2) and save the configuration. Now your ran client param.cfg files ,under server set should be configured using your existing dynamic ip address...thats it! all data from your dynamic ip wiil be transfered by the router to your specified server static ip address.

So your sever will have a fix static ip address, and you need only to change the client param.cfg configuration whenever you have a new dynamic ip address.

@Blackjak, have you tried this and made your server to run behind router?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

yes im running my server behind a router. and thats exactly what i did... for info im using edimax 4port broadband router..this is just for my home use and for some friends to connect to my server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

in networking principle, there's no way DMZ and PORT Forwarding to simultaneously work.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

no u dont need to forward any port if you enable DMZ

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

hi_dkny - [Help] host ran with dynamic ip - RaGEZONE Forums

this is my router DMZ configuration, and am i need to put global add for DMZ, i hv did wht u tell me but still cant connect to the server, when i start the client it show connection failed... i am so wonder what wrong with my config

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@bl4kjak
can we try if it is really working? I think it will not work.

did you use Loopback adapter?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back