• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] Picking a language...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have never really messed with this game before, but i'm looking for a new game to emulate. I am curious of people here think using C++ would be a waste of time, or if you'd say Java would make much more sense. Like the LaMyth team, i am also working on multiple projects at once, so do not expect me to work religiously on this :) Thanks!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: [DEV] Picking a language...

I'd say definitely not Java. C++ is possible though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I am not to knowledgeable on the game so I was unable to decide on a language depending on the performance required to handle the typical amount of players. I guess it will be C++ then, thanks for the reply Purple.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Definately not Java.

Either C, C++ , or C#. Those are the ones I recommend. :p

I doubt your recommendations considering the fact that you'd recommend C over Java. Do you even have any experience in the latter two? Why don't you actually explain why you said definitely not Java, instead of making rash objections without any sort of evidence to back them up.

You've got my respect!
Reaction score
Whatever language you are best at.
edit:
there's no point in learning another language, it's better to program in a language you are familiar in

Back