[Help] Setting up a dedicated server?

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

Im really interested in getting a dedicated server for my server but im not sure what one will support mysql etc, does anyone know of a dedicated server out there which can support flyff files? I also want to run wamp on it but im confused on how it works :blink:

can i get links
 
Last edited:
Re: Setting up a dedicated server?

I would suggest useing Windows Server 2003/2008.
If you wanted to set up a Private Server like GunZ or another Game that uses Microsoft's ODBC Driver, You won't be able to unless you have a Windows Server 03/08. And, I don't know any Windows Sim Program that can Simulate the ODBC Driver.

A cheap place where you can find Dedi Server's or VPS's would be
They are also the cheapest place I have found (ever).
 
Re: Setting up a dedicated server?

I would suggest useing Windows Server 2003/2008.
If you wanted to set up a Private Server like GunZ or another Game that uses Microsoft's ODBC Driver, You won't be able to unless you have a Windows Server 03/08. And, I don't know any Windows Sim Program that can Simulate the ODBC Driver.

A cheap place where you can find Dedi Server's or VPS's would be
They are also the cheapest place I have found (ever).

windows 2008 use the same vista ****

windows 2003 it's ok.

and instead using wamp use xampp, xampp it's better for new comers.

and about a good dedicated server i would say i did some ping tests with diferent computers around the world, and it give a really nice ping, the best ping i find, it's located in united kingdom, really nice ping conection from america and ofc good from europe.
 
Re: Setting up a dedicated server?

Just use Windows Server 2003 or 2008 ^^ Their the best.. Tho 2003 is better..

windows 2008 use the same vista ****

Your wrong.. Windows server 2008 and Vista may have some features the same.. But Windows server and Vista are diffrent.. Trust me ^^
 
Re: Setting up a dedicated server?

I would suggest useing Windows Server 2003/2008.
If you wanted to set up a Private Server like GunZ or another Game that uses Microsoft's ODBC Driver, You won't be able to unless you have a Windows Server 03/08. And, I don't know any Windows Sim Program that can Simulate the ODBC Driver.

A cheap place where you can find Dedi Server's or VPS's would be www.VPSLand.com
They are also the cheapest place I have found (ever).

did you test this company?
 
Re: Setting up a dedicated server?

I would suggest useing Windows Server 2003/2008.
If you wanted to set up a Private Server like GunZ or another Game that uses Microsoft's ODBC Driver, You won't be able to unless you have a Windows Server 03/08. And, I don't know any Windows Sim Program that can Simulate the ODBC Driver.

A cheap place where you can find Dedi Server's or VPS's would be
They are also the cheapest place I have found (ever).

thanks
i just got the Windows-EZ VPS Lite plan to test it out, their still verifying everything :huh:
 
Back