- Joined
- Feb 16, 2009
- Messages
- 658
- Reaction score
- 96
Hey RZ,
I'd like to get started on other stuff then maple-related.
I know JavaScript quite well, but only for MapleStory functions and Java just a little. I'd like to get started making some stuff runnable by Windows OS. But the choice of what to learn is so huge so I don't really know where to start.
I'd like to know these things:
- What language do you recommend me to start with? And why that one? what does it have others don't have?
- What compilers do you recommend? I have NetBeans, but will it work with the language you recommended above?
- What other programs do I need?
- What do you recommend to start with?
- Do you recommend me to buy a book? Visit a site? (I'm dutch, so if there are any dutch people reading this, please tell me a good dutch book I could use as resource).
- Are there any good guides where I can actually learn to make something useful for people with on this forum/anywhere on the i-net.
- Any other suggestions or something else?
- *I'm still at middle-school so i don't have ICT lessons. I'm totally doing this on my own and have no-one near who could help me learning.
Thanks for reading this, I hope one day I'll be the one answering such questions for new guys =].
I'd like to get started on other stuff then maple-related.
I know JavaScript quite well, but only for MapleStory functions and Java just a little. I'd like to get started making some stuff runnable by Windows OS. But the choice of what to learn is so huge so I don't really know where to start.
I'd like to know these things:
- What language do you recommend me to start with? And why that one? what does it have others don't have?
- What compilers do you recommend? I have NetBeans, but will it work with the language you recommended above?
- What other programs do I need?
- What do you recommend to start with?
- Do you recommend me to buy a book? Visit a site? (I'm dutch, so if there are any dutch people reading this, please tell me a good dutch book I could use as resource).
- Are there any good guides where I can actually learn to make something useful for people with on this forum/anywhere on the i-net.
- Any other suggestions or something else?
- *I'm still at middle-school so i don't have ICT lessons. I'm totally doing this on my own and have no-one near who could help me learning.
Thanks for reading this, I hope one day I'll be the one answering such questions for new guys =].

