[Help]Storeicons.

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 15, 2016
Messages
139
Reaction score
37
Hey ragezone. Been a while since I post for help, lets get to it.

Basically when I am trying to add a new store icon to a modified weapon. it works perfect. Now when I go to equip the weapon I get a crash. No errors,, r3dlog, logss etc... The game crashes at the end of loading game data.

I have spent a few hours on this issue. I have eliminated all possibilites or so I think, hence why I am posting here. Here are the possibilities for the crash I havbe eliminated.

1: It is not the model file, .sco. The gun works perfect all tested. But with the original icon. Tested fully in game working, no issues there.

2: I have tested many different ways of saving the icon. for example, with and without dropshaddows, Different file types, and the quality. dx1, dx3, dx5 etc...

3: Checked source for any errors and tried with another source on a local vmware and the problem still occurs.

4: tested with another skin icon from another modified weapon, from another emulator (Purely for testing purposes, it has now been deleted)

5: Tried to load the wapon with a modified storeicon, with diffrent fname, just with my model file. Still occurs.

6: Modified an original storeicon (VSS) and then tried to use that and it failed.


7: spawned the weapon in another slot and it loads with the correct storeicon. When I equip it, then the crash occurs again. SO the dds appears to work too. Execept when I go to equip.

There is more I have tried, but I cannot remember.

SO to sum up. .sco file is working pefect with original storeicon, when I change the storeicon to anything else the gun crashes.

Any help would be appreciated as this is annoying.

Cheers <3
 
Last edited:
If you added the new weapon with his new skin on itemdb.xml try to log with the studio. Maybe it crash cause the client don't find the weapon on the database (for client game).
 
Upvote 0
Thanks mate. Ill give it a shot. Ill update you in a few minutes



Still no luck. Same thing still happens.



Weapon working in TPS: https://gyazo.com/db3e6fcde05a3581782192cb4e186597

FPS: https://gyazo.com/db3e6fcde05a3581782192cb4e186597

This is shown in studio, but its the same in game, when I use my own .ddsfile.



I just put 2 skins together quickly to test if it was only the weapon slot: https://gyazo.com/40fd6db67ff3d8daedb817eef3264931

IT appears my storeicons are fine, so the problem has to be with the dds and the main weapon slot. Confusing AF
 
Upvote 0
Sure: here you go:

Code:
</Weapon>        <Weapon itemID="120005" category="21" upgrade="1" FNAME="snp_vintorez" Weight="2500">            <Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/snp_vintorez_white.sco" AnimPrefix="SNP_Vintorez" muzzlerOffset.x="0" muzzlerOffset.y="0" muzzlerOffset.z="" />            <MuzzleModel file="muzzle_asr" />            <HudIcon file="$Data/Weapons/HudIcons/SNP_Vintorez.dds" />            <Store name="VSS VINTOREZ Blue Stripe" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/SNP_Vintorez.dds" desc="" LevelRequired="0" />            <PrimaryFire bullet="Sniper5.45" damage="125" immediate="false" mass="2" decay="150" speed="700" area="0" delay="0" timeout="0" numShells="0" clipSize="1" reloadTime="3" activeReloadTick="1.43" rateOfFire="110" spread="2" recoil="14" numgrenades="0" grenadename="asr_grenade" firemode="101" ScopeType="pso1" ScopeZoom="60" />            <Animation type="assault" />            <Sound shoot="Sounds/NewWeapons/Sniper/VSS_Vintorez" reload="Sounds/Weapons/ASR/ASR_Generic_Reload" />            <FPS IsFPS="1" i0="0" i1="6001" i2="3001" i3="0" i4="4002" i5="0" i6="0" i7="0" i8="0" d0="0" d1="400027" d2="0" d3="0" d4="400031" d5="0" d6="0" d7="0" d8="0" />            <Base ID="101084" />        </Weapon>

That is the working gun, just with the original VSS icon

Code:
</Weapon>        <Weapon itemID="120005" category="21" upgrade="1" FNAME="snp_vintorez" Weight="2500">            <Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/snp_vintorez_white.sco" AnimPrefix="SNP_Vintorez" muzzlerOffset.x="0" muzzlerOffset.y="0" muzzlerOffset.z="" />            <MuzzleModel file="muzzle_asr" />            <HudIcon file="$Data/Weapons/HudIcons/SNP_Vintorez_BS.dds" />            <Store name="VSS VINTOREZ Blue Stripe" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/SNP_Vintorez_BS.dds" desc="" LevelRequired="0" />            <PrimaryFire bullet="Sniper5.45" damage="125" immediate="false" mass="2" decay="150" speed="700" area="0" delay="0" timeout="0" numShells="0" clipSize="1" reloadTime="3" activeReloadTick="1.43" rateOfFire="110" spread="2" recoil="14" numgrenades="0" grenadename="asr_grenade" firemode="101" ScopeType="pso1" ScopeZoom="60" />            <Animation type="assault" />            <Sound shoot="Sounds/NewWeapons/Sniper/VSS_Vintorez" reload="Sounds/Weapons/ASR/ASR_Generic_Reload" />            <FPS IsFPS="1" i0="0" i1="6001" i2="3001" i3="0" i4="4002" i5="0" i6="0" i7="0" i8="0" d0="0" d1="400027" d2="0" d3="0" d4="400031" d5="0" d6="0" d7="0" d8="0" />            <Base ID="101084" />        </Weapon>

Here is an imgur too: https://imgur.com/a/4Fe3PThat is the one that crashes. Only with the simple change of the store icon.



I will add that it is not only with the weapon. It happens to all weapons I tryu to modify for testing I made a blaser chrome. Simple and fast. Added the weapon with original blaser icon. Works fine.

Then I added a modified icon and when equipped it would crash the game
 
Upvote 0
Welll...

snp_vintorez_white.sco
but..

FNAME, AnimPrefix, HudIcon & StoreIcon is still the original warz one

you cannot just change the line to force which .sco will be loaded, you have to change all of it, that includes animation prefix, fname, hud and store icons.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I literally already changed all of those, the gun still loads in with either variation.



This is what you are saying, but it still crashes like this. If I load in with the Fname, animprefix and .sco changed. But leave the hud/store icons original it will load. as soon as I change the hud/store icon, it crashes.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I literally already changed all of those, the gun still loads in with either variation.



This is what you are saying, but it still crashes like this. If I load in with the Fname, animprefix and .sco changed. But leave the hud/store icons original it will load. as soon as I change the hud/store icon, it crashes.

did you added actual animation prefix in animation file for vss_white?

do you also prepared anm files for that? you better do that as well
it could help
 
Upvote 0
Yeah I added them. It is using the same line as VSS original. But I can try with different animation files/make seperate file for them

 
Upvote 0
Okay so the file name is changed to the same as the file name. snp_vintorez_white. Still the same issue.



Here, check this out. sorry it took me so long to reply btw aparently the forums crashed xD && ignore the crapp quality of the store icon, i made it in like 20 seconds just for a test
 
Upvote 0
Yeah ofc, let me upload the files for you now.



Here are the files for the weapon: https://mega.nz/#!ikl3CLYT!wRwhrKy4mt3FEQjI5SSce-WZTVRES3b7SVagk08FZ7g
 
Upvote 0
Yeah ofc, let me upload the files for you now.



Here are the files for the weapon: https://mega.nz/#!ikl3CLYT!wRwhrKy4mt3FEQjI5SSce-WZTVRES3b7SVagk08FZ7g

store icon name is not matching name of files

you don't have anm files

no animation prefix line

you are missing alot of stuff


will upload it in a moment


dldanny05

, try now, tho use everything i placed and it should work


ps

YOU OWE ME A BEER
 
Upvote 0
MY bad I forgot to add them to the files for you. I literally thought you meant to add just the model file etc... Going to test it now <3



My god it worked. I cannot belive how much of an idiot I was xD Can you tell me if you edited the icon or saved it in a different way at all?



But yeah thanks To all for trying to help and The king: Mr Sylvanas for fixing it <3 Much appreciate it.
 
Upvote 0
MY bad I forgot to add them to the files for you. I literally thought you meant to add just the model file etc... Going to test it now <3



My god it worked. I cannot belive how much of an idiot I was xD Can you tell me if you edited the icon or saved it in a different way at all?



But yeah thanks To all for trying to help and The king: Mr Sylvanas for fixing it <3 Much appreciate it.
just renamed it XD

first of all, you had just a store icon.. but no hud icon

and you still had that file in a different name than files, thats why it was crashing for you
 
Upvote 0
Back