• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Help with setting up a retro

RageZone's witch <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello RZ,

It's been a long time, and I'm back and looking to set up my own Retro. I use to play on other peoples, but now I'd like to set one up and manage my own.

So to make the story short, I set up a retro using this tutorial:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f377/noob-friendly-r63b-hotel-plus-1098757/

and I completed everything it asked me to do. I can run the emulator and it starts and everything is loaded. My issue is when I put my site domain into the URL, it's telling me my search can't find the site. No matter what I do, I keep having this issue. I know I'm going to be spammed to go reply on the other thread, but it's been so long that I've been on RZ, I was looking and can't even find the button to reply anywhere on that thread.

I just need some direction in why my domain wont connect to my VPS/Emu. I've purchased a domain, I've purchased a VPS, have all files loaded onto the VPS, edited all config/client files. If someone can help me out here, or via PM it would help me so much. Thank you,

RageZone's witch <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Still need some help.. But I've been at work trying to figure out the issues, I just can't.

Some updates I have is that in my research I'm looking at a DNS tutorial and it says a lot of people setting up retros don't have an idea about setting up the DNS to connect your domain to your VPS but this wasn't in the tutorial I listed above.. Anybody willing to show some help? I would love to get a Retro started, with quality.

Am I missing something in connecting the CMS to the Domain? I am lost

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Been here before. My mistake was to keep in the config files mysql host at localhost.

Change this to your vps ip
try logging in through your ip
open port 80 (firewall advanced settings, imboun rule, new rule, port 3306)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Could you send a screenshot of the error page?

Upvote 0
Back