Holograph Security Patch [NILLUS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
560
Reaction score
39
I noticed that either ‘Hebbo’ or ‘imadj’ finally found out one of the main exploits in Holograph Emulator – 2.5 weeks later, and he has used it against some private servers. To generally just **** some **** up. I know that I did it to some of you guys too, but I still believe that I had a valid reason to do so. Hebbo/imadj’s obviously not.

I have used this exploit against you guys with a reason, not because I’m a badguy. That’s why I present to you, free of charge and packed with nillus love: the security fix for your Holograph Emulators. Open up the source code, and follow me. Change the following things:

1) catalogueManager.cs

public static void handlePurchase(int templateID, int receiverID, int roomID, string decorID, int presentBoxID, int teleportID1)

to

public static void handlePurchase(int templateID, int receiverID, int roomID, int decorID, int presentBoxID, int teleportID1)

2) virtualUser.cs

string decorID = packetContent[4];
catalogueManager.handlePurchase(templateID, receiverID, 0, decorID, presentBoxID, 0);

to

int decorID;
if(!int.TryParse(packetContent[4], out decorID))
{
// Decoration data was not numeric
return;
}
else
{
catalogueManager.handlePurchase(templateID, receiverID, 0, decorID, presentBoxID, 0);
}

Excuse-moi for the dirty formatting, but this will do the trick. Replace the stuff as seen above in your sourcecode and recompile. I’m not going to elaborate on what is happening here for your own goodness, just do it and you’ll be on the safe side again.
 
Yeah, I tried this and tried recompiling, good thing I backed up the files I edited. This just causes tons of errors.
 
If it causes errors, go through the errors and remove the qute from the 0

eg.

replace "0" with just 0

rebuild and your done!

This patch lets hackers do many things, eg. make everyone rank 7 etc
 
If it causes errors, go through the errors and remove the qute from the 0

eg.

replace "0" with just 0

rebuild and your done!

This patch lets hackers do many things, eg. make everyone rank 7 etc

I'm not sure what you mean. There are no quotes around the 0? Sorry, I'm a bit slow sometimes.
 
The errors are mostly going to be "Overflow" errors and "Argument 4" errors.

Double click on these errors in the error list and in the line it jumps to, you will see "0"

Replace "0" with just a 0
 
If you were on the hotel and wanted to exploit this how would you?

(Want to make sure one of my closed source is patched)
 
Thanks for the help, finally got it working. This was how Hebbo hacked my hotel before, hopefully it won't happen again.
 
in my server source there isnt a

string decorID = packetContent[4];
catalogueManager.handlePurchase(templateID, receiverID, 0, decorID, presentBoxID, 0);

a bit of help maybe?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back