• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

houses on perfect world ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it is an ancient lie.. well if you notice, almost all scenarios are shown, unless the maps, which could have been easily created by anyone.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it is an ancient lie.. well if you notice, almost all scenarios are shown, unless the maps, which could have been easily created by anyone.
I wouldn't advise talking about things you obviously have no idea about...

The housing system is(or rather was) indeed real, however from memory it was only ever in used is the pay-to-play version of Perfect World. so remnants of the system still exist within our clients, however i believe the transition from original devs to wanmei has left a great many things missing from PW which we will never get to see :(

Reaction score
so remnants of the system [homes] still exist within our clients [...]

The truth of it is most of the NPCs have been removed, if the originals can be found, then it is likely we'll be able to activate it, but that means finding a P2P client that has it, and translating and recoding that into the PWI clients (yes, it is in the exe, but none of the tasks or npcs are)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The truth of it is most of the NPCs have been removed, if the originals can be found, then it is likely we'll be able to activate it, but that means finding a P2P client that has it, and translating and recoding that into the PWI clients (yes, it is in the exe, but none of the tasks or npcs are)
Unfortunately whilst some remnants of the system remain, the majority is gone, including what i believe would be several element lists. NPCs as of current would not have the ability to create homes as there is no corresponding lists for them to grab values etc from.

to further expand on that, you would have to create a compatible gs solution for housing (as i believe the free play and p2p versions were compiled with different features). you would then have to create the element and tasks structures to suit the new gameserver.

All in all, this is pretty much in tune with people trying to get 79-100 skills on 136 servers... whilst anything could be consider possible, without full source/angelica SDK or server/client from p2p, the likelihood of getting this feature enabled is pretty near to zero.

Best chance would be if PWRD decided to add a new housing system...which i highly doubt as they have heavily stowed away from the original ideals of PW as set out by the original developers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 343
Reaction score
v14 is the P2P PW from China. I have that client, actually, and I see the maps, but I don't have an elements config for v14, so I can't look at it. currently I have version 835. I grabbed it for no real reason, as I was testing clients for v63, I just never removed it

edit:
I just found something interesting..

who are these guys?

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We have managed to login on a p2p client using the 1.2.6 server, it didn't really function at all.
You can still see the housing system, its still live on wanmeis perfectworld1 server.

They have said many times that they are not bringing it to perfectworld2, it was different developers anyway.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes, I have seen the "c"maps (homes) in world2 clients.
That there is the issue, p2p is world1 Perfect World 2 or world2 is free play and thus is wanmei's iteration of PW which does not and most likely will never feature housing.

Archosaur Studios were the original development team responsible for Perfect World and after being brought out by wanmei, many devs left or were fired...as this occurred during development, a lot of features were either left out of adapted into other systems.

Archosaur Studios devised a pay to play game we know as world1, which wanmei brought out and ran, after the game started to have declining sales, wanmei took the game and changed many remaining aspects...this revision of the game is what we all know as perfect world...or as wanmei call it, Perfect World 2.

So basically the housing system is by all means gone and any remaining code fragments are of no use and would serve us as only a easter egg.

I just found something interesting..

who are these guys?

Now this is a funny story, PWRD sell Malaysia rights to PWRD games to Garena, however they do not inform the old rights holder known as Cubi-Zone until the day the deal is finalized, thus CZ had to close all of it's PW based gaming services with little to no warning for players.
Basically a lot of players from MYEN had years or data gone at the whim of pwrd.

So yea... Garena are the replacement for Cubi-Zone with regards to running PW services in regions such as MY and i believe PH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 343
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
which explains the need to call "gold", "cubi"

it seems they have housing though, it's on their listing for the servers.
Could be a reference to guild bases, as housing is no longer compiled into the GS, therefor no retail server past p2p would have access to the housing system.

Back