Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do I change this writing to another name like Mu or MuOnline etc

The Supreme King
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello, I know that maybe for some it's a noob question, but for me it's something new because I've never done it,I want to know how to change this name the client that uses it is 97d+99i,what tool are used ?, please, a mini tutorial, whoever has time, explain it to me too,and I thanks the one who helps me and takes the time

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
The Supreme King
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ur main.exe when you use minimizer it uses cesdn.dll which is the reason it adds this text to your mu window mode, if u dont use that minimizer it shouldnt show this message

Hi Karli thanks for help,I'm an old school fan this is window mode, I use it as a test and it still works perfectly,and I wanted to know if I can change the name what are the steps, which program should I use?

how do I search for that name so I can give it other names ? that is if the name can be changed ?

Download Link:

You can add a minimizer method directly in your client's DLL if you are working with the 97D client's source code.

thanks for info I'm not a fan of source code and I'm not a great expert,all I want to learn is how to change the name from window mode

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
As KarLi said, you need to find from where the minimizer is changing the window name. You need to find the strings references on that name using a debugger (OllyDbg, IDA, etc) and see the cross references of that string. Last thing is to change the bytes and patch the exe. Remember to backup the main.exe, in case of anything.

Upvote 0
The Supreme King
Loyal Member
Reaction score
maybe edit cesdn.dll with hex editor or ollydbg and put a text to that place where it displays that gibberish text

Hi Karli thanks again for help hex editor or ollydbg link to download plss and cesdn.dll ? you mean window mode mini tools ?

As KarLi said, you need to find from where the minimizer is changing the window name. You need to find the strings references on that name using a debugger (OllyDbg, IDA, etc) and see the cross references of that string. Last thing is to change the bytes and patch the exe. Remember to backup the main.exe, in case of anything.

Hi zipper20032 thanks again for help

already lost here :oops: more info or tutorial so I can understand too
You need to find the strings references on that name using a debugger (OllyDbg, IDA, etc

and see the cross references of that string. Last thing is to change the bytes and patch the exe.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You can check this for better understanding of searching string references (in OllyDbg for e.g).

Cross Reference (XREF) = if it's used in more than 1 place through the code.

After finding where the address' string is, you have to change it, then patch the exe with the new changes.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hi Karli thanks again for help hex editor or ollydbg link to download plss and cesdn.dll ? you mean window mode mini tools ?

Hi zipper20032 thanks again for help

already lost here :oops: more info or tutorial so I can understand too
The reason your mu window have this weird text AEae?*AE its because of minimizer in client (the .dll of that is cesdn.dll right? or similar name) and maybe if u go open with hex editor this .dll can f ind to remove this text or replace it. for http:/// darkst...net text maybe in other .dll do the same or directly search in main.exe for the text and change it, if not then its in main.exe with ollydbg coded

Upvote 0
The Supreme King
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The reason your mu window have this weird text AEae?*AE its because of minimizer in client (the .dll of that is cesdn.dll right? or similar name) and maybe if u go open with hex editor this .dll can f ind to remove this text or replace it. for http:/// darkst...net text maybe in other .dll do the same or directly search in main.exe for the text and change it, if not then its in main.exe with ollydbg coded

Hi again KarLi sorry for replying late but I didn't have time I changed the old launcher with a new one I know where to look,but I need small tutorials on how to search for this name and how to change it with the program OllyDbG I don't know what to do here

Untitled - How do I change this writing to another name like Mu or MuOnline etc - RaGEZONE Forums

Untitled 2 - How do I change this writing to another name like Mu or MuOnline etc - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back