• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

how do i upload patches with the deafult launcher?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello

I have setup a web server and put the correct files (version.txt and the .zip file) it in to start the game without "nocheckversion" and it works.
But now i have no idea what i must doing in my web server that my launcher automatically patching my Data files or other things.
I think i must create a "en" Folder because i find this path in "version.txt"

[2.0.0.1777.en]
DownloadPath=en <-----
Version=2.0.0.1778.en
DownloadFile=patch_2.0.0.1777.en_2.0.0.1778.en.exe[SUB][/SUB]
I also tried it with the "en" Folder and changed the Name of my "data" Folder to the latest patch of my server "patch_6.0.7.2691.en_6.0.7.2693.en.exe" and changed also it to a SFX file but without success.

what did i wrong? Can somebody help me with it please.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can start the game with the launcher (client.exe), but I cannot upload and download patches.
I would like to know how I can upload a patch so that other players can download it.
Is this also done with the web server?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First things first, from your post, your versions seem to be all off. If your client is reporting as version 6.x and your patch is version 2.x, you cant expect it to install older patches?

You must either change the game version to match the patch server, or change the patch server to match the game. One they match starting versions, you can begin patching.

If you are sure what you have is fine, lets look at your webserver then. You need to determine where the failure is. Have you verified you can access the patch through a web browser? If you cant, its likely a permission problem, or bad filename on the web server. If you can download the patch manually, likely its a client configuration.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First things first, from your post, your versions seem to be all off. If your client is reporting as version 6.x and your patch is version 2.x, you cant expect it to install older patches?

You must either change the game version to match the patch server, or change the patch server to match the game. One they match starting versions, you can begin patching.

If you are sure what you have is fine, lets look at your webserver then. You need to determine where the failure is. Have you verified you can access the patch through a web browser? If you cant, its likely a permission problem, or bad filename on the web server. If you can download the patch manually, likely its a client configuration.
my patch and client version are the same and everything works fine.
2.x.x was only a example.
the only thing i want to know is how to set up patches on the web server so others can download it.

Upvote 0
Back