• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Official How long do you think Habbo has left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simple Question, How long do you think Habbo has left before it dies?

I Believe Habbo will shut down in 3 years. Hopefully 2.
What do you think?

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would say about 10 years. Can you honestly say the main source of income for a company like Sulake will die any time soon? It will pick up once their new CEO or whoever does a good job.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think you need to stop smoking crack.
You sound like a little 10 year old. So you stop smoking crack.
And for some reason your an Administration? Pha! I've offended your love for Habbo and you basically post hated comments on the thread? WTH!

I would say about 10 years. Can you honestly say the main source of income for a company like Sulake will die any time soon? It will pick up once their new CEO or whoever does a good job.

Really? There income is nothing to how it used to be years ago.
Users have droped to 4k MAX on peak times, Years ago Peak time would be 18 - 20K

Edit: Also you have to think about the cost's for everything. Its not like spending little amounts of money on a crappy VPS host. You've got to think about staff cost's ect.
And 4k User's isn't really enough to what they have to pay, If they somehow nudge up there users to 10k then they would be around for much longer.

Also Private development has taken over.

Last edited:
I would wait for the moon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Depends on whether or not Habbo/Sulake stays acting the way they do now, if they do it will be over soon (2/3 years max?). If the new CEO knows what he's doing and Timo works on his HITCH design so it turns out something nice, they could be having 8-10 years left (wondering if I will be around that time, got no life at all).

The user drop is partly Sulake's fault, but also because of users growing up, start having a job, college etc, it's more fun to be in (and pay for) Habbo "the habbo as you experienced it all those years which you enjoyed playing" than being there now with almost everything changed. Also another reason is that in all those years alot of (smaller, but sometimes fun) games have come on the web (even if it are those annoying Facebook-games) and there are lots of games (like) Habbo too (most people banned on Habbo which have spend alot of money on furni went to second life game.)

So nobody is really able to tell how long Habbo has left, it depends on the choices the Sulake employees make everyday.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is not a stupid question, it is a completely valid one considering Sulake keep running it into the ground.

A few people I've known reckon only about a year or two before it closes, but I suspect it'll be at least 5 years before it finally does go. Their revenue has got poorer and poorer each year and their userbase keeps getting smaller (if you look at hotels like .dk .se and .no, you wonder why Sulake have even bothered keeping them open considering they rarely reach over 1000 online now). I imagine the issue involving the sex scandal ruined the company's reputation, therefore less people are willing to try and co-operate with Sulake (e.g. Tesco, Game and 'the other place' that stopped selling their game cards) = even less revenue.

If Sulake buck up their ideas and focus on the community a bit more, it could last potentially 10 years+. But the fact they remain so ignorant, unethical and downright idiotic is just causing the death to come sooner and sooner.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Habbo closes when we have all their users :)
We close with them. Trust me. Some of you guys look at it as a good thing that Habbo will close, but when it does. It's only a matter of time before the retro world loses all it's users because the users grow out of it or just quit. Then what will our source of users be? That is the real question. Stop being so hateful of Habbo. You should start thinking of ways to save it.

Who cares? When they close, they close? The company could go bankrupt tomorrow and it can close just then.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We close with them. Trust me. Some of you guys look at it as a good thing that Habbo will close, but when it does. It's only a matter of time before the retro world loses all it's users because the users grow out of it or just quit.

Think of this;

1. Retro users don't play Habbo so they could give 2 shits if Habbo closes.
2. What would the reason be for retro users to quit retros, unless they suddenly get a life?
3. If Habbo closes they will probably try to close every retro with them.
4. Habbo won't close.

Rogu3
Reaction score
You sound like a little 10 year old. So you stop smoking crack.
And for some reason your an Administration? Pha! I've offended your love for Habbo and you basically post hated comments on the thread? WTH!

Really? There income is nothing to how it used to be years ago.
Users have droped to 4k MAX on peak times, Years ago Peak time would be 18 - 20K

Edit: Also you have to think about the cost's for everything. Its not like spending little amounts of money on a crappy VPS host. You've got to think about staff cost's ect.
And 4k User's isn't really enough to what they have to pay, If they somehow nudge up there users to 10k then they would be around for much longer.

Also Private development has taken over.
What do you mean by years ago? Years ago they had separate hotels for countries, and their peaks were a bit above 1,000. Years ago was when Habbo was good.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by years ago? Years ago they had separate hotels for countries, and their peaks were a bit above 1,000. Years ago was when Habbo was good.

Habbo UK had about 5k... in comparison Habbo USA had about 18k. Basically you would expect every English speaking hotel to be at 30k...

This is from what I remember. Probably wrong.

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Think of this;

1. Retro users don't play Habbo so they could give 2 shits if Habbo closes.
2. What would the reason be for retro users to quit retros, unless they suddenly get a life?
3. If Habbo closes they will probably try to close every retro with them.
4. Habbo won't close.

Sorry but some of the things you say here are invalid.

1. I know tons of retro players who still play Habbo.

2. With the recent happenings with Phoenix, I know a poop load of people who decided to "quit" retros for the time being just to be on the safe side.

3. I agree with you here, they might try. But I don't think they'll succeed, they should have taken action years ago when Habbo Retros were in the early stages of development.

4. Strongly disagree with this, Habbo has lost a lot of revenue and keeps losing revenue. If someone doesn't take action, Habbo will infact close.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry but some of the things you say here are invalid.

1. I know tons of retro players who still play Habbo.

2. With the recent happenings with Phoenix, I know a poop load of people who decided to "quit" retros for the time being just to be on the safe side.

3. I agree with you here, they might try. But I don't think they'll succeed, they should have taken action years ago when Habbo Retros were in the early stages of development.

4. Strongly disagree with this, Habbo has lost a lot of revenue and keeps losing revenue. If someone doesn't take action, Habbo will infact close.

1. Sure

2. Safe side of what? Habbo isn't going to go knocking on your door and take you to court for playing retros.

4. Don't you know how much money Sulake has? They can keep it up for years, especially with their other games or whatever the they are.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why, when something happens that attracts a lot of attention to the section (/f282 and co.), do everyone make crazy assumptions and open threads titled "The end for Habbo?", "What happens when they close?", "How long have they left?"?

More so, in fact, in this particular situation. Sulake have potentially taken out the 'cause' of half of retros (regardless as to whether this brings them for traffic) and everyone presumes that they're closer to the end.

Shoot me in the face.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why, when something happens that attracts a lot of attention to the section (/f282 and co.), do everyone make crazy assumptions and open threads titled "The end for Habbo?", "What happens when they close?", "How long have they left?"?

More so, in fact, in this particular situation. Sulake have potentially taken out the 'cause' of half of retros (regardless as to whether this brings them for traffic) and everyone presumes that they're closer to the end.

Shoot me in the face.

Maybe if you could F------ Read, This Thread was started a day or two before the news of Aaron's court order.
You need shooting in the face now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why would Habbo stop? I know they are losing players but it's a big company worldwide who are still making profit (I hope for them). So actually, this is a silly question.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you could F------ Read, This Thread was started a day or two before the news of Aaron's court order.
You need shooting in the face now.

This wasn't directly aimed at this thread - I was talking about these types of threads in general. I was also aiming it at the replies on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back