• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Official How long do you think Habbo has left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Think of this;

1. Retro users don't play Habbo so they could give 2 shits if Habbo closes.
2. What would the reason be for retro users to quit retros, unless they suddenly get a life?
3. If Habbo closes they will probably try to close every retro with them.
4. Habbo won't close.
@3. Habbo would no try to close every retro if they close because when they close (if they even close at all) they'd probably not care and it would be a waste of time and money to do that. I doubt they'd want to waste any money they're not getting on closing retros.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The thing is, if Habbo disbands Habbo Retros' won't carry on, many hotels could last a few months. Most hotel would be the same, as many wouldn't have the ability to keep users by adaption of their hotel. They need Habbo, it shall no disband.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@3. Habbo would no try to close every retro if they close because when they close (if they even close at all) they'd probably not care and it would be a waste of time and money to do that. I doubt they'd want to waste any money they're not getting on closing retros.

Their major shareholder, Elisa, has plenty of money to throw at the retro industry whilst they're still thriving - why would they wait until Habbo closed to take action? You've seen what they've done already - and we know they aren't done just yet...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1-5years. people in younger generation wont play this game.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1-5years. people in younger generation wont play this game.

With any luck, they'll have moved on by then. I can see them launching a new, more appealing (to the younger generation) game in the near future.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure about that. They've been involved in, and tried to launch themselves, a few other MMOCCs. Habbo 2 is probably the most infamous.

zU0JSS7 - How long do you think Habbo has left? - RaGEZONE Forums

bLsfh9 - How long do you think Habbo has left? - RaGEZONE Forums

VyEjsIa - How long do you think Habbo has left? - RaGEZONE Forums

I am not sure Sulake would want to e-enter the market if habbo fell. It doesn't really make sense to dump their huge database etc anyway.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I always thought Tom was telling the truth... I guess it *could* be fake but it's a lot of effort to go through (not just the scenes themselves but the low quality QuickTime border)...

I always quite liked it outside of the avatars.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I always thought Tom was telling the truth... I guess it *could* be fake but it's a lot of effort to go through (not just the scenes themselves but the low quality QuickTime border)...

I always quite liked it outside of the avatars.

It's rather strange that they didn't really alter the toolbar, though.. :/:

Rogu3
Reaction score
1. Sure

2. Safe side of what? Habbo isn't going to go knocking on your door and take you to court for playing retros.

4. Don't you know how much money Sulake has? They can keep it up for years, especially with their other games or whatever the they are.
1. He's right.
2. Safe side of getting involved with it somehow. Even though they haven't really committed any crimes, better safe then sorry.
3. They won't succeed, and they probably won't try to shut down any retros after it closes because it's a pointless cause and a waste of money.
4. Regardless of how much money Sulake has, they're not going to spend it on users who don't return the favor. They can keep it up for years, but if they're not making profit, they're going to be losing money. Their other games have never and will never generate enough revenue to keep it open. They can't keep every hotel open either if they decide to do that, so they'll be making a LOT less revenue, and they'll be losing money, users, and wasting their time. They may have a lot of money, but they don't print it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They've been involved in, and tried to launch themselves, a few other MMOCCs. Habbo 2 is probably the most infamous.
I can recall someone proving that Habbo 2 was a fake created by someone to spark something up, but it failed. I can't find the article that said that, but I'm pretty sure it was a fraud. On top of that, I'm also pretty sure if they made Habbo to look like that. Nobody would play it, the people look like they walked through a meat grinder.

Besides, the beauty of Habbo was always it's simplicity of 2 Dimensional Animations that had a 3 Dimensional look about them based on the shading of the images.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think it was ever proven, I remember all the fansites in a rage about it though. The "classified" stuff Tom was pumpimg out on TFH2 around the same time (like the Habbo Dreams emulator & stuff) so I never saw any reason to doubt him. I don't think we ever traced the art back to anything else...

Either way, if it was real they decided well against it after everyone went crazy over it.

It's rather strange that they didn't really alter the toolbar, though.. :/:

True. It could be fake I guess but the art is 'habbo'ised too (Habburgers etc)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly, I think it has about 4 years left (of sulake owning it).
If it does close. Who gives a duck? We all got our retros.
Someone can buy the habbo domain. Use a retro emulator. Boom, welcome back habbo.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Habbo Netherlands = Dead
Habbo Netherlands was big very big with a lot of people, but now it is over with max 2000 online users.
We got here a retro and this hotel is in a few weeks bigger than habbo.nl :ehh: Something wrong xD (Now an error on the server, Sorry Sunnieday r63 cms fail xD)

Vincent Beerends , country manager for Habbo Netherlands has said: The Dutch website and community for Dutch players will simply remain available, but all the work of the Dutch team will by the Finnish headquarters taken over." The former joint venture between TMG and the Finnish parent company Sulake has also came to an end.

Sulake, which was recently acquired by the Finnish telecom operator Elisa, put on a great centralization by the various Habbo offices abroad.

"The strategy of the foreign Sulake Habbo offices to close last year has already deployed," explains Beerends. "The Dutch office was the last local office that was still running. The intention is that all work for Habbo will come from the finnish office.

About the role that TMG has played in this step can Beerends not lose too much: "TMG has always been a minority interest in the joint venture with Sulake. It is not difficult to imagine that Sulake has the final say in such a decision. "

TMG itself declined to comment on the sale of the shares. Spokesman Hans Elekan "TMG had a minority interest and in that context, it is not subject to TMG to the outside world." (Text source Habbox)

(Edit) See Online users:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back