Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to DEBUG .DLL in .exe

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys,

How can i debug a .DLL ? I Want to add a Jewel Bank but i'm getting
Exception thrown at 0x78E93268 (main.dll) in main.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing to location 0x00E8CB3C.
Unhandled exception at 0x78E93268 (main.dll) in main.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing to location 0x00E8CB3C.

How can i pass throw this?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How can i debug a .DLL ? I Want to add a Jewel Bank but i'm getting
Exception thrown at 0x78E93268 (main.dll) in main.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing to location 0x00E8CB3C.
Unhandled exception at 0x78E93268 (main.dll) in main.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing to location 0x00E8CB3C.

How can i pass throw this?
Your problem is coming from the memory addresses which you are using. Make sure you are using offsets for your MU version. 1.04d is having different offsets than 1.04e and so on. If you are using a different version, I think you should check the assembly for your decompiled main.exe.
If you are trying to add S6 jewel bank to an earlier version like S3, you need the GUI drawing offsets to have S3 offsets and not S6 offsets for every function pointers you are using.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Your problem is coming from the memory addresses which you are using. Make sure you are using offsets for your MU version. 1.04d is having different offsets than 1.04e and so on. If you are using a different version, I think you should check the assembly for your decompiled main.exe.
If you are trying to add S6 jewel bank to an earlier version like S3, you need the GUI drawing offsets to have S3 offsets and not S6 offsets for every function pointers you are using.
Oooooh thks, i having a big doubt to understand and find offsets.
Do u have any guide or tip?
I'm coding in 1.18.70 main.exe it's a season 13

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Use debuggers, such as IDA Pro with HexRays decompiler. Of course, you would need an unpacked main.exe in order to decompile the game functions correctly and get those offsets you need.
So, you would need to search for S13's GUI offsets for drawing functions. I have no references to give you of what to search for cause S13 is pretty different than S6. Maybe compare S6 unpacked main.exe with S13 unpacked main.exe and check what offsets you have in S6 versus what offsets you need in S13. It's not an easy task.

Things would get complicated a bit if the drawing is using more internal functions, so copy-pasting an S6 jewel bank is not possible, except for the logical parts which are saving/loading from database and coded in DataServer and GameServer.

Upvote 0
Back