How to fix font issue in AION after replacing fonts?

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Sep 7, 2013
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Hello everyone,


I’m using AION.Encdec to extract .pak files in order to change the game’s language. I tried replacing the fonts inside the Font folder with a Unicode font that supports Vietnamese.


The problem is:
  • After replacing the fonts, the game still shows squares or question marks instead of proper Vietnamese characters.
  • It seems the game forces a specific font encoding, or it doesn’t recognize the font I added.
  • I’m currently using AION Client version 7.7.
    12 - How to fix font issue in AION after replacing fonts? - RaGEZONE Forums

Has anyone successfully replaced fonts in AION to display Vietnamese (or any non-English language) correctly? If yes, what’s the exact method? Do I need to edit a config file, match the font name, or make other changes besides just copying the .ttf files?


Any detailed guidance would be very helpful.


Thanks!
 
I've encountered this before.
You saved the file with strings in a different encoding, which is why you started seeing symbols like this.

Make sure that the client_strings_ui.xml file specifies the utf-16 encoding used and that the file itself is saved in utf-16 Le encoding.
1755598217860 - How to fix font issue in AION after replacing fonts? - RaGEZONE Forums

1755598239506 - How to fix font issue in AION after replacing fonts? - RaGEZONE Forums

If that doesn't help, try other encodings or save the file in a different encoding.
 
Upvote 0
I've encountered this before.
You saved the file with strings in a different encoding, which is why you started seeing symbols like this.

Make sure that the client_strings_ui.xml file specifies the utf-16 encoding used and that the file itself is saved in utf-16 Le encoding.
View attachment 287347
View attachment 287348
If that doesn't help, try other encodings or save the file in a different encoding.
Thank you very much for your help! I’ve followed your instructions and successfully fixed the font issue. Now the game displays Vietnamese characters correctly. I really appreciate your support!
 
Upvote 0
Back