Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make server (New version)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
932785923 - How to make server (New version) - RaGEZONE Forums

Client :
Client Source with light tweaked(???) :
(Not data updated...T_T)
******** It will be caught as a virus by Windows Defender, but this is a false diagnosis. (Ragii.exe) Probably because this client was built with old code or VS2005, which has been discontinued. FYI, I compiled the client and uploaded it to virustotal.
Server :

The content is very long, so it is written as a document.

(Complete documentation (maybe?) :$: :):)

Please comment if you have any questions.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello is this less bug than the others right bro ? thank you for this guide heheh

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Did you test it in win10 or win11 if work?

Couldn't test on Windows 11.
However, this client and server work on Windows 7 or higher (actual Vista or higher).
Visual Studio 2005 SP1 support on vista.

hello is this less bug than the others right bro ? thank you for this guide heheh

Bugs may exist. My server running results are like this, some quests are not accepted, the server suddenly shuts down, etc.
The server is not made by me, so I can't fix bugs. The server fix by geralex88. (Fixing server bugs is not something he can do every hour. Neither do my client fixes)
Bug reports to geralex88.

And the server guide is still scheduled to be updated when time permits. thank you.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Fix packet size to confirm quest -

Kang Jinsu - How to make server (New version) - RaGEZONE Forums

:):
I received the source of the server and tried to run it, but the following error occurs.
But after turning it off and on a few times, the error is gone.

11/28/2022 7:08:01 PM|[Error]Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at SagaMap.Map.SendEventToAllActors(TOALL_EVENT_TYPE etype, MapEventArgs args, Actor sActor, Boolean sendToSourceActor) in d:\SagaRO2-master\SagaMap\Map.cs:line 801
at SagaMap.Map.UpdateWeather(WEATHER_TYPE weather) in d:\SagaRO2-master\SagaMap\Map.cs:line 124
at SagaMap.Tasks.SystemTasks.DynamicWeather.CallBack(Object o) in d:\SagaRO2-master\SagaMap\Tasks\SystemTasks\DynamicWeather.cs:line 26
11/28/2022 7:08:01 PM|[Error]Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at SagaMap.Map.SendEventToAllActors(TOALL_EVENT_TYPE etype, MapEventArgs args, Actor sActor, Boolean sendToSourceActor) in d:\SagaRO2-master\SagaMap\Map.cs:line 801
at SagaMap.Map.UpdateWeather(WEATHER_TYPE weather) in d:\SagaRO2-master\SagaMap\Map.cs:line 124
at SagaMap.Tasks.SystemTasks.DynamicWeather.CallBack(Object o) in d:\SagaRO2-master\SagaMap\Tasks\SystemTasks\DynamicWeather.cs:line 26

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Random error with the weather, I'll try to see later.

There may be a failure in determining the type of weather.
Try temporarily this fix:
***\SagaMap\Tasks\SystemTasks\DynamicWeather.cs

Code:
public override void CallBack(object o)
        {            
            ClientManager.EnterCriticalArea();
            try
            {
                if (Global.Random.Next(0, 99) <= 90)//90% sunny
                    this.map.UpdateWeather(Global.WEATHER_TYPE.SUNNY);
                else
                    this.map.UpdateWeather(Global.WEATHER_TYPE.RAINING);
                    //this.map.UpdateWeather((Global.WEATHER_TYPE)Global.Random.Next(1, 8));
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Logger.ShowError(ex);
            }
            ClientManager.LeaveCriticalArea();
        }

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, the original enemy character doesn't move here? (Move elsewhere)

this is...

It's going to take some time.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's right, apparently they have not played the emulator of this game before. These mobs are static, for one of the reasons, this is the fact that for this initial location there is no height map and, in general, the concept of landscape, I can assume that for this reason they were made in such an implementation, but if you wish, nothing prevents you from correcting this.

In terms of filling the game world, the fact is that the emulator was implemented for a later version of the client, and the version of the client that was built from the source code has an earlier version than the emulator was written. Here it is already necessary to independently change the content of the game world to match the content of the client or expand the content in the client by updating it to a later version.

In general, using this source code and an example of an updated emulator, you can try to create your own small server for a fan game.

Having the source code, you have all the possibilities if you have knowledge - to implement new functions, dungeons, craft, collect resources, and more.

MVP - Add friendlist:
Kang Jinsu - How to make server (New version) - RaGEZONE Forums

Coxiez
Banned
Reaction score
i always got error on powershell cmd so i cant run the sql server.
is there any other mysql much easy to use?

Coxiez
Banned
Reaction score
I always got error on PowerShell when I making a password for MySQL from PowerShell like the guide on doc. i just follow that tutorial maybe I need the correct mysql5.xxx what tutorial use I can't find it

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I always got error on PowerShell when I making a password for MySQL from PowerShell like the guide on doc. i just follow that tutorial maybe I need the correct mysql5.xxx what tutorial use I can't find it

5. Run mysql-admin -uroot -p password [password to change] before running the server
(If you ask for a password, just press enter or there will be a log file in the data folder. Check. The one I created has no password or log)
Shift + Mouse right click.

Any problem here?

Oh, there is a fact missing in the explanation.
I had to start mysql first and change the password, but I made a mistake. T_T
Sooner or later, the manual will be revised.

Last edited:
Coxiez
Banned
Reaction score
Yup that #5 in tutorial

Where do I need to start that?
Inside of bin folder or through the PowerShell command?

I just did is first I run the switch bat to on the sqladmin.exe then I open PowerShell shift+right click then I type cmd > next I type sqladmin.exe -uroot -p password then the password: show I put my own password and then error show but in end of error message ( USING PASSWORD: YES ) wen I run the login error show won't connect to database
I edit the config file for my SQL user and pass still the same error

UPDATE

i got miss that on config! now the server is work
next problem is i cant make account using the ID_M or F in login?
is their any useful register page available to make account?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yup that #5 in tutorial

Where do I need to start that?
Inside of bin folder or through the PowerShell command?

I just did is first I run the switch bat to on the sqladmin.exe then I open PowerShell shift+right click then I type cmd > next I type sqladmin.exe -uroot -p password then the password: show I put my own password and then error show but in end of error message ( USING PASSWORD: YES ) wen I run the login error show won't connect to database
I edit the config file for my SQL user and pass still the same error

UPDATE

i got miss that on config! now the server is work
next problem is i cant make account using the ID_M or F in login?
is their any useful register page available to make account?

There is no signup homepage where you can create an account.
(There is one, but this is for another server. Can't use it)

How to create an account:
When you open the client and the login screen appears for the first time

Enter ID :
(your ID you want to create)_M
or
(your ID you want to create)_F
I don't know what _M or _F means. (Whether it determines the character's gender...)

And, enter the password to create

Last edited:
Coxiez
Banned
Reaction score
Enter ID :
(your ID you want to create)_M
or
(your ID you want to create)_F
I don't know what _M or _F means. (Whether it determines the character's gender...)

And, enter the password to create
I do this but kr message error popup on client then I look on saga DB account, the account did not made
I try and remove some code on register page I got I manage to make account but the account I made did not recognize by the client I don't know why.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I do this but kr message error popup on client then I look on saga DB account, the account did not made
I try and remove some code on register page I got I manage to make account but the account I made did not recognize by the client I don't know why.

please send me a screenshot. :s:

Coxiez
Banned
Reaction score
how to fix this

the loot is not in the right position some blank or error failed item

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how to fix this

the loot is not in the right position some blank or error failed item

It is because the server and client data are different (the client contains less data than the server).
I need to add data to my client, but I don't have time to work on it. :(:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, matching the server and client data seems to take a very long time.
I can't guarantee when it will start and when it will be completed.
The amount of data is huge.
Anyways, I'll work on it as time permits.

:eek::cry:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back