Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sup Community,

I wanna show you how to use the Sky Sniffer I recently posted in the BDO Releases Forum.
I'll try to make it as easy as possible with lots of pictures that I will put in Spoilers to make it a little shorter.
Let's start with what you need to sniff packets.

(packet capture library)

Server with working packets (e.g. Acharnes)

You'll have to install Npcap to start sniffing. I don't think I need to make a tutorial for that.
Unpack the sky.rar anywhere you want and open up the sky folder.

Now launch the Sky.exe in that folder. Pretty easy so far.
gURD1lA - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
You'll see a console window that says Welcome to Sky Debug and shortly after that the Sky Sniffer starts.
Click on Captors in the menu strip on top.
c2mcKh - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
You should see SharpPcap capturing with your Network adapter on localhost.
If that doesn't show up make sure Npcap is installed. Reboot your computer if you didn't do that yet.
G0mcF7 - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
A new window pops up in which you can select your startup options.All you need to change is the Log Name. Name it whatever you want, in this case it's bdoemu.
Then click Select to continue.
p52pehu - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
Now you will have to start your Game (in this case Acharnes) and wait for it to load.
Once you're in the main menu you can click the small play button on the top left of the sky session.
SFsRbqA - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
The program will start sniffing packets as you play now.
Once you caused specific packets to appear press the pause button and locate the packets you've been looking for.
They'll most likely be unnamed yet. So you can name them yourself. That's if you know what the packet is called.
Make sure use the XML Page on the top right List box to show the packets in XML format. You can edit the name in the Quotation Marks.
0rZIlKE - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
Now you have the Packet Opcode you need to add into your packets.xml on your server.
Hope this helped a few people out.

Have fun with that. :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
lol seriously? first, fix the memory leak, and other problems ... because there’s no hardware that can help you avoid this :)) the server will hold a maximum of 200 people, and you will be able to restart once an hour ... collect packets faster, at the end December we will update, and we will have the same shaffle packages as on the official server .... turn on the brains, and think about how to get around this, at least think twice, and not just turn on the software :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol seriously? first, fix the memory leak, and other problems ... because there’s no hardware that can help you avoid this :)) the server will hold a maximum of 200 people, and you will be able to restart once an hour ... collect packets faster, at the end December we will update, and we will have the same shaffle packages as on the official server .... turn on the brains, and think about how to get around this, at least think twice, and not just turn on the software :)

Please share ur packets.xml :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you are probably sick..consider a therapist

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thought I can use it to update existing pockets to work with new client...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you are probably sick..consider a therapist

??? hes just being honest. trying to get to the very newest version before even trying to fix the huge problems like at least the memory leak makes no sense.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sup Community,

I wanna show you how to use the Sky Sniffer I recently posted in the BDO Releases Forum.
I'll try to make it as easy as possible with lots of pictures that I will put in Spoilers to make it a little shorter.
Let's start with what you need to sniff packets.

(packet capture library)

Server with working packets (e.g. Acharnes)

You'll have to install Npcap to start sniffing. I don't think I need to make a tutorial for that.
Unpack the sky.rar anywhere you want and open up the sky folder.

Now launch the Sky.exe in that folder. Pretty easy so far.
gURD1lA - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
You'll see a console window that says Welcome to Sky Debug and shortly after that the Sky Sniffer starts.
Click on Captors in the menu strip on top.
c2mcKh - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
You should see SharpPcap capturing with your Network adapter on localhost.
If that doesn't show up make sure Npcap is installed. Reboot your computer if you didn't do that yet.
G0mcF7 - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
A new window pops up in which you can select your startup options.All you need to change is the Log Name. Name it whatever you want, in this case it's bdoemu.
Then click Select to continue.
p52pehu - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
Now you will have to start your Game (in this case Acharnes) and wait for it to load.
Once you're in the main menu you can click the small play button on the top left of the sky session.
SFsRbqA - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
The program will start sniffing packets as you play now.
Once you caused specific packets to appear press the pause button and locate the packets you've been looking for.
They'll most likely be unnamed yet. So you can name them yourself. That's if you know what the packet is called.
Make sure use the XML Page on the top right List box to show the packets in XML format. You can edit the name in the Quotation Marks.
0rZIlKE - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums
Now you have the Packet Opcode you need to add into your packets.xml on your server.
Hope this helped a few people out.

Have fun with that. :)
i try but not work..

sameone help me ?
i open and ky start and next game but i not see any log in sky

sry for bad english

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
??? hes just being honest. trying to get to the very newest version before even trying to fix the huge problems like at least the memory leak makes no sense.
Its java. Java never used to make a sense,lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I followed the instructions, but nothing happens.
I have tried with both adapters but it doesn't seem to work.
VKsYMSI - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I followed the instructions, but nothing happens.
I have tried with both adapters but it doesn't seem to work.
VKsYMSI - How to Use Sky Sniffer for Packet Sniffing in BDO - RaGEZONE Forums

It said it wont work on official servers, I believe all regions. Maybe try on private server? Such as gamezbd used remastered.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It said it wont work on official servers, I believe all regions. Maybe try on private server? Such as gamezbd used remastered.
its not the official, I use the files that everyone uses, remastered server + acharnes or odo client

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
its not the official, I use the files that everyone uses, remastered server + acharnes or odo client

Oh OK then that's weird, Nopey got his working perfectly.
I was wonder what we can do with this tools if we use it on gamezbd private server? Do you guys think we can sniff some useful pockets from their servers/client while playing it? But I think the compatibility of this current remastered servers we had won't be able to accept the pockets code. Whats you guys think about this?

Back