• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to work out Drop Chances

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A guide to working out monster drop chances and the chance of a monster dropping an item.

Firstly, go into "MySQL" then into "Monsterdrops"
you will notice how every monster has a list of items it drops, and a drop chance.

Now, let's say your server drop rate is 10x and the chance of a green snail dropping a green snail shell is '5' that means for every 5 snails you kill, you will get 10 Snail shells, which is basically a 200% chance.

Bad example? Yes, all that equation means is EVERY Green snail you kill will drop a green snail shell

Let's say the server drop rate is 10x, and the drop chance of the Snail shell is 100x.
This means, for every 100 Green Snails you kill, 10 Green Snail shells will drop, or a 1/10 chance, (or 10% chance)

And a final example.

The server droprate is 57x
The Green Snail shell drop chance is 2535

For every 2535 Green Snails you kill, 57 Green Snail shells will drop.
Or, a drop chance of 44.47%.

So, therefore, the equation for working out monster drops is:
Dropchance / Server Drop rate = Drop rate %

Thanks for taking the time to read my guide. Don't forget to thank me if I helped out.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice guide ol' chap!

I used it to wibble me fibble!

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So tell me, how come if you enable the function that "blocks more than one item of the same sort is dropped from the same kill". Odin 95x
(meaning a blue snail can't drop a blue snail shell AND another ETC. item.)
And insert two items of the same attribute into the drop table, with chance 2, that they both drop equally in chance?
Your theory doesn't explain that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So tell me, how come if you enable the function that "blocks more than one item of the same sort is dropped from the same kill". Odin 95x
(meaning a blue snail can't drop a blue snail shell AND another ETC. item.)
And insert two items of the same attribute into the drop table, with chance 2, that they both drop equally in chance?
Your theory doesn't explain that.

If i am wrong correct me but i believe that Odin 95x Overrides the drop table SQL table.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Now I understand how the drop rate works.

Back