Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HTC One

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, a few hours ago HTC introduced their new superphone, The HTC One.

A short list with specs:

Code:
Snapdragon 600 Quadcore - 1.7Ghz
HTC Sense 5.0
Android 4.2
4,7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI Screen
2 GB DDR2 RAM
Size: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm, Weight: 143g

Visit this site for the complete list: [url=http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/#specs]HTC Site[/url]

Heres a hands on:

And some pictures:

Lapje - HTC One - RaGEZONE Forums

I like the design, it really does look great. The unibody looks good and I like how they didn't use plastic, like some other brands. It looks solid and clean. Ive seen people saying it looks a lot like the iPhone 5, but when comparing the two pictures side by side I see so much differences that I have to disagree.
I dont quite think HTC added a lot of new functionalities in there though. Can't wait for the benchmarks and reviews. Also, I can't wait to see what Samsung comes up with to compete with this.

Price is estimated around 699 Euros over here.

Thoughts?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My god that looks sweet. I have HTC One V atm and I love it. Hopefully this will be an option for my upgrade next year

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ikr, I'm loving the design very much. Gotta give credits to that to HTC. I'm currently still using my HTC Wildfire and will buy a new phone soon. Gonna wait for the Galaxy S4 (which the release is rumored to be at March 14 by some pretty thrustworthy sources) and then compare the phones to see which one will be my next new toy. I do hope the S4 will look better than the S3 tho. The S3 has a very, unique design. But comparing it to the One I like the One much much better.

Reaction score
Looks good hardware and software wise. Hopefully they do upgrade it to 4.2.2.

Have to wonder what they're doing with the HTC Butterfly though, what's the point of having two flag ship devices? That are sort of similar in specs. Should be good though, not a fan of the 'new' sense especially he dock, to me it looks amatuer'ish compared to what they were doing around Gingerbread time.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well the front cam only has 2.1 MP cam and say nothing about the back cams MP, thats kinda a deal breaker for me.

Reaction score
4MP according to the press at the event but they use 'ultra pixels' which are supposedly better.

At the launch event in the US, an HTC official said, "For years, people have been misled about what is important in a camera - what matters is not pixel count, but pixel size. Bigger pixels let in more light, it's simple physics... We're trying to balance out what a lens can support and what a sensor can support. We're talking about real image quality, not just megapixels for the sake of megapixels. The era of the megapixel is over."

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it looks so Ducking hot.
and @ the op, they do use plastic bodies, it's just special plastic. (polycarbonate afaik)

and htc cameras are beyond comparison, i'm sure becca would agree ._.

Last edited:
butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it looks so Ducking hot.
and @ the op, they do use plastic bodies, it's just special plastic. (polycarbonate afaik)

It's actually a unibody aluminum body. Or so they say on their website. Are they? I thought the One X and the S3 were really close to each other camera wise. And for the best cameras I'd say Nokia cameras are the best..

It does look great huh ^^,

Reaction score
4MP according to the press at the event but they use 'ultra pixels' which are supposedly better.
LOL, shenanigans. thats what they just said there.
No it's not shenanigans. I'm not saying it's everything they claim it be, but the technology behind the sensor has been around for a while now and does quite a bit better at low light.
The main reason why it's not used that much, aside that people like yourself who don't understand anything about sensors will believe high MP phone cams to be better, is that you will get a much lower resolution in comparison. Because of better techniques it's only now that it's starting to be something that can be properly used.
Personally I think HTC made a great choice on the camera, this megapixel nonsense on phones is absolute shenanigans. HD screens are only 2MP, yet we get phones with 8-12 MP, for what exactly? To zoom in on the absolute poop quality that's 100% on such a tiny sensor?
I much rather have 4-5MP with proper quality, then those crappy 8-12MP sensors in Samsungs etc.

Anyway HTC made some great calls with this phone, I like the camera, I like the design, I like their partially copied interface from MS, I like the screen etc. There is just so much to like about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Android, but as far as the phone goes, I truly believe HTC did a great job on this phone. It's a shame it's so expensive, because it would be nice to see them take back some of the market from Samsung, because my issue with Samsung is that they just make the same poop over and over, yes it works, yes it's fast, but they keep sticking with the same ideas over and over, which is basically, faster and higher resolution.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally I think HTC made a great choice on the camera, this megapixel nonsense on phones is absolute shenanigans. HD screens are only 2MP, yet we get phones with 8-12 MP, for what exactly? To zoom in on the absolute poop quality that's 100% on such a tiny sensor?
I much rather have 4-5MP with proper quality, then those crappy 8-12MP sensors in Samsungs etc.

so what your saying is no one share these photos on pc, tv, dital photo frames?, oh make sence then....

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ive had quite a few of the new HTC phones. Most of them run games like Asphalt 7 and Modern Combat 4 perfectly. There's no lag. Ill be getting this and seeing how it is.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it looks so Ducking hot.

This is 5mp and the quality is amazing. You know photography isn't just about mp!!

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its rumored to be released at a Samsung event March 14. Can't wait really. There have been so many different rumors about the S4 around that I really don't know what to expect. Gotta give it to Samsung for keeping their poop secret and spreading contradicting rumors.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The S3 was amazing. The S4 is gonna be more amazing. The only poop i dont like is that the screen is getting bigger every time. When your walking in the street, it looks like you have a friggin tablet in your pocket.

Reaction score
The S3 was amazing. The S4 is gonna be more amazing. The only poop i dont like is that the screen is getting bigger every time. When your walking in the street, it looks like you have a friggin tablet in your pocket.
What's amazing about the S3? It's just an Android phone with a good soc (CPU/GPU), there is nothing special about it. That's how Samsung makes all their phones, good, maybe even great, but not excellent or amazing. There is basically 0 innovation over at Samsung, if you compare what Samsung is doing to this HTC One or the Nokia Lumia 920, it's simply no match.
This of course doesn't mean you shouldn't get the Samsung, it means that other companies are just doing a much better job to move smartphones forward.

Btw dump even more on Samsung, the S4 won't have a Samsung soc but instead are going for a Qualcomm soc (just like the majority of other phones) and it won't have a amoled screen. So unless Samsung brings something special to the phone, it will be nothing more then the average high end smartphone that can be easily matched by HTC, Sony etc.

Back