I need some help decrypting this...

Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello! I am new to these forums so I am really sorry if this is the wrong section to be posting this. The thing is that I have this code and I really need help decrypting it. I have asked in several other forums the same question, but couldnt get enough help to decrypt it. I have tried every single single method I could think off and Base64 is the one that makes the most sence when decrypted, but along with that, it gives out symbols between the text and in the start and end of it. I got two suggestions from the other forums I posted this in. One was that it's encrypted in javascript and I need the key in order to decrypt it. And the other one was that there is a problem with the encryption encoding and to be more specific that it was trying to decrypt a utf-8 in cp1251. For the second suggestion I checked the place where I got this code from and it says the encoding is in utf-8. But I dont really understand that, so I could do more. Aaand yea, that's about it. I really hope someone here can help me decrypt it and here's the code itself:

Code:
[color=red]
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 fitYMRaYcyc1Iw=
[/color]

Oh, and if it really turns out to be a javascript encryption, is it possible this to be the key ? :

Code:
[color=red]
160e311b-03a4-4476-804b-87ae79521b36
[/color]

Thanx in advance! =)
 
Last edited:
If it's encrypted in JavaScript you can see the JavaScript and you can technically get the key.

If it's encrypted/decrypted in PHP, or on the server, you cannot see the code, therefore the key is out of your reach, AFAIK.

If it's encoded you don't need a key, just the methods used or type of encoding.



Is it encrypted/encoded, and what kind? I don't know. You can never really tell for sure- different encryptions look different. I was just talking to someone last night about how it's better to mix/match- to throw off the malicious user trying to crack the code- you, in this case.

Is it possible that text is the key? Sure. I don't know if it is or not, but you can try it.
 
Last edited:
well the code comes from a ASP.NET page and this is a viewstate. It checks if what I post back is what I'm supposed to. And what I need is to find a way to change this viewstate. I hope this additional info helps. =/
 
Back