Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I want to host my server without hamachi...so anyone can connect to it (pf/openvpn)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Options: Port Forwarding, a homemade vpn (openvpn?) extra ???, vpn hosting (expensive).

I've tried port forwarding, and got no where with that. My ports won't even show as open on . Probably got a problem on my end somewhere.

For port forwarding, what IP address do I forward ports for? There's the router's gateway, then there's my computer's IP.

I'd really rather use OpenVPN, if anyone could guide me through setting it up to work with it, then I could just use one public ip ???

I've used the search button, and google. Read Lugapha's thread, and Zorno's, and Gruntilda's a bunch of others posts.

Best Regards,
LordJashin

EDIT: Okay i was able to get port forwarding to work, and launch the game and connect to my routers IP. Isn't 8080 the http port used for REST? Idk. That or port 80. W/e I opened port 8080 for it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tip:
LoginServer runs on 192.168.?.? but forword the WanIP
WorldManager runs on 192.168.?.? but forword the WanIP
ZoneServer's runs on 192.168.?.? but forword the WanIP

all the other poop runs on 127.0.0.1 same on the firewall only LS, WM, ZS's need to be opened

How's that possible ? Think about it !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I opened like all the ports from TCP View. Other users besides me get a "Couldn't connect to World Server error".
Everything is running off my computers IP. Which is the same as running it off of 127.0.0.1 afaik.

As far as the config goes, Idk what I could do to get it to work unless I use a "public" IP from a VPN. So I'm going to try to do that and go down that path. I'm very adept just not with networking totally yet.

If ANYONE has hosted their server off Localhost and gotten this to work. Show me some proof and please send me your config file or tell me what you did. Hex editing, w/e the hell you conjured. W/e ports you opened, etc.

o7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have done this and i said the solution for it,

Can you show me some proof. Or post your config file? What do you mean by "forward your WanIP", All i know how to forward is ports. It'd be great if you could go into some detail for me. Pls.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This networking stuff goes over my head. If anyone knows how to set up a Fiesta pserver with a VPN let me know please. I'll pay you a little cash if need be. If not I'll just have to dive in the deep end like i did long ago with web programming. Networking was never my strong suit, too much terminology.

I'm going to setup a private server that anyone can play on. I already bought web hosting and forum software.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go buy a dedicated server, setup your server, turn off your firewall and let everyone ddos you.

Goodluck.
Implying a simple firewall will block a ddos attack.
You'll need a pretty beefed up hardware firewall if you're planning on blocking huge ddos attacks without a ddos filtering system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Issue resolved. Thanks for the help everybody. A certain immortal god helped me out. As for DDOS I'll do my own research.

I didn't expect to get such an expert. Anyway. yayz for awesomness

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to turning off your firewall to stop DDoSers. Firewall will block the connections unless they're unblocked.

Back